Print Thread
Looking to put a dove hunt together. #5821481 07/07/15 07:15 PM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
I have a line on a place (The rest of the place where my duck lease is located) that my family has leased for years during opener north zone dove. The entire place is 3000 acres now. I am looking to book 8 to 10 hunters. These 8 to 10 men will be the only ones hunting the entire ranch unless the owner comes out to shoot a bird or drink a cold refreshing soda roflmao They just finished construction on a new lodge that is top notch. Multiple ponds to evening hunt over, abundant goat weed fields.

The truth about the hunting. I have had barrel burners some years, warm barrels in others. One year we sat on the porch the day before the opener and watched birds pouring into a goat weed field in front of the house. Like a idiot I called some hunter who were coming and told them, get ready we are going to hammer them. The next morning I think they shot a handful of birds. It just be that way sometimes. So know this, it is a great ranch that I have grown up hunting. They went commercial for hunting pigs a few years ago. It is family run and run quite well. Most of their customers now return year after year, the same weekend every year, it is logged into the books as their weekend.

The opener dove weekend is logged in the books as my weekend. I kept it for a family hunt. Well family is family and they tend to drift apart a little bit. My family has experienced a little drift and will not be able to attend. So in order to keep that weekend as my weekend I need a new group.

What is provided is the ranch, lodge, and food. The rancher is as good as they come so far as cooking. He prides his cooking like I pride mine. He will probably put a couple pork butts on the pit for Saturday. Trust this, you aint going to be hungry. This is a family operation. They are old school down home good people that work to provide a service. Their kids work right along side of them. I can't say enough about these people.

If we get enough interest we might can swing a combination hunt as we have had in the past. A combination dove/hog hunt. There is catch and release fishing. My biggest came from the front pond was a 8.5 lb bass.

Last year my wife went and we had a fabulous shoot. This hunt is non-exclusive. That means woman, childrens and your old aunt Sally may attend. My wife will be there. We won't be staying at the lodge, we will be at my cabin on the next ranch over.

I have a call into the rancher now. When he calls back I will have a price set in stone. Recent years the price has been $300. For food lodge and dove. A combo dove/ hog will probably be higher.

You can pm me here. Text me at 713 530 9182 my name is Wayne.

Re: Looking to put a dove hunt together. [Re: wal1809] #5824763 07/09/15 06:12 PM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
I talked to the rancher. The price is $375 per man for a combo dove and hog.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide