Page 1 of 2 1 2
bad experience with budsgunshop #5782498 06/10/15 04:00 PM
H
hagop Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
H
Just want to share my experience with using BudsGunShop on a recent purchase. Mods please delete or move if this post is not appropriate here. I recently purchased a Remington 700 SPS MOBU from Budsguns. When I went to my FFL to pick up my gun I opened the box took a look at the gun signed my paperwork and headed home. Once I got home I set the gun in the gun safe and ordered a new trigger for it, which I knew was a modification I wanted to make. Once the trigger came in, I brought the gun and trigger to my gunsmith who is a friend of mine to have the trigger installed. He called me a couple hours later and asked me why I ordered a youth model gun when he knows I'm a big guy and don’t have kids that I would have purchased this for. After further investigation I found out Buds did indeed send me a compact model opposed to the model I ordered. At that point I went to see if I accidently ordered the wrong gun, or if I was sent the wrong gun. All my paperwork showed I ordered a normal 700 SPS. I called Buds to see if I could exchange the gun for the gun I actually ordered they said no. They admitted to sending me the compact model and not the model I ordered yet they would not let me exchange it. I'll take fault for not checking the gun out more extensively when I picked it up but I was pretty disappointed to find out they would not let me exchange the gun even though they made the mistake and sent me the wrong one. Any who, just wanted to share my frustration with other hunters! Once again, Mods feel free to delete or move if this is out of line.
Thanks!

Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5782504 06/10/15 04:05 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
So they admitted to the mistake but refused to fix it? I'd contact your CC company and have them do a stop payment if it's not too late, then tell Bud's they need to pay for return shipping if they want their gun back. File a claim with BBB, they have a lot of pull and will actually work on your behalf to make the situation right. I haven't heard anything good from Bud's, except they have good prices.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5782523 06/10/15 04:12 PM
S
SingleShot85 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
I've ordered 2 guns from Buds w/o incident, but dang sucks to get the wrong gun.... look on the bright side now you have a great reason to ditch the crappy sps stock and get a Manners or Mcmillian and have a proper rifle... good thing is its an easy and can be an inexpensive fix.....

Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5782556 06/10/15 04:27 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
The few purchases I've made at Bud's have gone flawless from stem to stern...but Doubting Thomas that I am, I double check the product - and have the FFL Transfer Agent receiving the gun go over it also to see if I've over looked anything too. I do this with EVERY gun, scope, reloading supplies & boots I buy on line.

FWIW Just a word here about buying boots from Danner - LaCrosse and the Free Return Shipping w/ a tracking # via UPS on The Break Room closeout sales...outstanding no muss no fuss Customer Service experience when I decided they dinnit fit like I wanted them to.

As I understand it, you only have the one chance - at the point of Transfer - to refuse acceptance. So far I'm batting a 1000 with Bud's and couple guys off GB from Mississippi.

Keep us posted on the CC Leverage idea, and whatever hoops you have to go thru.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5782613 06/10/15 04:55 PM
H
hagop Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
H
Buds waited for payment to clear before gun was even shipped. So stop payment wasn't an option. I like the BBB idea though! I might just have to do that.
My buddy has a stock that he is going to give me so I'll probably just swap them out on and move on with life. Even though it wont be the camo stock I wanted, or the barrel length I wanted. I just know my next gun purchase will not be made through Buds.

Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5782648 06/10/15 05:10 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
I'm pretty sure somewhere in their terms and conditions it says something about inspecting gun before taking delivery, once the paperwork is done I don't think they can take it back because it is no longer in their name. However they should refund you the difference in the two rifles.

Doesn't make it right but legally they are covered. Always make sure you inspect online gun purchases before taking possession just like going to academy and buying a gun or ammo no returns.

[Linked Image]

Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5782715 06/10/15 05:43 PM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Call and raise so much hell that they'll do whatever it takes to make you go away. If they don't budge then blast them of every form of social media possible and send them links to your postings. I'd also file complaints with BBB.

I can tell you many company's today monitor negative social media feedback, so you may get lucky. I'd also figure out a middle ground settlement that works for you and them. Maybe you ask them to give you an upgraded full size stock or refund part of he charge.

Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: bigjoe8565] #5782753 06/10/15 06:02 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565
Call and raise so much hell that they'll do whatever it takes to make you go away. If they don't budge then blast them of every form of social media possible and send them links to your postings. I'd also file complaints with BBB.

I can tell you many company's today monitor negative social media feedback, so you may get lucky. I'd also figure out a middle ground settlement that works for you and them. Maybe you ask them to give you an upgraded full size stock or refund part of he charge.

Yep, I ordered a part for my swimming pool equipment awhile ago and when it arrived i realized I had ordered the wrong model #. Immediatly contacted the company via their online chat and explained what happened and asked for return instructions. Was told there was a 10% restocking fee along with a large shipping fee. I said I just wanted to swap it for the correct one and I had been a loyal custumer for years. Was told that was the way it is. I needed the part so I agreed. Anyway's, later I received an email asking for "my opionion" on my recent purchase and I used that moment to state that even though I made the mistake, they could take into account a customers loyalty and waive the restocking fee. Not 10 minutes later I received an email from an Online Customer Service Rep stating that; yes I was a loyal customer and they were refunding the restocking fee, shipping the returned item back for free, and sending my correct item to me with free shipping. Now that's customer service!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5782758 06/10/15 06:11 PM
R
rentzington Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
i had something similar happen at an online retailer that I wont mention, they ordered the pistol for me and called when it was in...i went inspected signed the paperwork and left.

Got home and realized I got one of the ban state models with 10 round magazines, never did it occur to me to check the magazines. I called the store and they checked the systems completely showed i got a standard 15rd model and returning it would have been an option but meant filling out transfer paperwork to bring it back under their name and in their inventory...they gave me an alternative and sent me 1 15rd magazine no charge which seemed fair enough.

Buds SHOULD make this right for you, they admitted fault and should fix the issue....I'd escalate with their CS and try and speak with someone higher, if it were me I'd even offer to pickup the tab on return shipping as a gesture since yes you did accept the delivery.

Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5782761 06/10/15 06:12 PM
M
Marc K Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Your credit card company will back you.
Simply file a statement with them, explaining that you didn't receive what you ordered - and they won't work with you.

I've seen it done many times, as much as a year later.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5782812 06/10/15 06:38 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
I think once you moved foward with the transfer there is nothing they can do...the gun is now registered to you and not them. At least that is the impression I've always been under.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: KRoyal] #5782817 06/10/15 06:41 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: KRoyal
I'm pretty sure somewhere in their terms and conditions it says something about inspecting gun before taking delivery, once the paperwork is done I don't think they can take it back because it is no longer in their name. However they should refund you the difference in the two rifles.

Doesn't make it right but legally they are covered. Always make sure you inspect online gun purchases before taking possession just like going to academy and buying a gun or ammo no returns.

X2

Ive had good dealings with buds. They make it very clear to inspect it before you receive it from your FFL.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: KRoyal] #5782834 06/10/15 06:52 PM
C
Colt W. Knight Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C

^ This. both parties made a mistake. They sent the wrong gun, and you accepted the wrong gun. If the firearm you accepted costs less than the one you bought, I think Buds should return the difference. As for returning or exchanging the rifle, I think your SOL.

Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: KRoyal] #5782859 06/10/15 07:15 PM
C
Choctaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

From their website.

VERY IMPORTANT - FIREARM RETURNS !! Please take your time to inspect all firearms thoroughly BEFORE proceeding with the transfer. Once a new firearm is transfered to you it is considered used, even if unfired. Consequently, we cannot provide a full refund for new firearms once they have been transferred into your possession. Also, we DO NOT reimburse FFL transfer fees on returned items. We do understand that some manufacturer defects may not be identifiable upon initial inspection. However, upon discovering a defect AFTER the transfer, the firearm MUST be returned directly to the manufacturer for replacement or repair(in accordance with manufacturers warranty policy). By sending a defective firearm directly to the manufacturer, you can avoid the unnecessary transfer fees of returning the firearm to us through your local FFL dealer. If we do receive a defective firearm that has already been transfered, we will simply forward the firearm to the manufacturer on your behalf. Manufacturer repaired firearms can be returned directly to the customer without additional FFL transfer or associated fees. However, if the manufacturer chooses to replace the firearm, the replacement firearm must transfer through your local FFL dealer to document the replacement firearm serial number.

Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: Choctaw] #5782896 06/10/15 07:34 PM
A
Armalite260 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: Choctaw

From their website.

VERY IMPORTANT - FIREARM RETURNS !! Please take your time to inspect all firearms thoroughly BEFORE proceeding with the transfer. Once a new firearm is transfered to you it is considered used, even if unfired. Consequently, we cannot provide a full refund for new firearms once they have been transferred into your possession. Also, we DO NOT reimburse FFL transfer fees on returned items. We do understand that some manufacturer defects may not be identifiable upon initial inspection. However, upon discovering a defect AFTER the transfer, the firearm MUST be returned directly to the manufacturer for replacement or repair(in accordance with manufacturers warranty policy). By sending a defective firearm directly to the manufacturer, you can avoid the unnecessary transfer fees of returning the firearm to us through your local FFL dealer. If we do receive a defective firearm that has already been transfered, we will simply forward the firearm to the manufacturer on your behalf. Manufacturer repaired firearms can be returned directly to the customer without additional FFL transfer or associated fees. However, if the manufacturer chooses to replace the firearm, the replacement firearm must transfer through your local FFL dealer to document the replacement firearm serial number.

He's not asking for a refund, just an exchange. I'd keep going up the chain until they go so sick of me I'd get what I wanted. Squeaky awheel gets the grease.

Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: Armalite260] #5782902 06/10/15 07:38 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted By: BowTech82ndAB
Originally Posted By: Choctaw

From their website.

He's not asking for a refund, just an exchange. I'd keep going up the chain until they go so sick of me I'd get what I wanted. Squeaky awheel gets the grease.

They can not exchange a used firearm. As soon as he did the paperwork and took possession of the gun he is now the owner no gun store will exchange a firearm that has been transferred to a customer.

[Linked Image]

Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5782912 06/10/15 07:42 PM
P_102 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
No exchange...but they can certainly work out a deal on a trade. I've traded with dealers several times.
Bottom line, if they wanted to make it right they could.

P_102

Last edited by P_102; 06/10/15 07:43 PM.

Do not trifle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5783205 06/10/15 10:45 PM
P
pitbill Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
P
I've ordered 7 guns from Buds over the last 3 yrs- never a problem, but i do a in depth inspection of the gun BEFORE i sign the transfer form. If Buds took it back, they'd have to sell the gun as used- both parties made mistakes, and Buds should try to work something out with you.

Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5783291 06/10/15 11:50 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Dude you F'd up, how the heck could you miss the stock being too short??

Like someone said up top, order an aftermarket stock the factory stock sux

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5783460 06/11/15 01:17 AM
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
Wow I am surprised that you had this problem. The fact that they admitted sending a different firearm than what you ordered puts it squarely on them and they need to make it right. I know from personnel experience that it is hard to tell a youth model from a regular model in the box. Need to speak to someone high up at Buds. They really need to make this right!

Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5783479 06/11/15 01:32 AM
C
charlesb Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
The shipping clerk at Bud's mis-read the label on the end of the box. - That's his mistake. - Or possibly the label was in error, a problem from Remington, not Bud's.

You did not examine the gun at the FFL before signing for it. - That's your negligence.

If you had done your part, the error on Bud's (or Remington's) end could have been corrected quickly and amicably.

I'd just buy an aftermarket stock if I were you, put the short stock on an auction site to recover some of the expense, and chalk it up to experience.

If my negligence made a big problem out of a little one, which is apparently the case here - I would accept my part of the responsibility for the SNAFU and act accordingly. Bad-mouthing Buds in public would not be part of my agenda, not at all. I'd just man up and handle it.

But that's just me...

Last edited by charlesb; 06/11/15 01:33 AM.

Kind regards, charlesb

Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5783487 06/11/15 01:38 AM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Get them to give you as much credit as possible. Even get them to throw in some extra stuff that you can use.
Then sell the gun and go buy the one you really want. You may/will loose a few dollars in the deal, but you will get the rifle that you were looking for.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5783686 06/11/15 02:53 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
To the OP, I have a camo SPS stock on mine now if you're interested in it. I'm gonna end up with a different stock soon anyways.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5783731 06/11/15 03:31 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
Yep - BGS can't take back a gun as "new" that's been registered to an owner. What if you committed a crime with the gun and then returned it? The only registered owner would be the next person that bought it.

However, BGS could make it right if they wanted. They could take back the youth model and sell it as a used gun on their end (giving you full credit back and knowing they'd lose money), and ship the correct gun to you. But an "exchange" isn't possible. You'll have to trade it in.

I've had a couple purchases from them with no issues, but that really stinks that they flat out sent the wrong gun. I would continue to make a stink about it til they made it right. If you get someone who says "I can't do that", then just be asked to be transferred to their boss. There is someone at the company who can do it. You're just not talking to them because you're not being firm/rude enough. You have to be rude with CS reps sometimes unfortunately.

Re: bad experience with budsgunshop [Re: hagop] #5783772 06/11/15 04:31 AM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
This is the danger in buying online. IMO their disclaimer is very clear and you accepted the merchandise. I bet you weren't badmouthing the good price you got before this happened, were you?

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide