471265 Topics
6182677 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#5850763 - 07/27/15 05:33 PM SOLD: Mojos & Waterfowling Gear - package only
Blue Moon Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Republic of Texas
SOLD - SOLD - SOLD but still a fun read...

I only used motorized decoys for a very limited time before I went back to using a jerk string so these have been on the shelf for several years. Im moving and decided its foolish to move or store things I never plan to use again. Im only offering these items as a complete package.

Please keep in mind these items have been USED for waterfowl hunting so they are NOT in perfect condition. Then again, the discerning waterfowler may appreciate some of the modifications...

The Mojos are early models with metal wings. They have a reputation for being built to last but perhaps a tad noisy. To reduce the noise associated with the metal wing versions, I found that by adding black electrical tape between the metal wings and the metal spinning rods, along the entire surface area where they attach, helps to reduce the majority of the metallic noise. Mostly only very sensitive duck hunters complain about the noise, usually saying it brings on migraines or is the leading cause for their retrievers to howl and misbehave while we all know their dogs are likely of whining in the blind lineage.

Some buyers may notice that one of the Mojos is missing the standard on/off button. Indeed it is. I removed it on purpose as I often put the butt of the decoy in the water to help create motion and didn't want any electrical connections to get wet. It spins as soon as the wires are connected. Perhaps I should say, Warning, it spins as soon as the wires are connected... Think of the fun you'll have when you ask your buddies to set it up with the tail in the water... They'll likely get spanked by it if they are not paying attention or may get splashed in the face with cool refreshing winter marsh water if they set it too deep and a wing catches the water...

I also tested the Lucky Duck by hard wiring it to make sure it would spin and it does. The fuse holder melted on a previous adventure and of course is missing along with the blown fuse. They should really be replaced before returning to service. Normally Id restore them prior to selling but time is very short so Im selling as is.

Package includes:

• Drake Mojo with stake
  • Hen Mojo with stake
  • Drake Lucky Duck with stake (needs fuse holder and fuse)
  • Marsh Seat adjustable with strap
  • Dog Timber Stand
  • Decoy rigging material lead weights, cord, etc
  • 3 crow/raven decoys
  • Bonus Ill throw in a NON-WORKING Mojo Mallard Machine (3 decoy version). While its currently not working parts should be available.

No batteries are included or available so please bring one to test (the one I tested with was mistakenly sent away with other household hazardous waste )

Package - $200 cash. Face to face in McKinney or nearby vicinity only. I rarely log in but if you send a PM I should get a notice via email from the site.

Blue Moon

Edited by BlueMoon (08/13/15 08:45 PM)

#5856962 - 07/31/15 11:22 AM Re: Mojos & Waterfowling Gear - package only [Re: Blue Moon]
Mook Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Tyler, TX
Still available?

#5857388 - 07/31/15 04:16 PM Re: Mojos & Waterfowling Gear - package only [Re: Mook]
Blue Moon Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Republic of Texas
Originally Posted By: Mook
Still available?

Yes Sir, the package is still available. If you're interested please feel free to make an offer.

Blue Moon

2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide