Forums46
Topics537,928
Posts9,730,796
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: 7ARanch] #5863390 08/04/15 10:59 PM
P
passthru Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: 7ARanch
I've had the GW at my place one time but I was in town at the time so I missed him. He left a note written on the cover of a the almanac saying to call him and noted several pages he thought were applicable. I didn't see the note for over a month since it blended in with the artwork on the cover. Once I noticed it I did look at the pages and it was about processing deer and log books on a lease etc. None of it applies to me since I own the land, I know because I wrote and asked Fish and Game and got it clarified. Point is he went all through my barn, coolers, freezer etc when no one was there. I did not like that at all, never called him and have never seen or heard from him since but it is all locked up if I go to town now.

Sounds pretty chicken spit to me. I would have been on the phone to the director, my state rep and whomever else I could complain to. And I would have called him. Several names actually.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5863542 08/05/15 12:47 AM
nak Online Sleepy
Veteran Tracker
Online Sleepy
Veteran Tracker
The game warden in my area stops by any time she sees me... and I welcome the visits. She actively watches for poaches in the area and has my cell number. She has the names of the only folks with permission to hunt my property.

Most important... If my truck is there, but I'm not at the cabin, she knows I'm hunting and does not drive back into the property. I find a business card tucked in the screen door, and I call her back

Very Cool
She should run for president

We all need to practice Whoa more.
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5863568 08/05/15 12:59 AM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I can remember hunting the core land at Lake O the Pines for deer in the mornings. I hunted right by the water and the game wardens would be ridin blind to blind Quacking their duck calls between each blind, and all of this was taking place right at prime time. Those two were some real a sjacks. One of those GWs got fired for ruffing up a guy in a jail cell that he just arrested. Man that guy was a real D. They never saw me on the banks huntin deer. They were too interested in the duck hunters.

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5868463 08/07/15 11:22 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I got the inside scoop on the Upshur county commissioner and his son going to jail for holding up a Upshur county game warden on their property. The guy said that the GW was off duty and rolled up on the private property in camo and on a 4 wheeler. He approached the son and they got into an argument about the unknown GW in camo on a 4 wheeler being there. The son called the dad and the dad came down and saw the GW holding the son at gun point. The dad pulled a rifle on the GW and the GW put his pistol down. The dad called the sheriff and waited for the law to arrive. The dad and the son were arrested for aggravated assault on a public servant. The GW quit working that county after that. Now if you pull this up on the web, it tells a different story. Which one is true I don't know, but I do know that the GW quit working that county.

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: REALKILLER] #5869174 08/08/15 03:48 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: REALKILLER
I got the inside scoop on the Upshur county commissioner and his son going to jail for holding up a Upshur county game warden on their property. The guy said that the GW was off duty and rolled up on the private property in camo and on a 4 wheeler. He approached the son and they got into an argument about the unknown GW in camo on a 4 wheeler being there. The son called the dad and the dad came down and saw the GW holding the son at gun point. The dad pulled a rifle on the GW and the GW put his pistol down. The dad called the sheriff and waited for the law to arrive. The dad and the son were arrested for aggravated assault on a public servant. The GW quit working that county after that. Now if you pull this up on the web, it tells a different story. Which one is true I don't know, but I do know that the GW quit working that county.

From what I've read, that version came from the commissioner's father who wasn't there, and he presumably got it from the commissioner and his son. The defendant's story through a third party isn't exactly the inside scoop. Like you, I don't know what the full true story is, but I think the fact the commissioner pled guilty to a felony says something.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: wisco-hunter] #5869940 08/09/15 03:08 AM
L
leswad Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: wisco-hunter
Nice to see some states still enforce our Constitutional Rights

+1

[Linked Image]

FJB
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5870202 08/09/15 01:36 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I got it from Comishes cuz, and another person that I know that is in politics said that the comish was always hard to get along with up at the office. I figure things got sideways pretty quick between the two parties.

Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5870203 08/09/15 01:37 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
They can do their duty without interrupting the finest hour of hunting we will have all season! Birds were flying overhead like crazy the whole time. And it only lasts 1 1/2 - 2 hours.

LOL, it is the finest hour for them as well, at least for dove season.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5870221 08/09/15 01:50 PM
H
Hogman4127 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
The best stories start out as:
Heard this from a friend
I have the inside scoop
My brother's neighbor's cousin's lawn man told him

Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5871402 08/10/15 03:39 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
There is a fine line between enforcing the law, checking licenses and interrupting hunters and fishermen. I don't have the answer, but some discretion should be used. I also don't think that, if the poster's story is true, entering someone's property, searching it and leaving a note in an inconspicuous place, falls within the right end of enforcement. No one was there and there was no reason, according to the poster, to suspect anything, or anyway to check licenses, etc, so that's absurd.

And, I don't think anyone is saying all wardens are bad, but many times, a group is only as strong as its weakest link. This is why the Chris Fried situation, and other instances of wardens seemingly crossing the line, are so important for the whole game warden profession. They carry more legal leeway and that comes with a lot of responsibility.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5871806 08/10/15 04:05 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I had a note that said call me with a number on a pop up blind down in the river bottoms one time. I never use blinds for my personal hunts, but I set it up for my kid seeing how he has problems sitting still. I never called the number and never saw anybody. I had permission to hunt there and if you want to see me you better get off your a s and do it. My wife killed a big 8 point while sitting on a piece of equipment out there. I tried to get her to sit in the blind with us, but she refused and said she liked the field with the dozer. The buck had walked by that dozier so many times that he never even thought about looking for a human on it. She shot him at 40 yards. The land owners buddy found out about her killing the big buck and got jelous. He went out there and took all of our stuff down and put up all kinds of hunting crap up. We quit hunting out there. I go hunting to get away from retards. Never new if it was him or a GW that put that note on that blind, but if they wanted to come out and mess with me well, Hey I guess that's just some peoples nature, but not mine.

Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: REALKILLER] #5871974 08/10/15 06:02 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by REALKILLER
I had a note that said call me with a number on a pop up blind down in the river bottoms one time. I never use blinds for my personal hunts, but I set it up for my kid seeing how he has problems sitting still. I never called the number and never saw anybody. I had permission to hunt there and if you want to see me you better get off your a s and do it. My wife killed a big 8 point while sitting on a piece of equipment out there. I tried to get her to sit in the blind with us, but she refused and said she liked the field with the dozer. The buck had walked by that dozier so many times that he never even thought about looking for a human on it. She shot him at 40 yards. The land owners buddy found out about her killing the big buck and got jelous. He went out there and took all of our stuff down and put up all kinds of hunting crap up. We quit hunting out there. I go hunting to get away from retards. Never new if it was him or a GW that put that note on that blind, but if they wanted to come out and mess with me well, Hey I guess that's just some peoples nature, but not mine.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide