Print Thread
Searching for a YEAR ROUND HUNTING LEASE - PLUS! #5752200 05/20/15 04:39 PM
T
TexanSince1829 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
T
After 22 years, we are in search of a new lease; our landowner passed away this winter and the heirs are selling the property.

We are a small group of 6 close friends, we are all professionals, in our late 40s, early 50s, and are in search of a long term relationship. We would like an exclusive year round hunting lease of at least 800-1000 acres and would maybe consider something larger. We have a great recommendation from our current landowner. We do not need much, as they only provided us a meter pole for electricity, and so we have everything else we could need. We would love water, but it is not even required, we have been in a dry camp for 22 years, have perfected the burn and bury, and bring our own water. Our current landowner put us in a pasture he had not leased for years, but later stated that he had never seen as much or large of animals until we began hunting there.

We are a responsible group that shoots more video than we do animals. We have ATVs for getting around. We have stands, feeder panels, and feeders. On our current deer lease, we have been feeding about 8 tons of corn from the feedstore in Menard, Texas, from nine different feeders. We are good about texting before we get there and texting upon our departure. We would love something on the western edge of the Edwards Plateau. We are currently on FM 2084 south of Christoval in Schleicher County and would love to stay close to here if possible, but are open and we are also looking in Sutton, Menard, Kimble, Mason, McCullouch, Concho, Tom Green, Coke, San Saba, Llano, Kerr, Edwards, Val Verde, Kinney, Uvalde, Medina, Bandera, Real, Lampasas, Coryell, Hamilton, Mills, and Bell counties. We desire deer and turkey, and would love dove too, but it is not that important.

Our deer camp has consisted of one 12'x24' portable building (our main bunk house), one 20'x8'x8' cargo container (our garage for ATVs), one 16'x7'x14' portable building (another garage for ATVs), one 16'x7'x14' portable building (single bunk house), three travel trailers (one 34', one 19', and one 14'), 11 stands (but were only using 9), 13 feeders (but were only using 9), feeder panels to go around feeders with T-posts, pallets for around camp, a swing set to hang and clean animals, 2 BBQ smokers, 1 charcoal grill, one gas grill, wooden tables for around camp, benches, a shower, and an outhouse. Plus we have two ATVs, 1 Kawasaki Mule, 2 Polaris Rangers, 1 Gas Golf Cart to use as transportation on the lease as needed.

(EXTRAS WE OFFER)
One of our members owns a 4-bedroom house in Colorado, and according to one, it is located in the most Authentic, Small Town in America. This home is a historic landmark that sits on a ridge that overlooks a beautiful mountain lake and this picturesque mountain town. This home is right in the Rocky Mountains, with the town serving as the western gateway into the Rocky Mountain National Park. This place is just stunning, with so many activities to do, both in the summer and winter. The same member also owns a two-bedroom fishing-cabin on upper Lake Livingston / Trinity River with a small boat for fishing. He would share both with the right landowner who will allow us access to their property to hunt at a reasonable rate.

If you have something to offer and would like to visit further, please send an email to TexanTraveler@yahoo.com. Also, if you notice our screen name, it is because one of our members knows a lot about his family history. They have one part of the family that arrived into Texas on December 31, 1829 and were part of Stephen F. Austin's second colony. Another was a captain in the Texas Rangers and fought the Indians near Burnet, Texas. Another part of his family is related to Sam Houston. Plus, he has an uncle in the NFL Hall of Fame. So we are long time Texas folks, from a good family, and are hoping to meet someone who will lease us their land that is very much the same type of folks.

Re: Searching for a YEAR ROUND HUNTING LEASE - PLUS! [Re: TexanSince1829] #5752258 05/20/15 05:13 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Texan, good luck to you and your crew on finding something. Seems like you all bring quite a bit of stuff with you all, that may be my only word of advice - to keep some of that out of the upfront conversation. Mention it when the timing is right and accommodations and what not are discussed.

Re: Searching for a YEAR ROUND HUNTING LEASE - PLUS! [Re: TexanSince1829] #5753969 05/21/15 06:13 PM
T
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
T
Mr Kid:

Thanks for providing the input, I always appreciate helpful feedback. Unfortunately, my post was edited by one of the Moderators and I no longer find any way to edit my original thoughts. However, after your suggestion, I was going to work in that we are willing to bring, all, some, or none of our current equipment, depending on the situation. When I made the original post, I was thinking, just say it like it is. Also, I thought adding a picture might help.

I would also add that the amount of land we had was perfect based the topography and number of game animals we had; and understand more land could be required based on that location.

Hope all your hunts are safe, fun, and memorable. Good luck and safe travels.

Last edited by TexanSince1829; 05/21/15 09:01 PM.
Re: Searching for a YEAR ROUND HUNTING LEASE - PLUS! [Re: TexanSince1829] #5766299 05/30/15 04:24 PM
J
just do it Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
How much do you want to spend? I have spots open on my lease in coke county.

Re: Searching for a YEAR ROUND HUNTING LEASE - PLUS! [Re: TexanSince1829] #5767134 05/31/15 06:18 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Texan, welcome to the THF. Sorry to hear about your plight. I'm sure you'll find something, and the THF is a great place to do it. I'm sure it's a difficult thing to move after 22 years, but after seeing the last pic of the 4 wheeler it looks like the owner ran Angoras or something, because of lack of browse. I'm sure there is something better out there for y'all. Good luck.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Searching for a YEAR ROUND HUNTING LEASE - PLUS! [Re: just do it] #5770364 06/02/15 04:17 PM
T
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
T
Greetings Just Do It~

Thanks for your consideration, but we are not searching for spots, or looking to be added to an existing lease; we are looking for land and would like our own exclusive lease. We are hoping to continue with our small group of very close friends, as I have been friends with most of our hunters over 35+ years. We are a close group, we trust one another and know what to expect from each other. While I am a capitalist at heart, we run our lease very much on a share and share alike basis where anyone can hunt any stand. We have never assigned areas or stands to one particular hunter, as we are all pulling for each other and we work together to manage our game. Again, we appreciate your offer, but we are searching for our own spot. We have had some turnover over 22+ years, as one's grandfather, one's father-in-law, and one's father have passed away. However, we never need to advertise when looking for another hunter, as we grew up in Texas, went to school in Texas, most of us still live in Texas, and our social group has more friends who would like to participate than we have ever had spots. What we are willing to spend, depends on what we are getting, but the most I could see us spending would be $3000.00 a gun.

We would consider Coke County, if you hear of anything like I mentioned. I personally have some great memories of Coke County, Texas, as a friend of my father's used to own a ranch just west of Robert Lee. It was there, that I killed my first buck ever, this was back in the early 70s, it was a nice six point I shot down by the windmill. grin
Thanks again, for your offer, and I wish you and yours safe travels, and years of fun, memorial hunts.

~TexanSince1829

Last edited by TexanSince1829; 06/02/15 04:22 PM.
Re: Searching for a YEAR ROUND HUNTING LEASE - PLUS! [Re: TexanSince1829] #5770451 06/02/15 05:12 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: TexanSince1829
Greetings Just Do It~

Thanks for your consideration, but we are not searching for spots, or looking to be added to an existing lease; we are looking for land and would like our own exclusive lease. We are hoping to continue with our small group of very close friends, as I have been friends with most of our hunters over 35+ years. We are a close group, we trust one another and know what to expect from each other. While I am a capitalist at heart, we run our lease very much on a share and share alike basis where anyone can hunt any stand. We have never assigned areas or stands to one particular hunter, as we are all pulling for each other and we work together to manage our game. Again, we appreciate your offer, but we are searching for our own spot. We have had some turnover over 22+ years, as one's grandfather, one's father-in-law, and one's father have passed away. However, we never need to advertise when looking for another hunter, as we grew up in Texas, went to school in Texas, most of us still live in Texas, and our social group has more friends who would like to participate than we have ever had spots. What we are willing to spend, depends on what we are getting, but the most I could see us spending would be $3000.00 a gun.

We would consider Coke County, if you hear of anything like I mentioned. I personally have some great memories of Coke County, Texas, as a friend of my father's used to own a ranch just west of Robert Lee. It was there, that I killed my first buck ever, this was back in the early 70s, it was a nice six point I shot down by the windmill. grin
Thanks again, for your offer, and I wish you and yours safe travels, and years of fun, memorial hunts.

~TexanSince1829

Texan, I couldn't agree with you more about sharing the hunting spots with trusted friends. Good luck in your search!

Re: Searching for a YEAR ROUND HUNTING LEASE - PLUS! [Re: TexanSince1829] #5770452 06/02/15 05:14 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
welcome to the forum.

good luck with your search up

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Searching for a YEAR ROUND HUNTING LEASE - PLUS! [Re: TexanSince1829] #5770528 06/02/15 05:58 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: TexanSince1829
While I am a capitalist at heart,

~TexanSince1829

if you're a capitalist at heart, how about offering up a $1000 finder's fee?
I am sure some lurkers will take you up on it

Re: Searching for a YEAR ROUND HUNTING LEASE - PLUS! [Re: cabosandinh] #5770643 06/02/15 07:18 PM
T
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
T
Well cabosandinh:

I can recognize a good idea when it slaps me in the face. shocked I am thinking $1000.00 is a little much, but I will offer a Stoeger Condor O/U 12g 3" Shotgun as an incentive to anyone that puts us in touch with a landowner that results in a signed hunting lease for our group. See pictures below.

~TexanSince1829

Last edited by TexanSince1829; 06/02/15 10:28 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide