Hey guys,

I am new here and joined in hopes of getting pointed to a good outfitter. I live in North Alabama (hunt both Alabama and Tennessee) and most of my hunting places don't open until around April 1st. I do have some land I can hunt in March but it is always winter still this far north and the turkey hunting isn't very good the first few weeks of season. Hence, I want to go on a "South Zone" Texas hunt for Rios next spring. I was hoping some of you guys could help me out with the following questions:

1. Do you know of a good outfitter that has lots of turkeys in the South Zone?
2. Are the turkeys busted up and gobbling good around the opener in the middle of March?

Totally clueless but wanting to make a hunt out there next spring really bad. My 40th birthday is coming up later this week and my wife is wanting me to book a hunt for myself as my 40th birthday present.

Thanks in advance for any and all info!

By the way....I am not remotely opposed to doing a hunt swap with someone either if somebody wanted to do some May turkey hunting in Tennessee, April turkey hunting in Alabama, whatever. I'm no expert, but I do turkey hunt a lot and usually kill a decent pile of birds every year.