Re: Setting up a Trust [Re: Precision_Shooter] #6891504 09/19/17 01:07 AM
D
DeerSlayer31 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: Precision_Shooter
$99 NFA Trust. My dad used them and got his first eForm 1 back in 10 weeks.

www.nfalawyers.com

Anyone used this?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Re: Setting up a Trust [Re: HorizonFirearms] #6891512 09/19/17 01:14 AM
KRoyal Offline
Texoma Legend
Texoma Legend
A trust really isn't needed anymore since 41F passed think the forms are actually going through faster with individual submissions now that CLEO sign off isn't required. If you do a trust now everyone on it has to get finger prints and photos to send in.

[Linked Image]

Re: Setting up a Trust [Re: HorizonFirearms] #6891514 09/19/17 01:15 AM
D
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
So what is needed now adays?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Re: Setting up a Trust [Re: HorizonFirearms] #6891523 09/19/17 01:21 AM
KRoyal Offline
Texoma Legend
Texoma Legend
I haven't done it since the law passed I just got one back this month 1y 3m wait on my trust. It's my 3rd suppressor and I have one SBR you'd think they'd just put people in the system and as long as nothing had changed just send them through but guess not.

Think for individual you'll just need finger prints, passport photos, and form 4 sent from FFL. Pretty easy process just the wait is stupid long.

Oh yea don't forget your $200 check made out to ATF LoL

[Linked Image]

Re: Setting up a Trust [Re: bluesman] #6891540 09/19/17 01:33 AM
R
RiverRider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Originally Posted By: bluesman

law IS ROCKET SCIENCE. You just haven't figured that out yet. Do they write rocket science in plain english so the layman can wade through it - nope. Some things are just not meant to be understood by the layman.

Don't recall this thread, didn't get involved...but I saw this tonight, and I DO recall why I detest the legal "profession." What a bunch of bottom dwellers, setting up the system so that a citizen can't even preserve his own status or get justice without paying the mordida.

No. law IS NOT rocket science...it's a lot of synthetic flimflammery, that's all.

[Linked Image]

"Arguing with you always makes me thirsty."

-Augustus McRae
Re: Setting up a Trust [Re: KRoyal] #6891607 09/19/17 02:36 AM
T
Txhillbilly Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: KRoyal
A trust really isn't needed anymore since 41F passed think the forms are actually going through faster with individual submissions now that CLEO sign off isn't required. If you do a trust now everyone on it has to get finger prints and photos to send in.

When 41F came into effect,I asked my attorney about some things. I have myself and four other people on my old trust with all of our items,and at least one of them has moved out of state. So I asked him about the legalities of a trust since I'm allowed to add or subtract people on my trust.

According to how he explained it,If I want to buy anymore Class 3 items,I can set up a new trust with only myself listed on it at the time I send it into the BATFE. After it has been approved,and my stamp comes,I'm free to add anyone onto the trust at my discretion as long as they can legally own or purchase a firearm. He said that would be perfectly legal,the BATFE can't restrict your rights to add or subtract the people on your trust.

Re: Setting up a Trust [Re: Txhillbilly] #6891633 09/19/17 02:55 AM
D
DStroud Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: Txhillbilly

When 41F came into effect,I asked my attorney about some things. I have myself and four other people on my old trust with all of our items,and at least one of them has moved out of state. So I asked him about the legalities of a trust since I'm allowed to add or subtract people on my trust.

According to how he explained it,If I want to buy anymore Class 3 items,I can set up a new trust with only myself listed on it at the time I send it into the BATFE. After it has been approved,and my stamp comes,I'm free to add anyone onto the trust at my discretion as long as they can legally own or purchase a firearm. He said that would be perfectly legal,the BATFE can't restrict your rights to add or subtract the people on your trust.

I did just that Friday. Funny and ironic that just this afternoon I was in Bryan and discussing this exact topic with Derrick at Horizon who was the OP that started this thread two years ago.
He and I both used James Willi to do our trusts and now with the new changes I have a new trust so I wouldn't have to go to all the trouble and expense of getting finger prints of my wife and children who are on my previous trust. Just add them later as needed.

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Setting up a Trust [Re: DStroud] #6891648 09/19/17 03:07 AM
T
Txhillbilly Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: DStroud
Originally Posted By: Txhillbilly

I did just that Friday. Funny and ironic that just this afternoon I was in Bryan and discussing this exact topic with Derrick at Horizon who was the OP that started this thread two years ago.
He and I both used James Willi to do our trusts and now with the new changes I have a new trust so I wouldn't have to go to all the trouble and expense of getting finger prints of my wife and children who are on my previous trust. Just add them later as needed.

I got mine years ago from Sean Cody down in Houston. He did my trust over the phone,and emailed my trust to me in a PDF file. It was simple as hell to do it. There are cheaper ways to do a trust,but I didn't want to trust my freedom doing it that way.

Re: Setting up a Trust [Re: KRoyal] #6891711 09/19/17 04:40 AM
T
Toxarch Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T

But a trust allows anyone on the trust to be in possession of the NFA item. And that covers your wife having access to your gun safe.

It is far more important to be able to hit the target than it is to haggle over who makes a weapon or who pulls a trigger.

� Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: Setting up a Trust [Re: Toxarch] #6891850 09/19/17 12:29 PM
KRoyal Offline
Texoma Legend
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted By: Toxarch

But a trust allows anyone on the trust to be in possession of the NFA item. And that covers your wife having access to your gun safe.

Correct, but some people on the trust don't want to have to send in finger prints and photos. It's just a big hassle for some on your trust that don't ever really use the NFA items. If all of your trustees can get that stuff for you then a trust is no problem.

ETA: Maybe you can buy a suppressor as individual and then add it to your existing trust once it comes in. Not sure if that would work. Kind of what hillbilly said but instead of starting a new trust just add to your existing once it comes in.

Last edited by KRoyal; 09/19/17 12:30 PM.

[Linked Image]

Re: Setting up a Trust [Re: KRoyal] #6892337 09/19/17 06:48 PM
T
Txhillbilly Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T

Correct, but some people on the trust don't want to have to send in finger prints and photos. It's just a big hassle for some on your trust that don't ever really use the NFA items. If all of your trustees can get that stuff for you then a trust is no problem.

ETA: Maybe you can buy a suppressor as individual and then add it to your existing trust once it comes in. Not sure if that would work. Kind of what hillbilly said but instead of starting a new trust just add to your existing once it comes in.

No, You start a new trust with only yourself listed as a Trustee.Then after you get approved, and have the stamp for the item, you can then add other Trustee's to the new trust without them needing to supply photos and fingerprints.
As Executor of the Trust, you can add or delete who is on any trust at anytime, but you can't add Trustee's to the trust before you get approved and have the stamp.

Re: Setting up a Trust [Re: DeerSlayer31] #6892487 09/19/17 08:42 PM
D
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: DeerSlayer31

www.nfalawyers.com

Anyone used this?

So back to this, does this seem like a good idea? Or someone in Texas that can do trust? I know I cam diy but would rather not just looking for an answer on above questions.

Re: Setting up a Trust [Re: DeerSlayer31] #6892753 09/20/17 01:04 AM
T
Toxarch Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T

www.nfalawyers.com

Anyone used this?

So back to this, does this seem like a good idea? Or someone in Texas that can do trust? I know I cam diy but would rather not just looking for an answer on above questions.

I used Cole Bryan in Fort Worth. There's a lot that use Christopher Bass in Dallas. Both have done a lot of NFA Trusts and respond quickly to questions. You are going to spend more than $99 but you also get a lawyer that answers questions, concerns, legal issues, etc., in the future.

It is far more important to be able to hit the target than it is to haggle over who makes a weapon or who pulls a trigger.

� Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: Setting up a Trust [Re: KRoyal] #6892754 09/20/17 01:06 AM
T
Toxarch Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T

I think it takes another $200 stamp to transfer from an individual to a trust. It's basically selling it to another entity. So going straight into the trust the first time is the best way to do it.

� Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: Setting up a Trust [Re: DeerSlayer31] #6892864 09/20/17 02:46 AM
T
Txhillbilly Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T

www.nfalawyers.com

Anyone used this?

I used Sean Cody years ago to set up my trust,He's been doing it for a long time,and can answer any questions you may have. If you use him,he will do the trust over the phone,and then send you a copy to proof by Email,once you approve it,he will send it in a PDF file that you just download. It doesn't get much easier.

http://www.texasnfatrust.com/

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide