Forums46
Topics538,658
Posts9,739,689
Members87,102
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5863731 08/05/15 02:12 AM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Just around Hwange park.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5863796 08/05/15 02:48 AM
N
NDN98 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: La Longue Carabine
If any of you haven't seen the tirades of death threats, harassment, and slander being sent towards big game hunters literally every minute, check out this profile:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sabrina-Corgatelli/970549649631494?fref=nf

There does seem to be a double standard in some folk's reactions to women posing with trophies as opposed to men. While male hunting personalities do get some flak, the female hunting personalities seem to get it a lot worse overall.

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5863822 08/05/15 02:56 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Well you have to remember who you are dealing with on THF...you know we the "illogical"...the. "ridiculous"... those who cannot see the "completely obvious" kinda of folks here in Texas. Remember we are all not doctors so we are not qualified to see the logical and obvious at times. Some of us are just sheep grazing and need time to understand true hard facts. We are slow to respond with logical thoughts since we just don't understand at times.....

Or just a few people who feel victimized because someone disagreed with them for pushing inaccurate facts on other posters.

Please Mr. Supreme Dr. sir. Explain to this ignunt bumkin exactly what an "inaccurate fact" is..

You sure are entertaining if nothing else.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: NDN98] #5863863 08/05/15 03:24 AM
L
La Longue Carabine Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
L
Originally Posted By: NDN98
If any of you haven't seen the tirades of death threats, harassment, and slander being sent towards big game hunters literally every minute, check out this profile:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sabrina-Corgatelli/970549649631494?fref=nf

There does seem to be a double standard in some folk's reactions to women posing with trophies as opposed to men. While male hunting personalities do get some flak, the female hunting personalities seem to get it a lot worse overall.

Absolutely. Probably because in most areas of the world people don't think women hunt too. The university that Sabrina Corgatelli works at said they were inundated with calls and emails around the clock demanding that she be fired. For what??? As if she had committed a crime. She's not a poacher. This is ridiculous, and now that these ignorant brats are seeing that they're getting their way with airlines and new regulations in Africa, they're just going to get worse. It has to stop, and there has to be negative reinforcement. If someone so much as calls me a poacher on my facebook page I'm going to slam them with a slander lawsuit. Once enough examples get made of these people they'll start thinking twice about harassing people with their idiocy.

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: Creekrunner] #5865622 08/06/15 10:51 AM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
Going to be really interesting when hunting money no longer flows into those economies. I have a feeling the tone of all this will change when money isn't coming in.

Well, the powers that be in Zimbabwe aren't what you'd call real quick to connect the dots. But, so far just some airlines have said they'll stop shipping trophies. That doesn't mean trophies can't get here. It doesn't mean hunters won't go. And the American greenies are so incredibly arrogant that they think that some outraged facebook and twitter comments will control the actions of the government of a foreign, sovereign nation. So maybe it will quiet down after they think they've accomplished something. It's the USFWS's attitude going forward, which is very subject to political whims, that can make or break the situation. Think wolf reintroduction programs.

But , they have a hashtag!!! rolleyes clap

🍻
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5865634 08/06/15 11:16 AM
billybob Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Anti hunters are going [censored] crazy on social media lately with anyone who posts hunting pictures. Aside from blatant harassment and slander, they are invading privacy, making false reports of professional misconduct to their employers, and verbally attacking them at their homes and jobs.

Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me. I've also got a response for the sticks and stones rifle

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5865665 08/06/15 11:48 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

You mean like the inaccurate facts you used to support killing all the deer at the ranch in Medina county?

No. Unlike the facts I used which were well supported by science, and that are preventing the further spread of CWD in Texas.

Is that the same science that is letting the CWD infected herd in West Texas live? confused2 What is preventing CWD from not spreading out there? confused2

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5865682 08/06/15 12:09 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
On a positive note, I don't do FAKEBOOK but I do take a peak at the east Texas 903 outdoors once or twice a season to look at the local deer kill. The real gigantic high fence looking deer always get hammered by everybody, because its obvious that the deer aren't from around here in a natural wild kind of state. smile Hey I don't comment on them , because Im not even a member. There is plenty of hateful people just waiting to tromp on anything they can, I wouldn't let it bother you. I can assure you they wont take hunting away from me, because I do what I want where I want and when I want to do it, and there aint no yuppies out there that are capable of stopping me. rifle

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5866204 08/06/15 05:35 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
United is doing the same thing.

I think the airlines got a call from one of Der Fuhrer's minions in Washington.

American Airlines, Delta, and United all refuse to transport hunting trophies now.

That is incorrect.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: stxranchman] #5866213 08/06/15 05:40 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

You mean like the inaccurate facts you used to support killing all the deer at the ranch in Medina county?

No. Unlike the facts I used which were well supported by science, and that are preventing the further spread of CWD in Texas.

Is that the same science that is letting the CWD infected herd in West Texas live? confused2 What is preventing CWD from not spreading out there? confused2

Yelp... I'm also still wondering if they closed Mule deer and elk season in CO or Wyoming.....48 years later........

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5867401 08/07/15 07:00 AM
L
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
L
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

American Airlines, Delta, and United all refuse to transport hunting trophies now.

That is incorrect.

In what way? If you are referring to the fact that some still allow certain trophies (like whitetail or elk), it doesn't really take away from the loss of all of the other species, or the fact that they are restricting our ability to hunt legal game in any way.

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: stxranchman] #5867402 08/07/15 07:16 AM
L
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
L

A disease outbreak in deer within a high fenced area can be controlled, a disease outbreak in a wild population cannot really be controlled (especially this kind). If the threat of spreading CWD to another (or multiple new) areas can be avoided by confining and killing high fenced deer if necessary, then that is the obvious choice. The Mule Deer in West Texas are isolated and the threat of spreading is low. There is no great choice for them at this time. Killing their entire population to prevent the risk of spreading would disrupt the entire ecosystem, and prevent evolution from producing some kind of resistance.

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5867649 08/07/15 01:48 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

A disease outbreak in deer within a high fenced area can be controlled, a disease outbreak in a wild population cannot really be controlled (especially this kind). If the threat of spreading CWD to another (or multiple new) areas can be avoided by confining and killing high fenced deer if necessary, then that is the obvious choice. The Mule Deer in West Texas are isolated and the threat of spreading is low. There is no great choice for them at this time. Killing their entire population to prevent the risk of spreading would disrupt the entire ecosystem, and prevent evolution from producing some kind of resistance.

You really like to use the word obvious don't you?

The only thing obvious to anyone with common sense is you don't know what the hell your talking about.

None of you that are advocating slaughtering all these deer can answer the simple question of why this disease has not wiped out all those Mule Deer in west Texas by now.

Because none of you have a clue. You all outsmart yourselves with your arrogance. If you could turn on the common sense portion of you brain you might consider some simple answers. Like maybe this disease has been around as long as we've been hunting cervids. Did it not occur to anyone we are seeing diseases now because the deer are captive and we have access to them their entire lives on a daily basis. Just the opposite of the wild populations.

I find dead dear skulls every year on our 10,000 acres that by that time no one could say for sure what killed the deer. It could of been CWD.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5867657 08/07/15 01:53 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
I'd assume low density doesn't concentrate them. If there's multiple positives and low density that's pretty alarming. Shouldn't have restocked from CO. Just an educated guess though, no expert on that. I have noticed talk of MD expanding and coming into higher density WT areas so that's something to consider.

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5867698 08/07/15 02:21 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

That is incorrect.

In what way? If you are referring to the fact that some still allow certain trophies (like whitetail or elk), it doesn't really take away from the loss of all of the other species, or the fact that they are restricting our ability to hunt legal game in any way.

You can still check capes and horns so saying that you can not ship trophies is incorrect.. Total of 5 animals are banned.... Anything coming in from another country still has to go through a USFWS port of entry. If you are coming from Africa chances are you have a whole crate filled with skulls, capes, horns etc. so most likely you used a freight forwarder and broker to get you through all the red tape. There is a reason UPS spoke up.... They are in competition for that business with other air and sea freight companies not Airlines

Perfect example...aircanada banned lions, leopard, elephants rhino and water buffs..... Air Canada has no African flights.

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5867714 08/07/15 02:36 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
And "water buffs" aren't in Africa.

CNN posted a picture of "the big five"...one of them was a bison. roflmao

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5867719 08/07/15 02:39 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Right.. Feel good for show policy

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5867744 08/07/15 03:02 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

On the quote in red, Really? I did NOT KNOW THAT!

Please mr Dr. sir. educate us. Exactly what state has CWD in breeder pens that doesn't have it in their "wild" populations??

Is it ok if I don't hold my breath till you get back with us on that??

On the quote in blue, you do know that the state want's to kill all the deer that left that ranch right? That includes stockers on open land, so that eco system doesn't count? And, even more contradictory, what better group of study animals could you find that would "evolve to produce some kind of resistance" than a captive breeder pen??

I'm not sure what kind of Dr. you are, but it would be really helpful if you'd identify that for us/me. Consider it a PSA helping me/us determine what discipline to be less impressed with.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #5868449 08/07/15 11:14 PM
L
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
L

None of you that are advocating slaughtering all these deer can answer the simple question of why this disease has not wiped out all those Mule Deer in west Texas by now.

I already explained why in the thread on that topic. Go read it instead of contaminating this one.

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: therancher] #5868489 08/07/15 11:35 PM
L
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
L
Originally Posted By: therancher

On the quote in red, Really? I did NOT KNOW THAT!

Please mr Dr. sir. educate us. Exactly what state has CWD in breeder pens that doesn't have it in their "wild" populations??

Is it ok if I don't hold my breath till you get back with us on that??

On the quote in blue, you do know that the state want's to kill all the deer that left that ranch right? That includes stockers on open land, so that eco system doesn't count? And, even more contradictory, what better group of study animals could you find that would "evolve to produce some kind of resistance" than a captive breeder pen??

I'm not sure what kind of Dr. you are, but it would be really helpful if you'd identify that for us/me. Consider it a PSA helping me/us determine what discipline to be less impressed with.

You keep asking questions about why the situation is being handled the way it is, and I tell you. Sorry it's not what you want to hear or understand. If you want to rant about it go to a thread that is actually about that topic.

Last edited by La Longue Carabine; 08/07/15 11:41 PM.
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5868523 08/07/15 11:49 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Actually that's not how the situation is being handled mr la langue carabine.... There is a reason why that herd is still standing despite TPWD efforts.... Amazing what happens when "elected" officials decide to let people whom are actually skilled in animals diseases step in. TAHC isn't trying to kill the herd.

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5868607 08/08/15 12:51 AM
L
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
L
Actually that's not how the situation is being handled mr la langue carabine.... There is a reason why that herd is still standing despite TPWD efforts.... Amazing what happens when "elected" officials decide to let people whom are actually skilled in animals diseases step in. TAHC isn't trying to kill the herd.

Jesus. Fine, let's turn this thread into another CWD thread. Regarding the Mule Deer, states have moved away from the wild population eradication strategy based on what has been learned from Wisconsin's attempts. As I previously mentioned, that is not the case with contained deer populations. Which is why all of the deer in the enclosure with the Medina county deer were killed. The Mule Deer in West Texas are designated as low risk for spreading, and the management and surveillance program has suggested that it is confined to the Hueco Mountains.

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5868620 08/08/15 01:04 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Jesus. Fine, let's turn this thread into another CWD thread. Regarding the Mule Deer, states have moved away from the wild population eradication strategy based on what has been learned from Wisconsin's attempts. As I previously mentioned, that is not the case with contained deer populations. Which is why all of the deer in the enclosure with the Medina county deer were killed. The Mule Deer in West Texas are designated as low risk for spreading, and the management and surveillance program has suggested that it is confined to the Hueco Mountains.

please refer to State CWD breeder protocol for deer seperation roflmao

If the epidemiological investigation determines that the herd was not commingled with an animal from the CWD-positive herd, the herd will be reinstated to its former status, and the time spent in Suspended status be counted in its herd status.

Animals are commingled if they have direct contact with each other, have less than 10 feet of physical separation, or share equipment, pasture, or water sources/watershed.

So why we getting trigger happy?

Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5868656 08/08/15 01:32 AM
L
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
L

please refer to TPWD CWD breeder protocol for deer seperation roflmao

If you know about protocol that differs then please post it. Infectious disease protocol that I know of, including what has actually been done in past situations, is what I have described in other posts and alluded to in this post. And honestly, TPWD is going light so far this time. Probably because they took a lot of criticism from what happened the last time there was a CWD scare on a HF ranch here.

Last edited by La Longue Carabine; 08/08/15 01:33 AM.
Re: Hunting Pictures and Social Media [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5868664 08/08/15 01:38 AM
L
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
L

please refer to State CWD breeder protocol for deer seperation roflmao

If the epidemiological investigation determines that the herd was not commingled with an animal from the CWD-positive herd, the herd will be reinstated to its former status, and the time spent in Suspended status be counted in its herd status.

Animals are commingled if they have direct contact with each other, have less than 10 feet of physical separation, or share equipment, pasture, or water sources/watershed.

So why we getting trigger happy?

That protocol is not different than what I am aware of. That's why all of the deer in the enclosure were killed. Protocol also states that the rest of the deer on the ranch must be tested at time of death. You're arguing with me for no reason. I never refuted any of this.

Last edited by La Longue Carabine; 08/08/15 01:39 AM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide