Forums46
Topics537,785
Posts9,729,117
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: How to combat the day leasing and real estate brokers? [Re: kry226] #5842505 07/22/15 01:11 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: kry226
This discussion can be "what if'd" to death.

But buying land has brought a lot of peace-of-mind to me respective to the original question.

No harm in discussing all the issues and options. After all, isn't that why we spend so much time here?

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: How to combat the day leasing and real estate brokers? [Re: Texas Dan] #5842634 07/22/15 02:06 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Be 30 yrs been here, from trailor ta house.. its always been 1 deer county, archery think been 2deer... In-laws usdta run cattle, we still deer hunted some after work.. Tried getten doe permit rifle, told not enough deer.. First lease was 1 buck only, as said many times, it had hogs, 24-7-365, so got on it.. Several times, found people without permission hunting it... Ones talked too said they had permission from another member, politly told em, rules were no guests during deer season... Might be why got culled from lease.. Next lease was a 2 buck county, but year we got on it went ta 1 buck county, humm, wonder why ? Deer learn ta pattern huters, why I liked just sitting in tree, then got chain on stands ta climbing stands... Seen lots of nice deer, but lots of times sat in box stands & kicked back... Lot of people put down the hunters who shoot any legal deer that moves.. Whin ya low income, work hard for your money, its about enjoying time with family & friends & grillen & chillen... Evrry one complains aboit the hogs, yet, in fairness ta them i kinda look muyloco rofl so whin WMA opened up started buying the $40.00 permit, & got out of leases & eaning more ta hog hunten... Whin it went 4 deer county, doesnt take an English major ta figure the math.. So kept presure on hogs the other wild game ... Always been a lowfer got nothen against HF, except whin they say its only way ta get bigger trophy deer... Were i grew up, every deer is a trophy ... i got cheap posts... flag

i'm postaddic
Re: How to combat the day leasing and real estate brokers? [Re: Schmule] #5842886 07/22/15 04:01 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Schmule
Most real estate brokers and agents are horrible people and not worth the money. Keep that in mind as I am an agent have worked with agents and still can't stand most of them

I think the key to keep them out of the leasing side is to have a site like AirBnB or something along that idea that would be a disruption to the industry offering leases.

When it comes to sales, I think a good agent can get you more for your land and help with some of the legality of the deal as they would tend to do these deals more often and have some insight the average person may not. The key word there is a GOOD AGENT, but like I said in my first sentence most are horrible and not worth the money.

With that said, if you want to list your property.... haha just kidding. I don't do much in sales any more, mostly commercial property management and some commercial investment sales.

You do a lot/ever done a lot of ranch sales?

Most ranch brokers want nothing to do with brokering hunting leases

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: How to combat the day leasing and real estate brokers? [Re: txtrophy85] #5843922 07/23/15 02:39 AM
S
Schmule Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Originally Posted By: Schmule
Most real estate brokers and agents are horrible people and not worth the money. Keep that in mind as I am an agent have worked with agents and still can't stand most of them

I think the key to keep them out of the leasing side is to have a site like AirBnB or something along that idea that would be a disruption to the industry offering leases.

When it comes to sales, I think a good agent can get you more for your land and help with some of the legality of the deal as they would tend to do these deals more often and have some insight the average person may not. The key word there is a GOOD AGENT, but like I said in my first sentence most are horrible and not worth the money.

With that said, if you want to list your property.... haha just kidding. I don't do much in sales any more, mostly commercial property management and some commercial investment sales.

You do a lot/ever done a lot of ranch sales?

Most ranch brokers want nothing to do with brokering hunting leases

I have assisted in a raw land transaction but it was small and in the city. Most of the deals I have worked/looked at have either been owner/user or investor sales for shopping centers or other commercial transactions. Right now I manage Medical Office Buildings so not a lot of experience in dirt sales. I honestly wouldn't touch one given that those transactions are not exactly in my area of knowledge unless it was for one of my investor clients that specifically wanted me to do so.

Outside of Commercial leases, most agents can not make a living doing leasing so I can imagine brokering hunting leases would be the same. Just as much work for a little bit of pay. 3% of a day lease wouldn't even be worth getting out of bed for.

-Will

Preferred Realtor with the Texas Veteran's Land Board
www.WillCurtisRealEstate.com

Re: How to combat the day leasing and real estate brokers? [Re: Texas Dan] #5843933 07/23/15 02:45 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
There are some bad farm and ranch agents but also some very good ones.

A agent/broker isn't going to mess with a hunting lease when they can make 2%-6% of a several hundred thousand to multi-million dollar ranch deal

I don't know why real estate brokers were brought up in a thread about hunting leases?

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: How to combat the day leasing and real estate brokers? [Re: txtrophy85] #5843996 07/23/15 03:23 AM
S
Schmule Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
There are some bad farm and ranch agents but also some very good ones.

A agent/broker isn't going to mess with a hunting lease when they can make 2%-6% of a several hundred thousand to multi-million dollar ranch deal

I think this is true in any area of real estate. Sadly Real Estate Licenses attract those who think they can do little work and make tons of money. Which is certainly not the case. Real Estate is a career you have to hustle in and have the knowledge in as well. Many will jump in anywhere they think they can make a buck as well which is where I think we can see some agents coming into hunting leases.

I have a love/hate relationship with residential agents that try to do a commercial deal. I love that I am getting my client a great deal but hate that the other guy is likely getting screwed. Not that residential agents are dumb and commercial are smarter they are just different sectors with different deal structures. Which is why I would be hesitant of someone boasting that they are a hunting lease expert being that there can not be that many transactions to make someone an expert.

I know when I started out I would do anything that I could make a buck on as well until I was able to specialize in once specific sector. I did apartments for a while which is a lot of chasing for a little money. Same with agents that maybe doing hunting leases. Like you said though, I am going after those bigger deals now, but I also have the experience and education to back up landing those types of clients.

But I think we have kind of chased a rabbit trail on this one from the OP.

-Will

Re: How to combat the day leasing and real estate brokers? [Re: Texas Dan] #5844014 07/23/15 03:33 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Don't know to many real estate brokers out of the ones I have been around that would know good whitetail habitat. Just read a few of their listings. When you see "trophy deer" and "great habitat" in all of them, that usually means find another broker/agent.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: How to combat the day leasing and real estate brokers? [Re: stxranchman] #5844027 07/23/15 03:45 AM
S
Schmule Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Don't know to many real estate brokers out of the ones I have been around that would know good whitetail habitat. Just read a few of their listings. When you see "trophy deer" and "great habitat" in all of them, that usually means find another broker/agent.

Haha that is when I would ask them for the proof of those facts. If they are unable to supply them threaten to report them to the Real Estate Commission or the Board of REALTORS. It could be viewed as misrepresenting a listing, unless they have some proof of deer that are scored and were killed on the property, some kind of survey or even game cam photos.

I actually have a buddy that is looking at selling land that a trophy was shot on but I suggested if he did that he place that information to be given to the potential buyer behind a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Last thing he wants to do is broadcast he has great deer and just invite poachers to the property to kill them off.

-Will

Re: How to combat the day leasing and real estate brokers? [Re: Texas Dan] #5844074 07/23/15 05:18 AM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan

But buying land has brought a lot of peace-of-mind to me respective to the original question.

No harm in discussing all the issues and options. After all, isn't that why we spend so much time here?

Of course there's no harm, but there isn't necessarily a conclusion that works for everyone either. What has brought me peace-of-mind in my area wouldn't necessarily work in South Texas.

[Linked Image]
Re: How to combat the day leasing and real estate brokers? [Re: kry226] #5844141 07/23/15 11:41 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan

Of course there's no harm, but there isn't necessarily a conclusion that works for everyone either. What has brought me peace-of-mind in my area wouldn't necessarily work in South Texas.

It's why we read and decide for ourselves what's best.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: How to combat the day leasing and real estate brokers? [Re: Texas Dan] #5844276 07/23/15 01:49 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
Haha that is when I would ask them for the proof of those facts. If they are unable to supply them threaten to report them to the Real Estate Commission or the Board of REALTORS. It could be viewed as misrepresenting a listing, unless they have some proof of deer that are scored and were killed on the property, some kind of survey or even game cam photos.

"Great habitat" is like "great views" which is an opinion, not a fact. It can be "great" for the county or local area. It can be "great" because the animals are doing well.

Virtually none can provide you proof that a particular deer was killed on the property. Those will be the claims of the property owner. Game cam photos are nice, but unless you verify the actual camera location, assuming it is still there and the habitat looks the same, then you can't verify deer in pics as being on property either.

I have a buddy with a place for sale. He has "trophy deer" and they truly are, or were. Some of the pics used in the real estate spread go back 10 years or so. When I asked about that, he said that it was to show that the land was producing over a period of time. When I asked why the pics weren't labeled as to the year so that the prospective buyer could see they the land was productive over time, he said, "Well, you have to ask." In other words, it looks like he has over 10 recent pics from last year of a lot of trophy deer when it is really one or two every year or two over the last 10 years.

But none of this has anything to do with combating day leasing.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide