Page 1 of 2 1 2
My X sight Works #5828044 07/12/15 02:17 AM
S
shoots100 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
Ok, I know there are X sight owners out there that have had and are having issues with their scopes and ATN.
I also had an issue with my THOR thermal and first 3X X sight scopes I bought. ATN took care of me both times.My thermal has been working great for the last two years and my newer 5X X sight is also working great. In the meantime I have used other digital Night scopes and none compared to the X sight in price and the features it has, or is going to have soon.
I got tired of carrying around an external DVR and dealing with all of the wires and batteries too. More crap to worry about, when I should be concentrating on the hunt.
After F'ing up a couple of hunts dealing with the external DVR, I was psyched to get my hands on an X sight.
As I've stated before, I wanted a digital scope that has a color day view, works at night from 100- 300 yards with a good Illuminator and takes video.
My scope does all three without issue.
I don't need the GPS, WIFI,Clock,BDC, Sound and Compass. Thankfully I can turn those features off.
If the eagerly anticipated .288 firmware works better than the accidentally released .288 version I have loaded in my scope now, I'll be a real happy camper.
While the scope is a work in progress, the progress has all been positive in my case.

Re: My X sight Works [Re: shoots100] #5828056 07/12/15 02:27 AM
syncerus Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
It must feel great to be one in a thousand.

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: My X sight Works [Re: shoots100] #5828073 07/12/15 02:37 AM
P
Powerstroke99 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
P
Is this guy for real, or does he work for ATN? He just can't let go of those talking points!

Re: My X sight Works [Re: shoots100] #5828142 07/12/15 03:24 AM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
So the scope "works" but does not do what it is advertised to do. Strange definition of "works."

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: My X sight Works [Re: shoots100] #5828200 07/12/15 04:14 AM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
You're not allowed to have two screen names on THF Sachal. rofl

Re: My X sight Works [Re: shoots100] #5828263 07/12/15 10:41 AM
P
Pigsicles Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
Go buy a Lottery ticket, you will surely win with your luck.

Star date ..2084-8, telepathic notification received from Sachel Jr at ATN. " The long anticipated update 973.6 is expected to be released in the next 2 weeks with the last of the "bug fixes". roflmao

Pulsar Trail XQ50
Pulsar HD 19A
Re: My X sight Works [Re: shoots100] #5828287 07/12/15 12:23 PM
M
MrKingLouie Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Infact, my X-Sight 3-12X is also working fine, 3 hogkills so far, still using the .253 firmware though.
Re-drilled the mount holes and replaced with helicoil in the body and real 12.9 bolts to hold the mount.
Not much adjustment in zeroing now and the scope is holding zero perfect using my 9.3x62 caibre rifle.
And with the Uniquefire T50 IR-Light, it's a good NV scope.
Cant ask for more at this low cost.

AND this is not SACHAL speaking smile

/MKL

Re: My X sight Works [Re: MrKingLouie] #5828419 07/12/15 03:08 PM
C
cyberpyrot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: MrKingLouie
Infact, my X-Sight 3-12X is also working fine, 3 hogkills so far, still using the .253 firmware though.
Re-drilled the mount holes and replaced with helicoil in the body and real 12.9 bolts to hold the mount.
Not much adjustment in zeroing now and the scope is holding zero perfect using my 9.3x62 caibre rifle.
And with the Uniquefire T50 IR-Light, it's a good NV scope.
Cant ask for more at this low cost.

AND this is not SACHAL speaking smile

/MKL

So your happy you had to drill into your scope? Would you have been this happy if the bit wallowed while drilling an created an oblong hole?

I'm a terrible shot but I follow up with a grenade!
Re: My X sight Works [Re: shoots100] #5828447 07/12/15 03:34 PM
F
fr3db3ar Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
My last one wasn't that bad until it started forgetting zero. That was unacceptable.

Re: My X sight Works [Re: shoots100] #5828456 07/12/15 03:38 PM
M
MrKingLouie Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Ofcause not, if it would have gone wrong, but now
we have done it with 2 more scopes,
and they are all working fine.
Remember the scopes are "Made In China" and
pretty cheap.

/MKL

Last edited by MrKingLouie; 07/12/15 03:40 PM.
Re: My X sight Works [Re: shoots100] #5828771 07/12/15 08:40 PM
S
shoots100 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: shoots100
As I've stated before, I wanted a digital scope that has a color day view, works at night from 100- 300 yards with a good Illuminator and takes video.
My scope does all three without issue.
I don't need the GPS, WIFI,Clock,BDC, Sound and Compass. Thankfully I can turn those features off.

This is not sachal.
Just wanted to let others know that my scope is useable and has been in the field killing animals no matter what firmware version is in it.
I have two other friends who bought X sight's after using mine and their scopes are working fine too.
We did have to shim one scope mount, but after that fix, it's a shooter.
It's not my fault if some buyers would think that a $600 dollar scope is going to compare to a two thousand dollar scope and be upset when it didn't live up to the hype. It's called marketing.
I've dealt with ATN in the past and knew this was going to be a work in progress.
It has progressed, but not fast enough for others.
Buy another scope, DVR setup and leave the tissue in the can by the door.

Re: My X sight Works [Re: shoots100] #5828884 07/12/15 10:18 PM
Beaubien Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Congrats on the kills.
Mine has seven kills under its belt and I am happy also.

Last edited by Beaubien; 07/12/15 10:23 PM.

Re: My X sight Works [Re: shoots100] #5828921 07/12/15 10:44 PM
M
mikei Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
My experience is similar to shoots100:

I wanted a digital scope that has a color day view, works at night from 100- 300 yards with a good Illuminator and takes video. My scope does all three without issue.

ATN's roll out, customer support, and public relations activities for this product have been a case study in inadequacy. I believe that their brand has been seriously damaged, and I'm not sure if they'll ever recover from this debacle. I, for one, will be very, very careful before I purchase the next ATN product.

Having said that, there are a lot of feral hogs, raccoons, possums, skunks and grey foxes that have been sent to "Predator/Varmint Heaven" by me, my 7.62X39, and my 5-18 over the last few months, even with an X-Sight that has yet (and may never!)to achieve its promised and advertised potential.

Re: My X sight Works [Re: shoots100] #5828969 07/12/15 11:18 PM
E
Eyesofahunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
2x mikei. 100% agreement with your entire statement.

Re: My X sight Works [Re: shoots100] #5829048 07/13/15 12:05 AM
hopalong Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
while it is good that y'all seem to like your scopes you still just don't get it do ya?

ANY company that advertises a product must make sure that product does what they say it will, period end of legal discussion.

atn (no I will not capitalize it) failed and failed miserably to deliver on even half of the advertised functions much less deliver a scope in semi working condition. to put it simply, they scammed a bunch of us (mine has since been dealt with) so let me ask ya this, had you bought a new truck and said truck was supposed to come standard with a v8/am fm cd/electric windows/electric locks and tinted windows yet you got a v6/am radio/manual windows/manual locks and plain glass would you keep it and say, oh well at least it works.
I doubt it, same goes for the xsight, I agree one should not expect too much from a "bargain" but when said bargain is sold using deception and fraud then you have a claim for blatant false advertising not to mention those of us who could not keep zero (the liability issue is staggering if someone knowingly uses a bad xsight and someone else gets hurt).

I am amazed that so many are willing to just say "oh well it works" and not hold them to a fully functioning scope as advertised, you only embolden them to do this krap again.

Cabelas was provided with all the forum threads and posts on this subject and I sincerely hope they drop atn due to the bs they pulled on us all, I for one refuse to be rode hard and put up wet on any business deal.

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: My X sight Works [Re: shoots100] #5829212 07/13/15 01:41 AM
M
mikei Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
hopalong, read the posts that shoots100 and I just made. Did either of us say "oh well, it works?" and imply that that was good enough? If you will read the third paragraph of my reply, you'll understand that I really do get it, and I have no intention of giving ATN a pass on this mess that they've created for all of us loyal purchasers of their defective product. I will continue to apply pressure to the company in every way I am able to do so until such time as they "make it right."

Last edited by mikei; 07/13/15 01:42 AM.
Re: My X sight Works [Re: shoots100] #5829224 07/13/15 01:46 AM
C
customcutter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
My problem with the Xsight is a safety issue, not at the time I took the shot, but in future situations a very real one. I was in a pasture and the cows were several hundred yards away from me and on a line of cantaloupes that the rancher had put out, so I knew where they were.

I had only used it in the yard and had shined several oak trees over my fence from 150-200yds away, but I could easily see individual leaves on the trees. The night I went hunting I set up under a large oak tree, with overhanging limbs, and tall grass in front of me. A large boar about 175#'s walked by about 50-60yds in front of me and I could barely make him out, due to the extreme auto dimming. I tried focusing the T50, increasing the brightness, it just kept auto-dimming. Like I said I could barely make out the boar, and couldn't see anything past him. I decided to take the shot. I missed. Luckily there was nothing on the other side of the pig. No cows, no horses, no hunters. If the scope hadn't been auto dimming I would have known it. It was a scary feeling after I thought about it. Like I said I knew where the cows were, and I was hunting alone.

I'm buying a thermal, and it won't be an ATN after talking with Sachal for a week in e-mails. He told me the sensor is doing what it's supposed to do. I told him, I hunt in the real world, not from the fairway in the middle of a golf course. Your mileage may vary. Be safe, just remember whats on the other side of the dark.

God Bless
Re: My X sight Works [Re: mikei] #5829367 07/13/15 03:24 AM
hopalong Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: mikei
hopalong, read the posts that shoots100 and I just made. Did either of us say "oh well, it works?" and imply that that was good enough? If you will read the third paragraph of my reply, you'll understand that I really do get it, and I have no intention of giving ATN a pass on this mess that they've created for all of us loyal purchasers of their defective product. I will continue to apply pressure to the company in every way I am able to do so until such time as they "make it right."

I read all of them, the only way to apply pressure is to return the scope and demand a FULL refund of all costs including shipping, do you really think they give a rats arse as long as sachal and others with atn keep seeing "well mine works good" threads?

not bashing you or shoots100 but stating fact that in the real world of business the bottom line is all that matters to companies like this, refunding a couple thousand scope purchases will get the point across.
as others have also pointed out, they have essentially made you pay to do the legwork for them with beta testing. what other jobs would you do that you have to pay to get?

good luck with them after the way they have treated people, myself included, I hope no one has to find out what a liability suit costs due to atn's lack of a working product.

Re: My X sight Works [Re: customcutter] #5829433 07/13/15 04:36 AM
S
shoots100 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
I had the same issue as you did CC, but since I hunt in open field conditions most of the time, it didn't effect me too bad. It got better with the .266 version and I have no problem with flare up or dimming with the .288 Beta Beta Beta version firmware I'm using now.
I was surely pissed when my 3K+ ATN Thor thermal scope had issues. ATN took care of me. If they didn't, I would've never bought another ATN product, ever.
I have no issues testing the X sight for ATN and knew that going in.
I'm not making excuses for ATN.
They screwed up.
I am content for now, as my scope works.
If it didn't and I couldn't return the scope for a refund, I'd be adding my name to your suit.

Re: My X sight Works [Re: customcutter] #5829445 07/13/15 05:40 AM
S
Shadow357x2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: customcutter
My problem with the Xsight is a safety issue, not at the time I took the shot, but in future situations a very real one. I was in a pasture and the cows were several hundred yards away from me and on a line of cantaloupes that the rancher had put out, so I knew where they were.

I had only used it in the yard and had shined several oak trees over my fence from 150-200yds away, but I could easily see individual leaves on the trees. The night I went hunting I set up under a large oak tree, with overhanging limbs, and tall grass in front of me. A large boar about 175#'s walked by about 50-60yds in front of me and I could barely make him out, due to the extreme auto dimming. I tried focusing the T50, increasing the brightness, it just kept auto-dimming. Like I said I could barely make out the boar, and couldn't see anything past him. I decided to take the shot. I missed. Luckily there was nothing on the other side of the pig. No cows, no horses, no hunters. If the scope hadn't been auto dimming I would have known it. It was a scary feeling after I thought about it. Like I said I knew where the cows were, and I was hunting alone.

I'm buying a thermal, and it won't be an ATN after talking with Sachal for a week in e-mails. He told me the sensor is doing what it's supposed to do. I told him, I hunt in the real world, not from the fairway in the middle of a golf course. Your mileage may vary. Be safe, just remember whats on the other side of the dark.

So had the shot you took would have went ahead and did damage to an unintended target who would have been to blame in this situation? The scope didnt pull the trigger did it? As a responsible hunter it is your responsibility to make sure that safety is number one. Granter the scope was dimming on you but at that point it was time to hang it up and either go home or change to a different means to safely shoot. In a nutshell the irresponsibility lays in your court.
Your welcome to do what you want with ATN or whoever else you decide to in court that is fine, but when you stated the above you showed your true colors. Are you trying to find a reason to prove the scope is unsafe? I dont think so I think your trying to grasp at anything you can to try to prove your case. I really hope you present the above to a court as you will more than likely lose on those grounds alone.

Re: My X sight Works [Re: hopalong] #5829448 07/13/15 06:42 AM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: hopalong

I am amazed that so many are willing to just say "oh well it works" and not hold them to a fully functioning scope as advertised, you only embolden them to do this krap again.

Why do you continue to piss and moan on this topic? You returned yours, got your money back and said you weren't going to comment anymore. Now you're complaining when someone says they're happy with theirs! Really? If you want to continue to complain, you have to go buy another one. I happen to be happy with my purchase as well. banana

Charlie

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: My X sight Works [Re: CharlieCTx] #5829590 07/13/15 12:46 PM
hopalong Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: CharlieCTx

Why do you continue to piss and moan on this topic? You returned yours, got your money back and said you weren't going to comment anymore. Now you're complaining when someone says they're happy with theirs! Really? If you want to continue to complain, you have to go buy another one. I happen to be happy with my purchase as well. banana

Charlie

for one I am not complaining, I pointed out that as long as others keep posting "my xsight works" what motivation does atn have to proceed with fixing it? pointing out that those who pull the trigger on a sight that may or may not hit what is aimed at are putting themselves in a serious position for liability, if you think for a second that atn would not turn the tables in court then you better think again as all they have to do is point out that the person knew the sight was faulty and failed to return it. you are right I got mine taken care of and my posting again has not a dam thing to do with atn rather I am hopefully bringing up a point that some may not have thought of.
my main comment was that I find it hard to believe that any of you would just accept it as is and be happy to beta test for them for a fee, you essentially took a job by paying for it.

I thought folks on here looked out for one another like we do on TFF, perhaps I was wrong and THF is just a me first screw you attitude.

Re: My X sight Works [Re: hopalong] #5829768 07/13/15 02:58 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I thought folks on here looked out for one another like we do on TFF, perhaps I was wrong and THF is just a me first screw you attitude.

Oh come on now... we still love you! smile

We're all big boys and can make big boy decisions. I feel pretty certain ATN's plans/directions for this product or not decided solely on the emotional direction of this forum/thread.

Charlie

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: My X sight Works [Re: CharlieCTx] #5830045 07/13/15 05:12 PM
W
Wildone Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
W
Not surprised at some of the comments I have read. I think we all had issues with the 3x12 and the 5x18. Some decided to return them and others like me decided to keep them. I can afford a top notch thermal if I wanted but I just don't think it practical because I don't have time to get out and hunt like some of you. I have shot a couple of pigs using my 5x18 and like shoots100 says it works. Granted it hasn't worked as advertised but I decided to keep it early on, January I think. I am seeing a slight difference and improvements with recent updates in firmware and willing at the moment to ride it out and see what happens. That's my choice. Not going to bash ATN however. I have never read that people were 100% satisfied. I liked it when I saw comments from Sachel. Made me think ATN was watching and listening and really trying to make some corrections. Don't have a clue any more. I don't blame him at all him for not commenting any longer.

Shoots100, can I send you a PM, something that I have read and tried that as far as I know or remember has never been mentioned in any of the X-Sight posts on this forum.

Re: My X sight Works [Re: shoots100] #5830082 07/13/15 05:29 PM
D
DoubleUp Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
This is my first post after joining THF today. I have been reading this forum since Nov. of last year and particularly the posts concerning the X-Sight. I'm not here to bash ATN as the threads here helped me decide not to purchase an X-Sight with all the stated problems. It was also good today to see some people who actually seem to like their X-Sights.

With that said, shoots100 started this thread and made mention of the game he had taken and the onboard video recording as one of the reasons why he purchased the scope. It sure would be nice see some video from any of the members who like their X-Sights showing what they are actually capable of at night. I don't care anything about the daytime capability just what they see at night and what game they have been able to take. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide