I test a lot of barrels out.. I really like the Ballistic Advantage barrels
I just installed a new barrel, it's a Ballistic Advantange 16" Hanson barrel.
It's a lightweight stainless middy with a Wylde chamber
I have ran several of their barrels and have liked all of them.
I shot it yesterday on my rifle which runs a Vltor A5 buffer setup and a standard weight BCG (Wilson Combat NP3)
Brake was a JEC
Fixed gas block (supplied with barrel)
I didn't measure the gas port size but they certainly have it dialed in as it was a VERY smooth shooting barrel.
From their website on the profile:
BA Hanson Series Barrels exemplify the quality and accuracy you have come to expect from Ballistic Advantage. BA Hanson Profile barrels feature a shoulder-less design, symmetrically limiting barrel “whip” and allowing the barrel to quickly return to its home position. This is extremely beneficial for follow up shots at a high rate of fire or full auto fire. Lightweight feel without the lightweight limitations, it is truly ideal for how an AR-15 is designed to perform
· Material 416R Stainless Steel
· FailZero Nickel Boron Coated Extended M4 Feed Ramp Extension.
· Profile Hanson Finish Bead Blasted
· Gas System Length Mid-Length
· Gas Block Journal 1.03" Gas Block Seat for .750" Low Profile Gas Blocks Only
· include a pinned lo-pro gas block
· Twist Rate 1:8 inches Muzzle 1/2-28 Threaded
· Weight 27
· Other Info HP and MPI Tested