Forums46
Topics537,021
Posts9,719,477
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5856835 07/31/15 03:03 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Really though I don't see it working out for them... whats the big deal about showing someone your license?

Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Navasot] #5856870 07/31/15 03:22 PM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Online Content
Bird Herder
Online Content
Bird Herder
Originally Posted By: Navasot
Really though I don't see it working out for them... whats the big deal about showing someone your license?

I look at it the same way I do tags and inspection for a car, or even insurance. If it isn't being checked, too many will try to sneak by without getting it. I get checked at least 2-3 times a year on Cedar Creek Lake, there are a couple of GW's that know me and pretty much wave us off once they see who it is but I am always in compliance and those two know it. Every time I talk to them, I tell them that I am glad they are out checking people and that they are not bothering me a bit, their presence keeps some of the idiots in check. If CC didn't have the GW's and Lake patrols, it would be an absolute mess.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Navasot] #5856919 07/31/15 03:55 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

rofl

It's the Man Man roflmao

Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5857847 08/01/15 02:18 AM
B
breadman Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
good point !!

Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: SniperRAB] #5857901 08/01/15 02:39 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: SniperRAB

rofl

It's the Man Man roflmao

That's right, man.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5857969 08/01/15 03:13 AM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Problem is when the LEO, whoever and whatever, gets a personal vendetta against some type or class of people. And incidents of this are being reported more every day.

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5858194 08/01/15 12:40 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
True ninja

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: txshntr] #5858401 08/01/15 04:21 PM
B
BigPig Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: txshntr
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
It's about time the Constitution was put before game laws, where it belongs.

At what point does it become unreasonable? A tip from someone, can they check your deer if it is hanging, should they not even be allowed on your land, road blocks....where is the defining line? If they can't check you, can't enter your property, can't check your live well, can't check your license, how effective will they actually be?

I have never had an issue with a GW checking my license and never had an issue with showing my DL to an officer. I haven't ever read in the constitution where I have a right as an American to drive or hunt.

clap

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5858419 08/01/15 04:35 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Do you believe your authority should overstep the boundaries of the Constitution?

Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5858433 08/01/15 04:46 PM
Mathp Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I had a group of lifelong friends hunting dove at the ranch on opening morning a couple of years ago, and the game warden appeared in the field at first light and started checking everyone for license and plug while the first wave of dove hit the field.

I understand it is their right but really? They can do their duty without interrupting the finest hour of hunting we will have all season! Birds were flying overhead like crazy the whole time. And it only lasts 1 1/2 - 2 hours. On top of it all the GW asked my friend "why is the "old guy" so upset?

https://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj570/mathp/9542e851.jpgIMG]http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj570/mathp/LlanoBucksdownsized_zps6632cebe.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5858535 08/01/15 06:39 PM
Ramsey Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
What was the new Texas amendment going in place about hunting and fishing?

it is up for vote in November, which will guarantee the citizens of Texas the right to hunt and fish in the Texas Constitution.

Big Beckett!!
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5858550 08/01/15 06:57 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I just think it's bs.

I don't think you can't compare a normal police officer's authority with a wardens. A police officer can't see a car sitting in my driveway and search my residence because I have a car there. A game warden can search your land if he sees a deer stand.

I don't have an issue with a warden showing up at camp mid day and doing a license/game check. I do have an issue with him/her showing up at sun up opening day in my duck blind ruining the first thirty minutes of shooting light. I've also had one run my DL and come back and tell me there was a warrant for me in a Texas town I had never been to. It took him a few minutes to sort it out. I'm really glad he decided to double check.

There are way too many things about their supposed authority I have issues with. But the facts of the environment and type of violators they have to look for and deal with need certain liberties to act on and interdict so . . . I don't have the answers.

The biggest thing too many of them need to do is leave the attitude in their pocket until they are given an attitude by the person they are talking to. Because with me, being accusatory and trying to intimidate only makes me defensive and uncooperative.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Ramsey] #5858560 08/01/15 07:07 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Ramsey

it is up for vote in November, which will guarantee the citizens of Texas the right to hunt and fish in the Texas Constitution.

So does that eliminate license check abilities here.........

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5858562 08/01/15 07:08 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Passthru I didn't figure you as a rebel. Man the things you learn. Hey, I feel the same way. up

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5858672 08/01/15 08:32 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
GWs have been given very broad authority to do things outside the norm of other types of law enforcement under the guise of "inspection authority". It has always bothered me that GWs can just come onto my place and start nosing around just because game animals are present (basically the law now). Not surprising there is starting to be some pushback on this in the current climate.

Only the U.S. Supreme Court can ultimately sort it all out. There will be a lot of conflicting lower court decisions and wrangling in the meantime.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5858734 08/01/15 09:30 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Let's all rally around GW Fried.

Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: REALKILLER] #5858749 08/01/15 09:47 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: REALKILLER
Passthru I didn't figure you as a rebel. Man the things you learn. Hey, I feel the same way. up

I'm kind of a stickler about structure and doing what's right. Just sometimes my view of what is right may not line up with our big government.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5860034 08/02/15 09:42 PM
nak Online Sleepy
Veteran Tracker
Online Sleepy
Veteran Tracker
I'm with Mathp...the can check all they want, just not when the dove are flying like crazy or in the first hour/last hour of deer hunting.

We all need to practice Whoa more.
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5860180 08/03/15 12:13 AM
S
Shawheel Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
I'm not sure where I fall on this one. I get the whole idea of probable cause, but a hunter hunting without a license can look just like a hunter hunting with a license. I don't particularly mind showing mine because if no one was checking I might be the only sucker out there paying for one. I'm gonna have to think on this one a while.

I hump the wild to take it all in, there is no bag limit on happiness. -Ted Nugent
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5860191 08/03/15 12:24 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I don't mind the checking. Anyone hunting or fishing should be subject to being checked. I just don't like the fact that they can roam all over Creation without regard to private property rights to find folks to check.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5860515 08/03/15 04:35 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
I don't mind the checking. Anyone hunting or fishing should be subject to being checked. I just don't like the fact that they can roam all over Creation without regard to private property rights to find folks to check.

Agreed. It's a simple enough concept. One is Constitutional. The other is not. But who needs rights?

Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5861290 08/03/15 07:06 PM
7ARanch Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I've had the GW at my place one time but I was in town at the time so I missed him. He left a note written on the cover of a the almanac saying to call him and noted several pages he thought were applicable. I didn't see the note for over a month since it blended in with the artwork on the cover. Once I noticed it I did look at the pages and it was about processing deer and log books on a lease etc. None of it applies to me since I own the land, I know because I wrote and asked Fish and Game and got it clarified. Point is he went all through my barn, coolers, freezer etc when no one was there. I did not like that at all, never called him and have never seen or heard from him since but it is all locked up if I go to town now.

Destroyer 340; Easton Flatline; Grim Reapers
Not as Mean Not as Lean but still a Marine

Billy Bob: My nose is dripping on my balls...
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5861307 08/03/15 07:17 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
^^^^ Sort of reminds me of Ruby Ridge and that fiasco... Pretty soon criminals will learn to wear LEO uniforms and carry fake badges.... Then what should an honest man do when the fake LEO tries to handcuff him and tie up his family??

Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Sniper John] #5862575 08/04/15 02:25 PM
W
wisco-hunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
Nice to see some states still enforce our Constitutional Rights

Why is it that every time I push #1 for english, I cannot understand the person on the other end???
Re: Interesting change in AR with Game Wardens & illegal search checking licenses [Re: Ramsey] #5863168 08/04/15 08:52 PM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: Ramsey

But it doesn't guarantee the right to do it without a license.
GWs still have to check them. There are some ahole GW but I have found 99% of them to be very easy to get along with. Everyone likes to bring up the constitution but as pointed out hunting and fishing are not a right. If the GW shakes someone down that is obeying the law that would be another thing but few do without a reason. Like a smart aleck person that says they are violating their rights.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide