Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5779541 - 06/08/15 05:06 PM Toughest Decision I have made
BuffaloSpringsRD Offline
Woodsman

Loc: The Colony
Gentlemen,

I found out in early March that I am going to be a first time father, and found out last week it is going to be a little girl. Words can not describe the amount of joy my heart is filled with.

This is where the short story gets difficult. Just a few weeks before finding out we were pregnant I got a AKC Yellow/Red Lab. She is a great dog and would have been a great hunting buddy. However with the news of the baby I do not have the financial ability to send her to get trained, or the time to train her myself and do it properly. She is house broken, crate trained, sit, stay, and I taught her shake for my better half. She is 6 months old in 2 days has her shots up until 6 months and I have her papers to be filled out. It is tough for me to do but it will be best for the dog and me at this time.

At this time I am looking to sell her, knowing it isnt an easy task with her being 6 months old. I bought her for $750 from Jett Park Labradors in Red Oak Texas.

I am asking for $500 for her and all of her things: Kennel, bed, whatever food I have left (3/4 of a 50LB Blue Puppy) as well as the Teal throw dummy I have.

Thank you for reading and please do not hesitate to call, text or email the contact information below if you have any questions or need further information.

David McMinimy
mcminimyd@gmail.com

#5779694 - 06/08/15 06:37 PM Re: Toughest Decision I have made [Re: BuffaloSpringsRD]
bobcat1 Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Sanger, Texas
Good looking pup. She will sell soon.

#5780300 - 06/09/15 07:55 AM Re: Toughest Decision I have made [Re: BuffaloSpringsRD]
birddown Offline
Light Foot

Loc: Cove Tx
PM sent

#5780341 - 06/09/15 08:24 AM Re: Toughest Decision I have made [Re: BuffaloSpringsRD]
Gdogg Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Liberty Hill
That had to be a really tough decision, but a very smart one. Until you can dedicate the time to train or pay to have someone train your dog, I feel it's best to wait. She sure is a cutey and I'm sure will find a good home. Congratulations to you and your wife!

#5780470 - 06/09/15 09:15 AM Re: Toughest Decision I have made [Re: BuffaloSpringsRD]
BuffaloSpringsRD Offline
Woodsman

Loc: The Colony
Birddown,

I do not have a PM in my inbox. Feel free to email or call me.

David

#5780625 - 06/09/15 10:39 AM Re: Toughest Decision I have made [Re: BuffaloSpringsRD]
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Temple, TX
I think you are overreacting saying you don't have time to train her. If you want to do it you could. If you need the money then that's another story. I've got two kids and yes having a little baby is life changing and demanding but it doesn't mean your life comes to a total halt...you can still make time for other things. Like I said there....you have MAKE time. Congrats and good luck.

Dear Lord please bullwhip me for saying this but I agree, Marcstar is in the lead. Please nobody use this as a quote!!!

#5780650 - 06/09/15 10:54 AM Re: Toughest Decision I have made [Re: Marcstar]
Gdogg Offline
Extreme Tracker

Originally Posted By: Marcstar
I think you are overreacting saying you don't have time to train her. If you want to do it you could. If you need the money then that's another story. I've got two kids and yes having a little baby is life changing and demanding but it doesn't mean your life comes to a total halt...you can still make time for other things. Like I said there....you have MAKE time. Congrats and good luck.

How many hunting dogs have you trained?

#5780663 - 06/09/15 11:01 AM Re: Toughest Decision I have made [Re: BuffaloSpringsRD]
BDB Offline
Bird Dog

"I think you are overreacting saying you don't have time to train her. If you want to do it you could. If you need the money then that's another story. I've got two kids and yes having a little baby is life changing and demanding but it doesn't mean your life comes to a total halt...you can still make time for other things. Like I said there....you have MAKE time. Congrats and good luck."

I agree. I have 4 kids. Youngest is now 18. The first couple years of life a baby/toddler is cheap. They eat and sleep alot early on. Momma has the reins for the most part.....unless you can figure out how to breast feed! They start getting expensive around middle school/ high school. Mom has most influence early in life. Dad's influence kicks in real good around 3-4 years old.

#5780670 - 06/09/15 11:07 AM Re: Toughest Decision I have made [Re: BuffaloSpringsRD]
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: North Texas - God's Country
Keep the dog. The baby will love the dog, the dog will be the baby's best friend.

I have a short attention spa

#5780693 - 06/09/15 11:23 AM Re: Toughest Decision I have made [Re: Gdogg]
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Originally Posted By: Gdogg
Originally Posted By: Marcstar

How many hunting dogs have you trained?

First off I'm not trying to be a dick with my comment...I've seen way too many guys freak out before they have kids and pretty much disappear...quit organizations they are involved with etc....they show back up later and only then they understand. But Gary, you know the answer to that jerky...but I think the point is I have two kids...I understand what kind of commitment raising kids involves but I also understand that the world does not stop when the baby comes. I'm a big believe in being a master of our own time. It's amazing how busy people say they always are but in reality people have more free time for leisure than people have every had in history. It doesn't mean you can still do everything it just means you have to budget your time, prioritize, and make cuts where needed.

Dear Lord please bullwhip me for saying this but I agree, Marcstar is in the lead. Please nobody use this as a quote!!!

#5780713 - 06/09/15 11:33 AM Re: Toughest Decision I have made [Re: Marcstar]
Gdogg Offline
Extreme Tracker

Jerky? Because I call you out punk azz.

You know absolutely nothing about what is involved in training a sound hunting dog. How much time do you think is involved in properly training a dog? No clue.

#5780760 - 06/09/15 12:05 PM Re: Toughest Decision I have made [Re: BuffaloSpringsRD]
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

I'm sure whatever answer I provide will be wrong in your eyes Gary. Not sure why my comment got you so fired up. I'm actually trying to be helpful...let the guy keep his dog and have a family at the same time...is that wrong??
But I'll play...aside from the normal pet care things you would do with a dog (feeding, walks, bathing, cleaning up after, etc) I would think if you actually put in a solid 30 mins to an hour a day with a puppy on actual training you'd be in good shape and I bet that's probably more than a lot of guys actually do. I mean are we talking a hunting dog or taking them to events...there's a difference.

Now please provide me with the Gary expert training guide.

#5780839 - 06/09/15 12:47 PM Re: Toughest Decision I have made [Re: BuffaloSpringsRD]
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: North Texas - God's Country
popcorn

I have a short attention spa

#5780862 - 06/09/15 01:02 PM Re: Toughest Decision I have made [Re: BuffaloSpringsRD]
Harrier Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: San Antonio
Maybe you guys should argue less about what it takes to be a good dog trainer, and more about what it takes to be a good father. Just sayin'.

#5780892 - 06/09/15 01:14 PM Re: Toughest Decision I have made [Re: Gdogg]
john paul Offline
Tracker

Loc: lubbock, beaumont, where the b...
Originally Posted By: Gdogg
Jerky? Because I call you out punk azz.

You know absolutely nothing about what is involved in training a sound hunting dog. How much time do you think is involved in properly training a dog? No clue.

Not meaning to get in the middle of y'alls argument but I trained my dog completely by myself and probably spent an average of 20 minutes a day or a little over 2 hours a week for the first 6 months of his life and then after that probably went down to an hour a week, 20 minutes 3 times a week. He got his senior hunter in 5/6 tests and passed his first master I put him in with no problem. So it really is not that much time in my opinion but to some people that may be too much.

To the OP, good luck on finding a good home for the pup!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide