Forum Stats
60502 Members
45 Forums
476397 Topics
6249666 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#5860533 - 08/03/15 12:19 AM Cecil Lion # 2...
SheepHunter Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: East Texas
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/Zimbabwe-names-second-american-lion-killer-n402776

Who's next...

Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd that a few weeks after the President visits Africa the corrupt government of Zimbabwe begins a war against hunters.

I believe we better circle the wagons and unite. First stay away from Zimbabwe.

Edited by SheepHunter (08/03/15 12:40 AM)

#5860548 - 08/03/15 01:49 AM Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: SheepHunter]
Western Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wise County Texas
Yeah, if you're going to Zimbabwe, better have permits and follow the law, seems they don't like poaching rolleyes

The first 5 day's after the weekend, are the hardest....

Dennis

#5860556 - 08/03/15 02:18 AM Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: SheepHunter]
Nogalus Prairie Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Corsicana
Lol.

#5860743 - 08/03/15 08:57 AM Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: SheepHunter]
SheepHunter Offline
Pro Tracker

Hunter : Tried and convicted by Western and NP. Jury of peers from the Hunting Community.LOL

#5860745 - 08/03/15 08:59 AM Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: SheepHunter]
rifleman Online   crying
Sparkly Pants

Loc: Kingwood
I don't see the collar on Jericho.

#5860775 - 08/03/15 09:14 AM Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: SheepHunter]
Nogalus Prairie Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Corsicana
Originally Posted By: SheepHunter
Hunter : Tried and convicted by Western and NP. Jury of peers from the Hunting Community.LOL

I haven't convicted anybody.

I don't feel the need to twist myself into a pretzel defending convicted felon poachers and/or accused poachers just because they kill chit though. As some apparently do.

Hunting is more than making something die. There are standards, rules, zen involved (as in, a way to go about the endeavor that makes it something worthy).

Apparently this is fast becoming lost among the "checklist" crowd.

Edited by Nogalus Prairie (08/03/15 09:17 AM)

#5860784 - 08/03/15 09:21 AM Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: SheepHunter]
Western Online   content
THF Celebrity

Sheephunter, would be best for our hunting community to call a "spade a spade". I don't like it any more than you do and if I had the means and want to hunt Zimbabwe, I would. I would just try to follow the rules, I sure wouldn't hunt without the proper permits in an area that is off limits!

I'm thinking you wouldn't either (hunt illegally)....Or condone this kind of behavior......Right.........

Wonder how many 100's of international hunters go to Zimbabwe and have a great, successful hunt, follow the rules and have nothing but great memories , super trophies and photos to share and all without incident?

Dennis

#5860800 - 08/03/15 09:32 AM Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: SheepHunter]
SniperRAB Offline
GRAMPS!!!

Loc: Nurturing Biosphere Mothership
roflmao

#5860827 - 08/03/15 09:45 AM Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: Nogalus Prairie]
SheepHunter Offline
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

I haven't convicted anybody.

I don't feel the need to twist myself into a pretzel defending convicted felon poachers and/or accused poachers just because they kill chit though. As some apparently do.

Hunting is more than making something die. There are standards, rules, zen involved (as in, a way to go about the endeavor that makes it something worthy).

Apparently this is fast becoming lost among the "checklist" crowd.

Dall Sheep, Desert Sheep ... grand slam is a check list. So don't give me that bs

No one on here supports poaching. 23 lions tagged within the park have been killed outside the park. You know "free range". The Zimbabwe Government can easily issue a legal permit in April and then call it illegal 4 months later. You know it's called "Government corruption". Then again you choose to trust the word of the Zimbabwe government who serves baby elephant for a Birthday Bash. www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/...-birthday-bash/ over a fellow hunter. By the way African hunters don't draw tags or buy tags over the counter in Africa, They don't even go by Walmart and buy a hunting license. Your outfitter takes care of everything for you. Remember Dorothy this isn't Kansas anymore.

Knock ,Knock who is it, It's the Zimbabwe Government and NP we are here to help. Now that's funny

I agree if he's truly guilty then suffer the wrath... but until I see the true facts I'll withhold judgement.

The Mugabe screed continued: The United States “can’t have it both ways. … They can’t say ‘allow our people to visit, allow our people to have safaris,’ to kill our lions and take safari trophies to America.”

#5860857 - 08/03/15 09:59 AM Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: Western]
SheepHunter Offline
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: Western

Sheephunter, would be best for our hunting community to call a "spade a spade". I don't like it any more than you do and if I had the means and want to hunt Zimbabwe, I would. I would just try to follow the rules, I sure wouldn't hunt without the proper permits in an area that is off limits!

I'm thinking you wouldn't either (hunt illegally)....Or condone this kind of behavior......Right.........

Wonder how many 100's of international hunters go to Zimbabwe and have a great, successful hunt, follow the rules and have nothing but great memories , super trophies and photos to share and all without incident?

Agreed 100%.

However this is not hunting in America. This is hunting in Africa. Hunters don't buy a license at Joe's sporting goods, mail in a check to the African government for a lion tag. Everything is handled by your professional licensed hunter. The African governments are known for their corruption. Zimbabwe has taken away land which was homesteaded by generation and then given it to the less fortunate. "Income redistribution" It would not be beyond them to issue a permit in April then call it illegal in July. Remember Zimbabwe can make up or change the rules as they go.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/...-birthday-bash/ Read the last quote from Mugabe....

#5861046 - 08/03/15 11:33 AM Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: SheepHunter]
SheepHunter Offline
Pro Tracker

Edited by SheepHunter (08/03/15 11:45 AM)

#5861064 - 08/03/15 11:46 AM Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: SheepHunter]
Western Online   content
THF Celebrity

Agreed 100%.

However this is not hunting in America. This is hunting in Africa. Hunters don't apply for tags. Buy a license at Joe's sporting goods, mail in a check to the African government for a lion tag. Everything is handled by your professional licensed hunter. The African governments are known for their corruption. Zimbabwe has taken away land which was homesteaded by generation and then given it to the less fortunate. "Income redistribution" It would not be beyond them to issue a permit in April then call it illegal in July. Remember Zimbabwe can make up or change the rules as they go.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/...-birthday-bash/ Read the last quote from Mugabe....

I'll take yours and BOBOs word for it, I have "0" experience hunting another continent. That said, until I pulled the trigger there, I'd sure makes sure (to the best of my abilities) that the PH is a reputable outfit. If I go there to hunt, hopefully I have done my due diligent, research what was needed and confirmed that has been met.

As I mentioned earlier, 100's of fellas, families go there each year and have no problem. (again, I am assuming that, based on the stories and photos I see)

Only true reference I have is one friend that hunts international more than domestically anymore, he has even hunted the mountains that the Taliban call home, he tells me you best have your ducks in a row, dot your "I's" and cross your "T's) as far as permits and regs. His biggest complaint is the airlines! grin

Edited by Western (08/03/15 11:47 AM)
Edit Reason: wrong word

Dennis

#5861168 - 08/03/15 12:52 PM Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: Western]
SheepHunter Offline
Pro Tracker

Agreed 100%.

However this is not hunting in America. This is hunting in Africa. Hunters don't apply for tags. Buy a license at Joe's sporting goods, mail in a check to the African government for a lion tag. Everything is handled by your professional licensed hunter. The African governments are known for their corruption. Zimbabwe has taken away land which was homesteaded by generation and then given it to the less fortunate. "Income redistribution" It would not be beyond them to issue a permit in April then call it illegal in July. Remember Zimbabwe can make up or change the rules as they go.

I'll take yours and BOBOs word for it, I have "0" experience hunting another continent. That said, until I pulled the trigger there, I'd sure makes sure (to the best of my abilities) that the PH is a reputable outfit. If I go there to hunt, hopefully I have done my due diligent, research what was needed and confirmed that has been met.

As I mentioned earlier, 100's of fellas, families go there each year and have no problem. (again, I am assuming that, based on the stories and photos I see)

Only true reference I have is one friend that hunts international more than domestically anymore, he has even hunted the mountains that the Taliban call home, he tells me you best have your ducks in a row, dot your "I's" and cross your "T's) as far as permits and regs. His biggest complaint is the airlines! grin

I agree I do my homework and I am one of those 100's of fellas. Let's say you did your due diligence and several months later the Zimbabwe Government said you were a poacher on foreign land. Then the media took this and plastered your good name on every news outlet throughout the World. Now what.... Even your friend knew hunting the mountains the Taliban call's home has risk that crossing a "T" and dotting an "I" could not prevent. aim Because your ducks in a row could become a shooting gallery. Hunting is enjoyed world wide ... and what better way to bring it down than world wide gossip.

#5861198 - 08/03/15 01:16 PM Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: SheepHunter]
Western Online   content
THF Celebrity

I agree, It would be hard to follow the rules when they change, but I believe their hunting tourism would severely suffer if they start a "campaign" against hunters.

Seems this "Cecil" thing snowballed and got more legs when it came out he had prior wildlife violations, paints us all as greedy, animal mongers. That is what offends me the most, we all get labeled by the doings of a few.

I know my bud had to pay "extra monies" to hunt those Afghani and Pakistan Mntns.

Dennis

#5861211 - 08/03/15 01:21 PM Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: SheepHunter]
colt.45 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: wondering about the woods
bang another post done gone missing flag

i'm postaddic

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide