Print Thread
Bushnell "Bullet Proof Guarantee" #5841590 07/21/15 08:54 PM
H
huck18 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
H
Just want to put this out there as a warning so it may not happen to others in the future.

I purchased a Bushnell ERS 3.5-21x50mm product code ET35215GZA in March of this year. I mounted the scope but didn't have a chance to get to the range until about a month after having it. After taking it out and using it I found a problem. It has locking turrets that lock when in the down position and move left to right for adjustments when in the up position. My turrets would not lock into the down position smoothly. I would have to manipulate the turret left to right and slightly up and down until it found the sweet spot and went back down. This was pretty frustrating since I just spent $1,700 on a brand new scope and it wouldn't even go through it's basic functions properly.

So I called Bushnell and they told me to send it in for repairs. A couple weeks after I mailed it I called them to check the status. They told me there were no repairs to be made and that the scope was working as it should. That wasn't going to fly with me because it was not working as it should. So I told them I would like to use the "One Year Bullet Proof Money Back Guarantee". They said no problem we will get it processed and you will have your money back in 4-6 weeks.

I called a month later to check the status of the refund and the Bushnell rep told me that it would probably be another two weeks before I get my money back.

Fast forward to today. Almost two months after he said It will be two weeks and I still haven't got my money back. I called Bushnell today and had to explain the situation again and they asked if I had a tracking number. "A tracking number for what, you guys have had the scope since May" I replied. He seemed confused and asked if they mailed the scope back to me. I explained again no they hadn't and that I was supposed to get a refund. He calls me back and tells me that they never processed the refund (even after I called May 26 and asked for an update and they said it will be two weeks) and that it will be an additional 6-8 weeks before I will get a refund.

Of course I raised hell and the response I got from the Bushnell rep was "Well there is nothing I can do and I'm not writing you a check today."

So moral of the story just because the paperwork that comes with the product says it comes with a "Bullet Proof Money Back Guarantee" doesn't make it so. The warranty/guarantee is only as good as the company that is backing it. I've purchased three Bushnell scopes in the last year and the glass quality and bang for the buck has been great except for this whole ordeal.

They could have tried to make it right someone by getting a manager involved and getting my money sent to me ASAP or giving me a loaner scope to use for the 6-8 weeks until my refund actually got processed but no, I was simply told "There is nothing I can do and I'm not writing you a check today."

Thanks Bushnell you just lost a customer.

Re: Bushnell "Bullet Proof Guarantee" [Re: huck18] #5841985 07/22/15 01:04 AM
C
cazador1022 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
I have a similar situation with a pair of Binos/Laser Range Finder combo($900.00. The Knob that holds the batteries cracked and I called to see about getting it fixed....basically the conversation was "that cant be fixed" just buy another pair.

Re: Bushnell "Bullet Proof Guarantee" [Re: huck18] #5841988 07/22/15 01:05 AM
C
cazador1022 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
bushnell thumbs down

Re: Bushnell "Bullet Proof Guarantee" [Re: huck18] #5843177 07/22/15 07:05 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I thought bushnell was on their A game right now with scopes and such

Re: Bushnell "Bullet Proof Guarantee" [Re: Brother in-law] #5843450 07/22/15 10:06 PM
H
huck18 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
I thought bushnell was on their A game right now with scopes and such

I have no complaints about the other two scopes I have. Both are the Elite Tactical series but without the locking turrets. They track well and the glass is really good for the money.

But what happens if one of them totally craps out in the next six months? This situation doesn't give me a lot of confidence that they will make it right. I posted this same topic on snipers hide and they have notified Bushnell and supposedly someone is watching it and they will contact me. So far no one has contacted me once through this ordeal. I have been doing the contacting and following up only to find out that what I was told was inaccurate and they haven't done anything to make it right.

If it was $200 I wouldn't be quite as pissed off about it but with it being almost $2,000, I'm gonna raise hell till it's resolved.

Last edited by huck18; 07/22/15 10:07 PM.
Re: Bushnell "Bullet Proof Guarantee" [Re: huck18] #5843541 07/22/15 10:55 PM
G
Gone to Texas Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
This is not the first story of have heard of Bushnell's Customer Service lacking.

I bought a used Vortex PST 4-16x50 FFP scope and I called Vortex asking if they could check it out. They e-mailed me the form and I dropped it off at USPS Monday morning; no original box, no scope covers, just the scope in a USPS box.

Friday afternoon I came home from work and I saw a package in front of my door. Vortex sent me back a brand new Vortex PST 4-16x5- FFP scope in the box. All the sheet said was under "scope condition" was "tube damage". I am shocked by how strong their customer service is. I didn't have to provide an order number, tracking number, or an original receipt. I bought the scope second hand and they didn't care, the VIP warranty still stood up.

I get it, when you pay a high price for a product you shouldn't have to use a warranty, but crazy things happen and sometimes stuff doesn't work. I also rest easy knowing when I drop a grand on a scope that no matter what happens Vortex will replace it.

Re: Bushnell "Bullet Proof Guarantee" [Re: huck18] #5846507 07/24/15 07:13 PM
R
rjd Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
I quit buying Bushsmell after a similar dealing with their "lifetime" warranty. They told me the scope I sent in was not repairable (internal problem with adjustments) and they offered to sell me a replacement which was a bottom line scope at a higher price than I could have bought it at WalMart. Others seem to have had good luck dealing with them, but I won't buy any more of their products.

Re: Bushnell "Bullet Proof Guarantee" [Re: huck18] #5846543 07/24/15 07:28 PM
syncerus Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
That's troubling. I'd never buy an expensive scope from a company with questionable warranty support.

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: Bushnell "Bullet Proof Guarantee" [Re: huck18] #5846555 07/24/15 07:34 PM
P
postoak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
That reminds me they said they were going to send me a replacement turret cap and I should have it in a week. That was two months ago. And it was after my second call to them.

Re: Bushnell "Bullet Proof Guarantee" [Re: huck18] #5846615 07/24/15 08:03 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I own a scope like yours. The adjustment dials do not work the way you described. The only time you pull up on the dial and and push back down to lock is when your setting the zero stop.

I think Bushnell is correct, there is nothing wrong with the scope if your operating it the way you describe. up

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Bushnell "Bullet Proof Guarantee" [Re: huck18] #5846626 07/24/15 08:07 PM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
That's interesting, I had bushnell send me a bnib scope when mine broke and it wasn't even top of the line. They replaced it with the latest more expensive model and it was complete in the sealed box. All for the $10 I had sent them for return shipping of my original.

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide