Page 1 of 2 1 2
My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) #5790089 06/15/15 07:08 PM
R
Ricochet83 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
R
Well i got there on friday expecting to start hunting on Saturday. Cody calls me when i am in San Antonio and asks if i would like to hunt Friday evening if i get there in time so i said sure. My hunt was booked for Saturday so i thought this was really cool of them to get me in earlier. So i sit Friday night and dont see an axis until cody comes to pick me up and we go check a sim card on the other side of the ranch. Saturday i start hunting with Brandon and i screwed up and took a wrong turn which put us arriving at the ranch right as daylight was coming on. My fault. First off let me say i know Brandon is one of the newer guides but he is a great person and is extremely knowledgeable. But most importantly he is determined. We did not see any axis in the stand on Saturday morning and i feel most guys about 10 or so would have sent me back to the hotel to hang out until the evening hunt. However this is not what brandon did he took me to another ranch where the person in charge of that ranch had seen some big axis and knew where they were bedded up. SO brandon and i sat on a hilltop over looking a draw and the other gentleman (Will) went the extra mile for me and went and walked through the brush to push them or try to towards the draw for a shot. We saw a doe and even though i could shoot a doe and a buck i held off to see if the buck would work his way through. Will put eyes on the buck and and the buck went the right direction however at some point he veered off. We hunted saturday until probably 1230 or so then took a break and got right back at it at 4. Went to another ranch got on a herd however no shot was presented and they hopped a fence which is the challange and fun of low fence hunting. No garuntees and i love it. Thats why they call it hunting and not killing. Stuck around another night and hunted with Brandon again sunday morning and saw one young axis buck at the first ranch so we moved on to another one with rain coming towards us. on the other ranch got on a couple of does and a smaller buck and then the rain really fell so we called it quits. Needless to say i am going back in July and cant wait. These guys are really top notch and a blast to hunt with and hang out with. How many times can you say you got skunked on a guided hunt for the whole weekend and still had the time of your life?

Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5790213 06/15/15 08:32 PM
R
Ricochet83 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
R
So i have received some PM's asking about my experience and whether or not i would recommend hunting with Cody and his guys so ill answer it here. Got skunked for the weekend and still had a great time. They have so many PRIME properties in the arsenal that if we just had a few more things go our way who knows how it would have ended up. But would i recommend them and it is a simple answer. Hell yes i would. I know who i will be hunting with on all my future guided hunts.

Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5790431 06/15/15 11:10 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
As long as you are satisfied that is all that matters. Hunting is not always getting an animal. Sounds like they really tried but sometimes things just don't work out.

Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5790444 06/15/15 11:16 PM
C
Chief Joe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
cheers

"It is the same boiling water that softens the rice, which hardens the egg." It's not always about the circumstances, but what you are made of....
Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5790650 06/16/15 12:58 AM
L
LuckyHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: Ricochet83
Well i got there on friday expecting to start hunting on Saturday. Cody calls me when i am in San Antonio and asks if i would like to hunt Friday evening if i get there in time so i said sure. My hunt was booked for Saturday so i thought this was really cool of them to get me in earlier. So i sit Friday night and dont see an axis until cody comes to pick me up and we go check a sim card on the other side of the ranch. Saturday i start hunting with Brandon and i screwed up and took a wrong turn which put us arriving at the ranch right as daylight was coming on. My fault. First off let me say i know Brandon is one of the newer guides but he is a great person and is extremely knowledgeable. But most importantly he is determined. We did not see any axis in the stand on Saturday morning and i feel most guys about 10 or so would have sent me back to the hotel to hang out until the evening hunt. However this is not what brandon did he took me to another ranch where the person in charge of that ranch had seen some big axis and knew where they were bedded up. SO brandon and i sat on a hilltop over looking a draw and the other gentleman (Will) went the extra mile for me and went and walked through the brush to push them or try to towards the draw for a shot. We saw a doe and even though i could shoot a doe and a buck i held off to see if the buck would work his way through. Will put eyes on the buck and and the buck went the right direction however at some point he veered off. We hunted saturday until probably 1230 or so then took a break and got right back at it at 4. Went to another ranch got on a herd however no shot was presented and they hopped a fence which is the challange and fun of low fence hunting. No garuntees and i love it. Thats why they call it hunting and not killing. Stuck around another night and hunted with Brandon again sunday morning and saw one young axis buck at the first ranch so we moved on to another one with rain coming towards us. on the other ranch got on a couple of does and a smaller buck and then the rain really fell so we called it quits. Needless to say i am going back in July and cant wait. These guys are really top notch and a blast to hunt with and hang out with. How many times can you say you got skunked on a guided hunt for the whole weekend and still had the time of your life?

Great words from a "Hunter" cheers

Last edited by SheepHunter; 06/16/15 12:59 AM.

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5791017 06/16/15 11:23 AM
E
Elkhunter49 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Were you rifle or bow hunting?

A true friend reaches for your hand but touches your heart.
Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5791062 06/16/15 12:26 PM
R
Ricochet83 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
R
Rifle. Only shots that presented themselves would have been chancy at best and being my first axis I wanted to be 100% sure I had good clean shots.

Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5791180 06/16/15 02:02 PM
E
Elkhunter49 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Rifle. Only shots that presented themselves would have been chancy at best and being my first axis I wanted to be 100% sure I had good clean shots.

10-4 on that, great approach to take! Good Luck next month sir. up

Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5791212 06/16/15 02:24 PM
R
Ricochet83 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
R
Thanks i am extremely optimistic that i will be successful next month and walk away with both my animals equaling alot of great meat in the freezer and hopefully a very nice wall ornament for the living room.

Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5791380 06/16/15 04:13 PM
T
texfork Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Hang in there Ricochet , you know they will come through next time . I hope you get something worth the wait .

Prayer is the "ultimate" wireless connection .
Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: LuckyHunter] #5792508 06/17/15 02:27 AM
J
JustCUZ Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: SheepHunter

Great words from a "Hunter" cheers

X10!

Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: JustCUZ] #5793417 06/17/15 05:48 PM
M
Matpk Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
banana
THAT IS WHAT WE CALL HUNTING SPIRIT.

Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5830406 07/13/15 08:53 PM
R
Ricochet83 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
R

Well update. Follow up trip went extremely well. Met Patrick at 430 and drove to the ranch got in the field right at 5 and walking to the stand there was already 25-30 axis in the field so we got up on high ground and watched till they cleared out and we scurried to the stand real quick. Fast forward about 2.5 hours and over 100 axis later a group of bucks comes out and this guy was 3rd in line as soon as i saw him he posed for me and i knew he was the one i wanted. So got the gun up and he was roughly 185 yards away give or take. Was hoping he would stop and give me a good shot but he kept heading for the trees. Gave him a few more steps and squeezed off. Quick and easy track of about 30 yards and there he was. Guadalupe outfitters is the real deal and have excellent properties that are covered up in axis to hunt. Next morning my dad goes out cause i let him take my doe and same thing happened they were already in the field so his hunt lasted all of about 10 minutes and he had his doe great times with great guides and a great outfitter. Cant say enough about these guys. They do their homework thats for sure.

Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5830428 07/13/15 09:07 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
up texas

Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5830449 07/13/15 09:18 PM
E
Elkhunter49 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Great looking buck, well done sir. Thanks for the follow up on the earlier post, I was wondering how you did!

Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5830466 07/13/15 09:28 PM
L
Lazyman Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
L
Very nice congrats

Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5831117 07/14/15 09:46 AM
T
texfork Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Congrats , very good buck .

Prayer is the "ultimate" wireless connection .
Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5831206 07/14/15 12:37 PM
J
John Humbert Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Ok dammit - I'm going with them this weekend. Gonna let my Daughter hunt our place in Boerne all to herself (she likes it better that way), and I'm going to head down the road to hunt with Guadalupe.

Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5831217 07/14/15 12:47 PM
R
Ricochet83 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
R
John you will not be disappointed. There ranches are thick thick thick with axis right now.

Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: John Humbert] #5831307 07/14/15 01:58 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: John Humbert
Ok dammit - I'm going with them this weekend. Gonna let my Daughter hunt our place in Boerne all to herself (she likes it better that way), and I'm going to head down the road to hunt with Guadalupe.

Awesome! I'm ready for more of your pics and write-ups!

Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5831446 07/14/15 03:43 PM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Your getting me fired up, it's 73 days now. I'm not really counting days, but I have every 15 days marked, to keep me motivated on my work outs. A series of minor physical problems has me way out of shape.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5831484 07/14/15 04:00 PM
Guadalupe Outfitters Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Thank you Ricochet83! Being as I don't get out in the field I loved reading your story! Thanks for the shout out. And we are ready for John this weekend... I'm sure you got him all fired up now...:)). And nsmike is in training for his hunting excursion! The enthusiasm is contagious....and I'm smiling as I'm typing this. You guys make it feel like Christmas every day. I really enjoy being a part of your experiences.
Diane

Diane Reiner Sodoro
Guadalupe Outfitters
Hunt Coordinator
281-723-9989
Diane.guadalupeoutfitters@gmail.com
Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5831568 07/14/15 05:14 PM
R
Ricochet83 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
R
Ill be back before to long we are getting alot of Ice Machines in. bolt
Im sure Brandon isnt going to be very excited about giving that one up so maybe ill get lucky. Cody may need a Margarita Machine for the house. Diane you may as well ha ha ha

Last edited by Ricochet83; 07/14/15 05:16 PM.

Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5831599 07/14/15 05:34 PM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
I need the workouts after dealing with hip peoblems last year. My goals are relatively modest 4mile walks in 60 minutes and building up to 4 miles with a 40lb weight vest. The troublesome tendon has to be worked around carefully or I'll be back to not being able to walk a mile without pain. I do the 4 miles in 67 minutes and am up to 1.5 miles with the vest. I do the walks without pain and alternate workouts.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: My Review of Guadalupe Outfitters (C3 Guide) [Re: Ricochet83] #5832399 07/15/15 02:19 AM
T
Temple Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Congrats!! Cody takes care of you that is for sure. I will be booking another hunt with them next spring to do another axis and turkey hunt. Glad it worked out for you!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide