Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: I Shot a $12,000 Rifle [Re: Judd] #5722793 04/30/15 01:39 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Judd
I always miss the good stuff rofl

Why you should come work for me smile

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: I Shot a $12,000 Rifle [Re: Judd] #5722824 04/30/15 01:56 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

I failed you today. I should've let you know about this, I am sorry.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: I Shot a $12,000 Rifle [Re: P & Y] #5722938 04/30/15 02:56 AM
Ritter Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
Originally Posted By: P & Y
Originally Posted By: Ritter
Originally Posted By: P & Y
....I ordered a rifle and rangefinder that came the same way as a LR1000, only built with higher quality components in areas.....

Higher quality in what way?

Read parts list above

It was an honest question. I have always found the discussion about what is better to be very subjective.

Is the Defiance a better action than the Gunwerks? I couldn't tell you. Theirs is a new proprietary design manufactured in house and it works very well. It's also titanium.
For my applications I prefer the compact, capped windage turret of the G7 NXS scope. It fits better in my pack and won't move if bumped. I will admit that the G7 scope is almost $600 less expensive than the ATACR. I also really like the reticle.
His package also include an anti-cant level.
Nightforce rings versus Talley rings? Well the Talley is about $70 less. I know my Talley rings stood up to the recoil of a 300 RUM for 6 years and close to 1000 rounds and the scope never lost zero.
Gunwerks ceramic coats their rifles in house. I bet you could get them to do a two tone.
I will have to take you at your word on the Huber trigger. I have never shot one but I do have three rifles with Jewell triggers and have never found them lacking.
The Manners is a great stock, very light and rigid. The Gunwerks stock is their own design to work with the large objective scopes, reduce felt recoil, remain rigid and as stay light as practically possible. Again a subjective decision.
I bet the Gunwerks barrel is a Proof Research but someone would need to verify that with Gunwerks. If a Bartlein is better I'm curious as to what makes it better.
The package he purchased did include an Atlas Bipod and flush cups.
I can't say what the Gunwerks bottom metal is worth but I prefer a hinged bottom metal for the same reason I like the G7 version NXS, fewer things hanging from the rifle that can snag on something. I wish I had a picture of it. It is entirely CNC milled, is extremely rigid and looks great.
The G7BR2 is a great rangefinder is great piece of technology. It works great at extended distances and has a built in ballistic computer. It was also in his package.
As far as the case goes, I will try to get a couple of pictures. It has to be seen to be appreciated. I would buy one myself but it won't fit my stock and I already have a Pelican with a custom cut interior.
I bet Gunwerks has a few dollars built into the price to help cover their R&D cost. After all they are trying to provide a product that makes long range hunting a little less intimidating.

I never claimed that $12k was bargain. I also never said it wasn't worth the price. Out of the box it gives the experienced shooter a complete system they can have confidence in and for a new shooter to long range it can help shorten the learning curve. Price is always subjective.

I will agree with you though, you can get into this game for considerably less money. The average cost of my long range rifles is around $5500 with optics (I bought the G7BR2 rangefinder a few years ago). But then again, all of the research and leg work is on me to make sure all the pieces play nice together and deliver the results I expect.

GAP, Jarret, Hart, Hill Country and many more build great rifles that are capable of matching the performance of Gunwerks. A buyer just needs to do some research and pick what's best for their needs.

Guys, I am beginning to feel like this is a debate about what is better, MIL or MOA? FFP or SFP? 7 mag or 7 STW?
I think I am going to bow out and let everyone else have this thread.

On a quick side note: the 7LRM is better than the 7 RM and the 7 STW.

Re: I Shot a $12,000 Rifle [Re: J.G.] #5723190 04/30/15 12:19 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Why you should come work for me smile

If you weren't in NM I might consider it grin

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

I failed you today. I should've let you know about this, I am sorry.

Too busy at work to even look if you told me. Finishing up a 45k+ hour project and they dumped two more in my lap. Headed out of town for a few days next week and spending a ton of time this week prepping for that trip. My life kinda sucks right now but I can still pay my bills. Being busy and gone so much I'm not spending near as much wink

Oh and Ritter...it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, it's a nice rifle and I'm happy your buddy gets to enjoy it (and gets to share it a bit with you).

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide