6242562 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5831549 - 07/14/15 11:58 AM BOUNTY ON WILD HOGS
Mrglaspy Offline
Green Horn

Loc: texas
Does anyone know if there is any kind of statewide bounty on wild hogs? so far I know it is limited to a few counties. Ellis is not one of them.

#5831656 - 07/14/15 01:18 PM Re: BOUNTY ON WILD HOGS [Re: Mrglaspy]
Double Naught Spy Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Forestburg, Montague Cnty, TX
No state bounty.

#5831721 - 07/14/15 01:50 PM Re: BOUNTY ON WILD HOGS [Re: Mrglaspy]
Txmedic033 Offline
Woodsman

That's a shame.

#5832781 - 07/15/15 09:15 AM Re: BOUNTY ON WILD HOGS [Re: Mrglaspy]
REALKILLER Offline
Tracker

The state cant afford a Texas wide bounty on pest, it would bankrupt them. Kinda like all those pot holes on the road. They fill them in moderation. Hope you don't have low profiles with high dollar rims. I bubbled a tire and bent a rim on my wifes car a month ago. That bill will be mine. Ran through a crater on the highway after that, and the highway equipment was sitting right there by it. They were repaving the other lane all the while people were driving by them and demolishing there front ends. Hell get a shovel and toss some pavement in there for us you cheap inconsiderate bastards. Oh and what about those hogs that are destroying our nature and property. causing wrecks, diseases, ect. oh well too bad I guess. hammer

#5832944 - 07/15/15 11:43 AM Re: BOUNTY ON WILD HOGS [Re: Mrglaspy]
der Teufel Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Central Texas
Lee County offered a $5/tail bounty on hogs last year. They ran out of money in May.

Some guys who worked at a cattle auction set traps and caught a BUNCH of hogs at night. They'd haul them to a buying station where they'd get paperwork showing the number of hogs caught, and then collect the $5 bounty for each one. That was in addition to the money they received from the buyer for the actual hogs. They made more money from the hog trapping than they did working at the auction.
banana

#5835964 - 07/17/15 10:33 AM Re: BOUNTY ON WILD HOGS [Re: Mrglaspy]
Mrglaspy Offline
Green Horn

der Teaufel how many hogs did they remove in that program? sounds like it worked.

#5836380 - 07/17/15 03:44 PM Re: BOUNTY ON WILD HOGS [Re: Mrglaspy]
der Teufel Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Central Texas
Originally Posted By: Mrglaspy
der Teufel how many hogs did they remove in that program? sounds like it worked.

I don't have a number, I didn't know them personally. I have a friend who works at the same auction who told me about them.

In this case the bounty didn't really do anything except put more money in their pockets. They were already trapping hogs and selling them to a local buyer. They didn't stop trapping when the bounty money ran out.

#5836395 - 07/17/15 04:03 PM Re: BOUNTY ON WILD HOGS [Re: REALKILLER]
Creekrunner Online   happy
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell
Originally Posted By: REALKILLER
The state cant afford a Texas wide bounty on pest, it would bankrupt them. Kinda like all those pot holes on the road. They fill them in moderation. Hope you don't have low profiles with high dollar rims. I bubbled a tire and bent a rim on my wifes car a month ago. That bill will be mine. Ran through a crater on the highway after that, and the highway equipment was sitting right there by it. They were repaving the other lane all the while people were driving by them and demolishing there front ends. Hell get a shovel and toss some pavement in there for us you cheap inconsiderate bastards. Oh and what about those hogs that are destroying our nature and property. causing wrecks, diseases, ect. oh well too bad I guess. hammer

When it takes them MONTHS after they start to fix 20 yards of pavement, there's no wonder. After the rains down here some springs have come to brief life. Watching TxDOT do anything is a study in inefficiency.

#5836449 - 07/17/15 04:43 PM Re: BOUNTY ON WILD HOGS [Re: Mrglaspy]
Mrglaspy Offline
Green Horn

well I guess it is up to us hunters to just keep whacking and stacking to do our part. I think I'll head out tonight see how many I can take out of the population.

#5836486 - 07/17/15 05:21 PM Re: BOUNTY ON WILD HOGS [Re: Mrglaspy]
Double Naught Spy Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Forestburg, Montague Cnty, TX
The bounty is a nice idea, but not really a motivational factor for people to go out and get hogs. In the end, such a plan is nothing but a feel good measure that will provide a limited number of folks some extra change for doing what they are already doing.

#5836511 - 07/17/15 05:57 PM Re: BOUNTY ON WILD HOGS [Re: Mrglaspy]
Humannpower Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Fort Worth
Originally Posted By: Mrglaspy
well I guess it is up to us hunters to just keep whacking and stacking to do our part. I think I'll head out tonight see how many I can take out of the population.

Want some help? Itching to try out the new AK I got on hogs.

#5836925 - 07/17/15 11:04 PM Re: BOUNTY ON WILD HOGS [Re: Mrglaspy]
Texaslawman Offline
Tracker

I agree with DNS look how many people are always looking for places to hunt hogs, there is no shortage of willing hunters see already people volunteering here.

#5839408 - 07/20/15 09:42 AM Re: BOUNTY ON WILD HOGS [Re: Texaslawman]
Mrglaspy Offline
Green Horn

I have to agree there are plenty of hunters out there wanting to hunt hogs. But there is a difference between hunting and eradicating. Hunters preserve the wildlife taking only what they want or need allowing the animals to multiply so that the resource is always there. Don't get me wrong I like hunting hogs and there are lots of people that substitute there income by charging people to hunt. But the fact is the hogs are taking over the woods. They eat up all the resources for the deer that nature provides then they eat anything we plant to help the deer herd. But it is possible that if hunters see $$$ instead of meat in the freezer that more hogs would be eradicated. My main fear of a statewide bounty is that it would cause a surge in road hunting and people trespassing to collect bounty. Hard to say if it would be effective.

#5839592 - 07/20/15 12:02 PM Re: BOUNTY ON WILD HOGS [Re: Mrglaspy]
cyberpyrot Offline
Tracker

Loc: Houston, TX
hogs are not a problem if they where the state would allow baiting and night hunting on public land.

#5839600 - 07/20/15 12:09 PM Re: BOUNTY ON WILD HOGS [Re: Mrglaspy]
Navasot Online   content
Natty Love

Loc: Normangee/Navasota TX
nidea

http://www.j5tractors.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide