Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Son of a... [Re: LarryCopper] #5864399 08/05/15 04:25 PM
M
MoBettaHuntR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
22 is 22 not a kid. It is a learning opportunity if he is a new to hunting but the dad has the responsibility and not the youngish man. You can be nice and sweet about it because you don't want him to feel bad but that only leads to what we have already a generation of entitled uneducated brats. You aren't doing kids a favor by being nice to them all the time as parents.

Its not that he shot just one deer, the dad ignored the management practices for the property so his son could have fun. Doesn't matter what anyone elses management practice condones or doesn't. There was a management practice in place for the property and the other hunters all follow it. He let his son break it. What does that teach a "kid" at 22 if he's getting away with crap like that he's been doing and will keep doing it. Taking advantage of his dads kindness and getting what he wants. Leading to more entitledness*and brattiness*. Im sorry but people these days let their kids walk all over them because being nice is easier. It will make for a world full of selfish entitled turds.

-Those who say money can't buy happiness never bought a dog.

Re: Son of a... [Re: LarryCopper] #5864446 08/05/15 04:57 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
I think some may be getting a bit carried away... its a deer... this is not the end of the world... the herd has not been affected by this deer being shot...

If there are rules about this on the lease then yes talk to them and let them know what needs to happen to change the matter... if they don't like that part of it then if your in charge let them go from the lease if your not then well not much to be done than an argument.. that's just my thinking...

Re: Son of a... [Re: Navasot] #5864470 08/05/15 05:17 PM
W
whitewing maniac Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted By: Navasot
I think some may be getting a bit carried away... its a deer... this is not the end of the world... the herd has not been affected by this deer being shot...

If there are rules about this on the lease then yes talk to them and let them know what needs to happen to change the matter... if they don't like that part of it then if your in charge let them go from the lease if your not then well not much to be done than an argument.. that's just my thinking...

This^^^^^^.

Re: Son of a... [Re: LarryCopper] #5864590 08/05/15 06:29 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Throw the kid and his old man off the lease. Also file a civil suit against them for taking an animal they did not have permission for.

Re: Son of a... [Re: whitewing maniac] #5864597 08/05/15 06:37 PM
F
Frio County Hunts Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
Originally Posted By: whitewing maniac
Originally Posted By: Navasot

This^^^^^^.

X3 - You are spot on here.

Also, I find it funny that everyone judges this guy's generation off of this paticular hunter. Sure, every generation has losers but don't throw everyone under the bus. If you have some doubts the maybe you should go to a nearby military base and let some of them know your thoughts. I just couldn't hold my tongue any longer. *rant over*

Re: Son of a... [Re: LarryCopper] #5864741 08/05/15 08:13 PM
C
cyberpyrot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
I see a future WMA or public land hunter.. This is why I don't lease I dont give a rats [censored] about hanging some horns on my wall I love the experience as well as the meat. When my grandson come of age I will teach him to love every animal not just go for all the giants. Me personally I would be happy with spikes, Does and Hogs I wish I could find a lease like that and banned size queens.

I'm a terrible shot but I follow up with a grenade!
Re: Son of a... [Re: LarryCopper] #5866142 08/06/15 05:07 PM
J
JimmyFord Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
Larry, I was wondering if a rant on a forum about a 4 point buck, which may or may not be a “cull / inferior” buck, which may or may not have been a mistake, is worth jeopardizing your future on the lease. Of course if you are the managing hunter on the lease, there would be no issue.

Re: Son of a... [Re: LarryCopper] #5866261 08/06/15 06:14 PM
C
cyberpyrot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Well if there is ever an opening keep me in mind I don't even shoot trophies I just hunt for meat and the excitement of hunt itself laugh

I'm a terrible shot but I follow up with a grenade!
Re: Son of a... [Re: JimmyFord] #5866274 08/06/15 06:20 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: JimmyFord
Larry, I was wondering if a rant on a forum about a 4 point buck, which may or may not be a “cull / inferior” buck, which may or may not have been a mistake, is worth jeopardizing your future on the lease. Of course if you are the managing hunter on the lease, there would be no issue.

lol I mean its definitely a very young 4point.. no may or may not...the guy shot a deer that didn't fit the guidelines and nothing wrong with a rant.. this needs to be discussed and get everyone on the same page.. if they knew it and knew better but still did it anyway then id be plenty upset too

Re: Son of a... [Re: LarryCopper] #5866672 08/06/15 09:41 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Is jimmy the daddy or the boy that done slew bambi popcorn

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Son of a... [Re: LarryCopper] #5866782 08/06/15 10:42 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Hang them all. Get them out of the gene pool.

Re: Son of a... [Re: redchevy] #5867933 08/07/15 04:46 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: redchevy
Is jimmy the daddy or the boy that done slew bambi popcorn

Re: Son of a... [Re: JimmyFord] #5868115 08/07/15 06:31 PM
L
LarryCopper Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted By: JimmyFord

No, it wasn't "maybe" a mistake. With all the old spikes running around out there it WAS a mistake - clearly against what we agreed upon as a cull.

I'm a big boy. And very calculated. I'm not going to jeopardize anything I'm not willing to lose.

The only question is, what to do about it. I already said I'm just gonna take the high road and educate the kid (and his old man), not gonna take it to the land owner and try to get anyone kicked off. Part of that decision came from the feedback of this forum. So this isn't a rant, simply getting all view points.

Re: Son of a... [Re: LarryCopper] #5868196 08/07/15 07:31 PM
HuntingTexas Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Note to self ........ self? Don't ever use your name as your forum screen name.

" In God We Trust "

Re: Son of a... [Re: HuntingTexas] #5868267 08/07/15 08:41 PM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
I once hunted as a guest on a lease that had two brothers on it. One a long time friend. The other a man who had never deer hunted before. The lease had no written management rule and was a mason/llano small acreage,small deer, high deer density property. It was around the rut, so I offered to do some rattling. I had one man to my right and one to my left each just in sight. When I stopped, each was to go forward 50 yards and stop. . I would rattle and grunt for a few, then we would move forward and repeat. The new hunter shot the first buck rattled in. It charged right in front of him headed to me. The way we were hunting, there was no mentor at his side. I walked up first and he was so excited, so happy, glowing. I saw the deer a 6 point and thought oh no.. but I was happy that he was happy so I joined in his celebration and congratulated him. The brother walked up, saw the deer and lit into his brother. A major buzz kill moment. He kept it up the rest of the trip. As the guest I said nothing. The new hunter was quiet the rest of the trip. I doubt the brother has ever hunted again. IMO My friend's short lived trophy hunting views were unrealistic for the funds we had and the places he could hunt. The post kill moment that day with the brothers was a sad experience to witness. Because of it, If I managed a property, I would have a rule that any first time deer hunter could take any legal deer as his/her first Deer. It would be a better experience not to have to worry about aproval or being judged. Sometimes we should focus on the experience, not the trophy. I know my current lease partners would agree. Finding a lease with like minds is the key.

Re: Son of a... [Re: LarryCopper] #5868573 08/08/15 12:25 AM
T
TEXAN1970 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
let a kid shoot a deer

Re: Son of a... [Re: LarryCopper] #5868693 08/08/15 01:54 AM
D
DHS274 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
So I am to understand this kid is being tight that weapons and hunting are a place for fun and games, and dressing up...and there is a surprise he shot a young deer. Lucky he did not shoot himself, firearm safety seems to be forgotten, muzzle away young fella. Bad kill IMO, but based on other factors in the photo not surprised. My ole man would knocked that crap off my head and face, hunting is a time to have fun but taken serious.

Re: Son of a... [Re: DHS274] #5868929 08/08/15 05:48 AM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: DHS274
So I am to understand this kid is being tight that weapons and hunting are a place for fun and games, and dressing up...and there is a surprise he shot a young deer. Lucky he did not shoot himself, firearm safety seems to be forgotten, muzzle away young fella. Bad kill IMO, but based on other factors in the photo not surprised. My ole man would knocked that crap off my head and face, hunting is a time to have fun but taken serious.

Oh yeah you are correct. We all need to take deer hunting super serious and wear gillie suits and absolutely nothing that can be taken as not serious. rolleyes

Come on people. We've got guys in here saying he was hunting with a machine gun, he's not serious enough and can't wear a goofy hat, that he's grinning in the photo because he's worthless and his parents give him everything, that his whole generation is worthless because that kid shot a little deer.

Some of yall are some sad individuals. Yeah he might have shot a small deer that wasn't the cull the landowner wanted. How the hell that morphed into the crap some of yall posted is ridiculous.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide