Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Cecil Lion # 2... #5860533 08/03/15 05:19 AM
L
LuckyHunter Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
L
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/Zimbabwe-names-second-american-lion-killer-n402776

Who's next...

Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd that a few weeks after the President visits Africa the corrupt government of Zimbabwe begins a war against hunters.

I believe we better circle the wagons and unite. First stay away from Zimbabwe.

Last edited by SheepHunter; 08/03/15 05:40 AM.
Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5860548 08/03/15 06:49 AM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Yeah, if you're going to Zimbabwe, better have permits and follow the law, seems they don't like poaching rolleyes

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5860556 08/03/15 07:18 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Lol.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5860743 08/03/15 01:57 PM
L
LuckyHunter Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
L
Hunter : Tried and convicted by Western and NP. Jury of peers from the Hunting Community.LOL

Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5860745 08/03/15 01:59 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
I don't see the collar on Jericho.

Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5860775 08/03/15 02:14 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: SheepHunter
Hunter : Tried and convicted by Western and NP. Jury of peers from the Hunting Community.LOL

I haven't convicted anybody.

I don't feel the need to twist myself into a pretzel defending convicted felon poachers and/or accused poachers just because they kill chit though. As some apparently do.

Hunting is more than making something die. There are standards, rules, zen involved (as in, a way to go about the endeavor that makes it something worthy).

Apparently this is fast becoming lost among the "checklist" crowd.

Last edited by Nogalus Prairie; 08/03/15 02:17 PM.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5860784 08/03/15 02:21 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W

Sheephunter, would be best for our hunting community to call a "spade a spade". I don't like it any more than you do and if I had the means and want to hunt Zimbabwe, I would. I would just try to follow the rules, I sure wouldn't hunt without the proper permits in an area that is off limits!

I'm thinking you wouldn't either (hunt illegally)....Or condone this kind of behavior......Right.........

Wonder how many 100's of international hunters go to Zimbabwe and have a great, successful hunt, follow the rules and have nothing but great memories , super trophies and photos to share and all without incident?

Dennis

Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5860800 08/03/15 02:32 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
roflmao

Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5860827 08/03/15 02:45 PM
L
LuckyHunter Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

I haven't convicted anybody.

I don't feel the need to twist myself into a pretzel defending convicted felon poachers and/or accused poachers just because they kill chit though. As some apparently do.

Hunting is more than making something die. There are standards, rules, zen involved (as in, a way to go about the endeavor that makes it something worthy).

Apparently this is fast becoming lost among the "checklist" crowd.

Dall Sheep, Desert Sheep ... grand slam is a check list. So don't give me that bs

No one on here supports poaching. 23 lions tagged within the park have been killed outside the park. You know "free range". The Zimbabwe Government can easily issue a legal permit in April and then call it illegal 4 months later. You know it's called "Government corruption". Then again you choose to trust the word of the Zimbabwe government who serves baby elephant for a Birthday Bash. www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/...-birthday-bash/ over a fellow hunter. By the way African hunters don't draw tags or buy tags over the counter in Africa, They don't even go by Walmart and buy a hunting license. Your outfitter takes care of everything for you. Remember Dorothy this isn't Kansas anymore.

Knock ,Knock who is it, It's the Zimbabwe Government and NP we are here to help. Now that's funny

I agree if he's truly guilty then suffer the wrath... but until I see the true facts I'll withhold judgement.

The Mugabe screed continued: The United States “can’t have it both ways. … They can’t say ‘allow our people to visit, allow our people to have safaris,’ to kill our lions and take safari trophies to America.”

Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: Western] #5860857 08/03/15 02:59 PM
L
LuckyHunter Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: Western

Sheephunter, would be best for our hunting community to call a "spade a spade". I don't like it any more than you do and if I had the means and want to hunt Zimbabwe, I would. I would just try to follow the rules, I sure wouldn't hunt without the proper permits in an area that is off limits!

I'm thinking you wouldn't either (hunt illegally)....Or condone this kind of behavior......Right.........

Wonder how many 100's of international hunters go to Zimbabwe and have a great, successful hunt, follow the rules and have nothing but great memories , super trophies and photos to share and all without incident?

Agreed 100%.

However this is not hunting in America. This is hunting in Africa. Hunters don't buy a license at Joe's sporting goods, mail in a check to the African government for a lion tag. Everything is handled by your professional licensed hunter. The African governments are known for their corruption. Zimbabwe has taken away land which was homesteaded by generation and then given it to the less fortunate. "Income redistribution" It would not be beyond them to issue a permit in April then call it illegal in July. Remember Zimbabwe can make up or change the rules as they go.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/...-birthday-bash/ Read the last quote from Mugabe....

Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5861046 08/03/15 04:33 PM
L
LuckyHunter Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
L

Last edited by SheepHunter; 08/03/15 04:45 PM.
Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5861064 08/03/15 04:46 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W

Agreed 100%.

However this is not hunting in America. This is hunting in Africa. Hunters don't apply for tags. Buy a license at Joe's sporting goods, mail in a check to the African government for a lion tag. Everything is handled by your professional licensed hunter. The African governments are known for their corruption. Zimbabwe has taken away land which was homesteaded by generation and then given it to the less fortunate. "Income redistribution" It would not be beyond them to issue a permit in April then call it illegal in July. Remember Zimbabwe can make up or change the rules as they go.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/...-birthday-bash/ Read the last quote from Mugabe....

I'll take yours and BOBOs word for it, I have "0" experience hunting another continent. That said, until I pulled the trigger there, I'd sure makes sure (to the best of my abilities) that the PH is a reputable outfit. If I go there to hunt, hopefully I have done my due diligent, research what was needed and confirmed that has been met.

As I mentioned earlier, 100's of fellas, families go there each year and have no problem. (again, I am assuming that, based on the stories and photos I see)

Only true reference I have is one friend that hunts international more than domestically anymore, he has even hunted the mountains that the Taliban call home, he tells me you best have your ducks in a row, dot your "I's" and cross your "T's) as far as permits and regs. His biggest complaint is the airlines! grin

Last edited by Western; 08/03/15 04:47 PM. Reason: wrong word

Dennis

Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: Western] #5861168 08/03/15 05:52 PM
L
LuckyHunter Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
L

Agreed 100%.

However this is not hunting in America. This is hunting in Africa. Hunters don't apply for tags. Buy a license at Joe's sporting goods, mail in a check to the African government for a lion tag. Everything is handled by your professional licensed hunter. The African governments are known for their corruption. Zimbabwe has taken away land which was homesteaded by generation and then given it to the less fortunate. "Income redistribution" It would not be beyond them to issue a permit in April then call it illegal in July. Remember Zimbabwe can make up or change the rules as they go.

I'll take yours and BOBOs word for it, I have "0" experience hunting another continent. That said, until I pulled the trigger there, I'd sure makes sure (to the best of my abilities) that the PH is a reputable outfit. If I go there to hunt, hopefully I have done my due diligent, research what was needed and confirmed that has been met.

As I mentioned earlier, 100's of fellas, families go there each year and have no problem. (again, I am assuming that, based on the stories and photos I see)

Only true reference I have is one friend that hunts international more than domestically anymore, he has even hunted the mountains that the Taliban call home, he tells me you best have your ducks in a row, dot your "I's" and cross your "T's) as far as permits and regs. His biggest complaint is the airlines! grin

I agree I do my homework and I am one of those 100's of fellas. Let's say you did your due diligence and several months later the Zimbabwe Government said you were a poacher on foreign land. Then the media took this and plastered your good name on every news outlet throughout the World. Now what.... Even your friend knew hunting the mountains the Taliban call's home has risk that crossing a "T" and dotting an "I" could not prevent. aim Because your ducks in a row could become a shooting gallery. Hunting is enjoyed world wide ... and what better way to bring it down than world wide gossip.

Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5861198 08/03/15 06:16 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
I agree, It would be hard to follow the rules when they change, but I believe their hunting tourism would severely suffer if they start a "campaign" against hunters.

Seems this "Cecil" thing snowballed and got more legs when it came out he had prior wildlife violations, paints us all as greedy, animal mongers. That is what offends me the most, we all get labeled by the doings of a few.

I know my bud had to pay "extra monies" to hunt those Afghani and Pakistan Mntns.

Dennis

Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5861211 08/03/15 06:21 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
bang another post done gone missing flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5861258 08/03/15 06:45 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
If I name my neighbor's ducks Cecilia and tempt them to my ponds with corn and maize and sneak down on moonless nights and kill them with a pellet gun, am I ok because someone does that south of the Rio Grand? What if I buy a canned kill in Indiana? Fellow sends me photo of lion he has bought off Craigs List, claims it has marauded his chicken pen? He could kill it but why if he can get someone to pay for the pleasure. I'm all for killing creatures. We set a great example talking about gut shooting Miss Piggy and leaving her to die. Even the THF Photo section says "Please show respect to the animals you harvest".

This Palmer fellow reminds me of BP and their wild well in the Gulf. Bunch of companies trying to do a decent job of drilling and protecting the environment, and they knew BP was trying to coverup the facts just like Palmer....

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: Western] #5861274 08/03/15 06:56 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
I agree, It would be hard to follow the rules when they change, but I believe their hunting tourism would severely suffer if they start a "campaign" against hunters.

Seems this "Cecil" thing snowballed and got more legs when it came out he had prior wildlife violations, paints us all as greedy, animal mongers. That is what offends me the most, we all get labeled by the doings of a few.

I know my bud had to pay "extra monies" to hunt those Afghani and Pakistan Mntns.

I just refuse to immediately hang a fellow Hunter based off liberal media reports talking about illegal hunting in a third world country. Especially when it's very fishing being it's an outfitted hunt and story comes out he has a permit but it's illegal because it's collared then because the lion lived on the perserve park and then it's because he used a bow, then it's the not on a quota'ed farm and now Outfitters says everything was a 100% legal etc.

I also won't be like some on here and talk out my [censored] calling game animals that have lived on a National park as tame. Ironically the same type animals that kill for food...and same type animals that have killed people recently. I just find it in very poor taste. Unfortantly it's seems the common theme of those that think their way or the hwy.. If they wouldn't hunt it or spend the money to no one else should and feel the need to demean the practice or style hunting. Then they try to sugar coat it, by calling it in defense of hunting...

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5861302 08/03/15 07:13 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
BOBO, I agree. I think the problem is partly some folks comment without reading prior post/links, or based solely on agenda. In this deal, I think the media drove much of it and antis found an easy "tweet" for the day.

BTW, I personally don't ignore left leaning media if they are reporting the truth using facts (that's the kicker). I do, for face value, believe what the Zimbabwe guvment spokesman said when gave the nuts and bolts of it in the few news conferences they had. I think the lame-stream media took what little info they had and "made" the story.

Dennis

Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: Western] #5861384 08/03/15 07:49 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
BOBO, I agree. I think the problem is partly some folks comment without reading prior post/links, or based solely on agenda. In this deal, I think the media drove much of it and antis found an easy "tweet" for the day.

BTW, I personally don't ignore left leaning media if they are reporting the truth using facts (that's the kicker). I do, for face value, believe what the Zimbabwe guvment spokesman said when gave the nuts and bolts of it in the few news conferences they had. I think the lame-stream media took what little info they had and "made" the story.

Completely agree.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5861449 08/03/15 08:13 PM
FOsteology Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
The government is “directing all those in currently in the field to stop their hunting activities and withdraw,” Zimbabwean Environment Secretary Prince Mupazviriho said in an e-mailed statement today.

Zimbabwe Orders All Hunters to ‘Withdraw’ After Killing of Cecil

Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: FOsteology] #5861473 08/03/15 08:27 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: FOsteology
The government is “directing all those in currently in the field to stop their hunting activities and withdraw,” Zimbabwean Environment Secretary Prince Mupazviriho said in an e-mailed statement today.

Well crap, this is getting completely out of hand. Lots of good folks are going to get hurt financially because of some very suspect hunting ethics of a few and then by the power the world has given the uneducated, hysterical masses. Delta is banning certain (legal) trophies in their shipments. Thank you Internet.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: blackcoal] #5861483 08/03/15 08:32 PM
L
LuckyHunter Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: blackcoal
If I name my neighbor's ducks Cecilia and tempt them to my ponds with corn and maize and sneak down on moonless nights and kill them with a pellet gun, am I ok because someone does that south of the Rio Grand? What if I buy a canned kill in Indiana? Fellow sends me photo of lion he has bought off Craigs List, claims it has marauded his chicken pen? He could kill it but why if he can get someone to pay for the pleasure. I'm all for killing creatures. We set a great example talking about gut shooting Miss Piggy and leaving her to die. Even the THF Photo section says "Please show respect to the animals you harvest".

This Palmer fellow reminds me of BP and their wild well in the Gulf. Bunch of companies trying to do a decent job of drilling and protecting the environment, and they knew BP was trying to coverup the facts just like Palmer....

This post was not about Palmer... read/click original post... It now appears Zimbabwe got what it wanted with the media... blame the hunters not the government.... sound familiar .... and we are falling for it.... sheep to slaughter

Last edited by SheepHunter; 08/03/15 08:34 PM.
Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: Creekrunner] #5861494 08/03/15 08:40 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Originally Posted By: FOsteology

Well crap, this is getting completely out of hand. Lots of good folks are going to get hurt financially because of some very suspect hunting ethics of a few and then by the power the world has given the uneducated, hysterical masses. Delta is banning certain (legal) trophies in their shipments. Thank you Internet.

Good post CR, agree 100% and screw Delta, they suck anyway if you compare ratings.

Dennis

Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5861511 08/03/15 08:46 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
There are a lot of Zimbabwe PHs out working their butts off right now. This will hit them hard when they find out, if it's true. I can only find the story on the Bloomberg site (as in Michael Bloomberg mad ) and one other questionable looking "news" site. I know they'd suspended hunting right around the outside of Hwange Park, where Cecil was killed, but I can't believe they'd really be that stupid, even for Zimbabwe, to stop all hunting immediately. Can't believe Mugabe would give us white devils in America that much power.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5861515 08/03/15 08:47 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Sheephunter, I have no doubt this incident has sent waves through the echelon that pay for these hunts, or at least they have been put on notice. Hunters probably spend millions to hunt there cumulatively. I doubt they will forget this type of treatment if it isn't on the level for a long time, to many other places to spend a travelers check.

Who would be the group to call them out? or could this be damage control poorly done by Zimbabwe? Safari Club International probably wont say anything, they where quick to remove the Dentist from membership..

Dennis

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide