Print Thread
How to make hog roll barrels #5818722 07/06/15 12:28 AM
T
Texaslawman Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T

Pro staff: LWRCI, VORTEX OPTICS, SILENCER SHOP, HORNADY AMMUNITION, Barnes Bullets, Bass Pro Shops, . Huey Outdoors. CMMG INC.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/LoneStarBoars?sub_confirmation=1
Re: How to make hog roll barrels [Re: Texaslawman] #5818762 07/06/15 12:54 AM
C
Chief Joe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
up

"It is the same boiling water that softens the rice, which hardens the egg." It's not always about the circumstances, but what you are made of....
Re: How to make hog roll barrels [Re: Texaslawman] #5819892 07/06/15 07:27 PM
Lance Vick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
up up

Contact Lance@texashuntingland.com
www.texashuntingland.com
Deadend Outfitters
903-312-0609 Lance Vick
Fun begins where the road ends,
www.deadendoutfitters.com
www.guideonlakefork.com
Re: How to make hog roll barrels [Re: Texaslawman] #5821501 07/07/15 07:28 PM
C
ccreyeder Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Nice! I read your write up a few weeks ago and have been trying to locate one of those barrels at my local car wash.. cant ever catch the guy when he is there to do maintenance grr lol

Re: How to make hog roll barrels [Re: ccreyeder] #5822415 07/08/15 04:30 AM
T
Texaslawman Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: ccreyeder
Nice! I read your write up a few weeks ago and have been trying to locate one of those barrels at my local car wash.. cant ever catch the guy when he is there to do maintenance grr lol

The guy at my car wash took my cell number and calls me when he has some. In the video I said the smaller one was 30 gallons its really 15 and the bigger one is 30.

Pro staff: LWRCI, VORTEX OPTICS, SILENCER SHOP, HORNADY AMMUNITION, Barnes Bullets, Bass Pro Shops, . Huey Outdoors. CMMG INC.
Re: How to make hog roll barrels [Re: Texaslawman] #5822996 07/08/15 05:02 PM
C
ccreyeder Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Originally Posted By: Texaslawman

The guy at my car wash took my cell number and calls me when he has some. In the video I said the smaller one was 30 gallons its really 15 and the bigger one is 30.

ahh... good advice! Will have to try that. Meanwhile... picked up a 55 gal metal barrel for cheap and will take down to lease this weekend and give it a try...

Re: How to make hog roll barrels [Re: ccreyeder] #5823264 07/08/15 08:08 PM
T
Texaslawman Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T

ahh... good advice! Will have to try that. Meanwhile... picked up a 55 gal metal barrel for cheap and will take down to lease this weekend and give it a try...

I have been thinking of doing the same the plastic ones are only lasting about a year because the coons eat through the side. Pretty simple to repair but still a pain. May have to make a thermal coon video here soon.

Re: How to make hog roll barrels [Re: Texaslawman] #5823417 07/08/15 10:03 PM
C
ccreyeder Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C

I have been thinking of doing the same the plastic ones are only lasting about a year because the coons eat through the side. Pretty simple to repair but still a pain. May have to make a thermal coon video here soon.

Thermal "pink mist" lol.. Actually, it was your talking about how the coons chew up the plastic that made me take a chance on the metal..

QUESTION.... the barrel I got has a removable top with a band that you put around it and secure with nut and bolt ( I can post a pic if it would help) Do you think I should put my eye-bolt, swivel etc in the top or bottom on the barrel? Orig thought top, but wondering if it would be less stress, avoiding potential probs down the line the removal, etc if I put my eye-bolt in the bottom...

I know it is prob all a guess and trial and error, but asking anyway!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide