Re: Open carry sightings [Re: krmitchell] #6314149 05/28/16 06:03 AM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
Guess I'm one of those d-bags who has on occasion OC'd while wearing business casual home from work.

^^^^^^^^ Yep me too. wink

Glad someone called it to my attention though. Of all the things I KNOW I AM....I never knew I was a D-Bag.

So...I guess its true: "You're never too old to learn".

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Open carry sightings [Re: flintknapper] #6314163 05/28/16 09:36 AM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: flintknapper
Originally Posted By: RedRanger
I saw my first one yesterday evening in Frisco. Some douche had it showing on his side,

So any person choosing to open carry is a "douche" in your mind? Wow...!

No tany person, This guy fit the description perfectly.

I noticed he was looking around to see if anyone was paying attention to him, DB move..............

Re: Open carry sightings [Re: RedRanger] #6315110 05/29/16 02:05 PM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I saw my first one yesterday evening in Frisco. Some douche had it showing on his side,

I noticed he was looking around to see if anyone was paying attention to him, DB move..............

So, now you're saying you know his 'motives' too? Is it possible you just witnessed what is called 'Situational Awareness' (being aware of your surroundings), even if none too discreet?

We can surmise from the content of your original post...that you disagree with OC. That is your prerogative, but I guess I don't understand your intolerance for the legal activity of a fellow gun-owner? If YOU choose never to OC fine. But there is no reason to disparage those who do.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Open carry sightings [Re: flintknapper] #6316833 05/31/16 05:00 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

So, now you're saying you know his 'motives' too? Is it possible you just witnessed what is called 'Situational Awareness' (being aware of your surroundings), even if none too discreet?

We can surmise from the content of your original post...that you disagree with OC. That is your prerogative, but I guess I don't understand your intolerance for the legal activity of a fellow gun-owner? If YOU choose never to OC fine. But there is no reason to disparage those who do.

First: I'd like to say sinners have nothing to fear anymore. RedRanger and I agree on something so hell has frozen over. Second: So you don't understand the intolerance for the legal activity of a fellow gun owner. Apparently he believes the same as I do that people who feel the need to walk around in an urban environment with an exposed firearm are doing it because they want to show other people they have a gun on them.

I have been carrying a handgun concealed on me for 21 years because I have to as a requirement of my employment and because I feel that being armed is safer that not. I have never felt the desire to wear it in the open because I have nothing to prove and because I believe it's tactically unsound to do so. There are multiple ways of carrying concealed and still wear most any clothing one would desire.

I equate carrying an exposed firearm in an urban environment the same as the guy who sits on his very loud and obnoxious motorcycle racking the pipes as loud as he can. He is emotionally immature, feels inadequate and tries to make up for it by trying to look like the bad [censored] that he really knows he is not.

This makes responsible gun owners who have no social insecurity issues angry because it makes us all look bad in the eyes of the general public.

Re: Open carry sightings [Re: hovercat] #6317947 06/01/16 12:42 AM
Superduty Offline
"The Regulator"
"The Regulator"
Ntxtrapper,....

Everyone is is entitled to an opinion....and well you know how that goes.

Been carrying concealed for almost 20 years as well, daily. "Tactically unsound".,,,,just a small scenario, I am standing in line at a convience store, bank or whatever and bad guy comes in, casing the place to rob, but sees someone with a gun IN THE OPEN, he/ she decides to not peruse his plan there...he/she is there for the money not a fight...but you have every scenario figured out.

Don't judge, you are not the all knowing....Leo. Maybe there are scenarios, comfortable wise you wish to carry openly and you can't...do not be jealous. It's out if your hands. Open your mind...crispy?

Ain't America great..DO NOT TELL ME MY WHAT IS AND WRONG IN YOUR EYES.., ESPECIALLY, when it is my right and it is legal.

There are a lot of times I am wearing professional attire, slacks shirt and tie, no jacket, because it is not a suit and I go to th store on the way home, to the mall to run errands...but I should not carry for my safety because it is not proper?? Open your mind please....not every scenarios is how you perceive it,,..I will say one more time...crispy? I know you know what that mean,...I hope. Next word is Critter.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Superduty; 06/01/16 12:55 AM.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Open carry sightings [Re: hovercat] #6317994 06/01/16 01:14 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I can open carry anywhere in the United States including on a commercial airplane but choose not to for the reasons I listed.

Quote: DO NOT TELL ME MY WHAT IS AND WRONG IN YOUR EYES.., ESPECIALLY, when it is my right and it is legal.

Actually the 1st amendment, that's the one before the 2nd, lets me do just that. If you want to look like a fool who is insecure and want to play cowboy and indians in a public place you can. I can also legally say anything about it on a public forum as well as point and laugh at you in any public place. By God America is great isn't it?

Re: Open carry sightings [Re: ntxtrapper] #6318008 06/01/16 01:25 AM
Superduty Offline
"The Regulator"
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted By: ntxtrapper
I can open carry anywhere in the United States including on a commercial airplane but choose not to for the reasons I listed.

Quote: DO NOT TELL ME MY WHAT IS AND WRONG IN YOUR EYES.., ESPECIALLY, when it is my right and it is legal.

Actually the 1st amendment, that's the one before the 2nd, lets me do just that. If you want to look like a fool who is insecure and want to play cowboy and indians in a public place you can. I can also legally say anything about it on a public forum as well as point and laugh at you in any public place. By God America is great isn't it?

Again, Google crispy critter.

Now your arguing on weather you can voice your freedom of speech, but you already knew that, it just that your facts are not valid.

Rock on, be safe but open your mind.

Respectfully,

Re: Open carry sightings [Re: hovercat] #6318023 06/01/16 01:36 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I never said anything was a fact, just my opinion and the opinion of the vast majority of people in the world. You rock on too just remember that people are laughing at you for your need to show everyone you have a gun.

Re: Open carry sightings [Re: ntxtrapper] #6318027 06/01/16 01:39 AM
Superduty Offline
"The Regulator"
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted By: ntxtrapper
I never said anything was a fact, just my opinion and the opinion of the vast majority of people in the world. You rock on too just remember that people are laughing at you for your need to show everyone you have a gun.

Again, it's not a need....wow.

There is no good people in your view,....crispy?

Re: Open carry sightings [Re: hovercat] #6318198 06/01/16 04:27 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
in·se·cu·ri·ty

noun: insecurity; plural noun: insecurities

1.uncertainty or anxiety about oneself; lack of confidence.

Re: Open carry sightings [Re: hovercat] #6318254 06/01/16 11:07 AM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Wow.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Open carry sightings [Re: hovercat] #6318404 06/01/16 02:01 PM
K
kmkellar Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/)

a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

see also: ntxtrapper

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."  -- George Washington
Re: Open carry sightings [Re: hovercat] #6322286 06/04/16 12:41 PM
topwater13 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Ok....back on topic....I was in a certain catfish restaurant last night. In walks an older couple with what appears to be their son....early 20's I am guessing...bare with me here....Bad Lyle Lovett haircut, fitted black shirt, skinny'ish black jeans, black shoes, and BIG black hoop things in his ears(not hanging)....I think they are called gauged ears or something. Anyway, he could have used these things for hulahoops. Add to that all star attire a leather brown, double mag shoulder holster snugly fitted across his beanpole frame. I think he was going for the Hitman look sans the suit. He kind of reminded me of those weird brothers on that Alaskan Bush people show.

I have a pic but idk if I should post.....

Re: Open carry sightings [Re: topwater13] #6323378 06/05/16 11:32 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: topwater13
Ok....back on topic....I was in a certain catfish restaurant last night. In walks an older couple with what appears to be their son....early 20's I am guessing...bare with me here....Bad Lyle Lovett haircut, fitted black shirt, skinny'ish black jeans, black shoes, and BIG black hoop things in his ears(not hanging)....I think they are called gauged ears or something. Anyway, he could have used these things for hulahoops. Add to that all star attire a leather brown, double mag shoulder holster snugly fitted across his beanpole frame. I think he was going for the Hitman look sans the suit. He kind of reminded me of those weird brothers on that Alaskan Bush people show.

I have a pic but idk if I should post.....

If he is so proud of his accomplishment to carry a firearm like that I'm sure he wouldn't mind you posting the pic of him.

Re: Open carry sightings [Re: flintknapper] #6323531 06/05/16 02:15 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

I have no issues with OC, I doubt I would ever do it, I think concealed is the way to go.

The douche in question intentions for him carrying OC was simply for attention......

Re: Open carry sightings [Re: hovercat] #6327338 06/08/16 03:50 AM
Wburke2010 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Saw a guy tonight in the Mexican place near my house. Most people probably wouldn't even have seen his gun. I only noticed because he walked right in front of me when I was siting down. First one I have seen I oc.

Walter

MW Ranch Services
903-303-4523
Metal buildings, welding, equipment repair, dirt work
Re: Open carry sightings [Re: hovercat] #6329567 06/09/16 10:52 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I saw a guy a couple weekends ago walk into a restaurant that my family and I were eating in. Bright pink golf shirt, with a black holster and full frame Glock held up by a black belt. He was literally screaming "LOOK AT ME!!" Kept turning in circles and pretending to talk to people in his group to make sure everyone could see it.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Open carry sightings [Re: hovercat] #6330893 06/11/16 02:34 AM
N
norm762 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
N
You can lead a horse to water,
but there ain't no cure for stupid.

Re: Open carry sightings [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #6331270 06/11/16 05:07 PM
T
TFF Caribou Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER
I saw a guy a couple weekends ago walk into a restaurant that my family and I were eating in. Bright pink golf shirt, with a black holster and full frame Glock held up by a black belt. He was literally screaming "LOOK AT ME!!" Kept turning in circles and pretending to talk to people in his group to make sure everyone could see it.

Was he literally screaming look at me? Or figuratively?

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: Open carry sightings [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #6331311 06/11/16 05:45 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Did your head literally explode?

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Open carry sightings [Re: Cast] #6332899 06/13/16 01:35 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Cast

Did your head literally explode?

Ok Internet grammar police, let me restate. He was figuratively screaming, but my head did literally explode into a migraine from both the pistol and the loud pink shirt. roflmao

By chance was it one of you 2? grin

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Open carry sightings [Re: hovercat] #6761554 05/11/17 09:44 PM
M
Mickey Moose Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Saw my first open carry this afternoon. I think the shirt was a Garland Police Academy polo. Regardless, it was untucked so it was pulled up and behind the grip to show it. Some sort of semi-auto in an outer-waste-band holster.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide