Good evening,
I am a part of a group of 6 guys that has been turkey hunting in south Texas for 14 years. Two years ago our turkey leassor sold his property to Eagle Ford oil shale production. That ended our group's 10 years of hunting on the Frio River. Reckon the oil may make him more that a couple of turkeys?
The group is now looking for a new long term spring turkey arrangement.
We are looking for a similar situation for 2016 season and beyond.
What we are interested in is access to 1,500-3,000 AC of prime turkey habitat, natural water source is a plus. Unguided, please just discuss the property boundries and restrictions. We will harvest gobblers at least 2 years old, no jakes, 2-3 gobblers per hunter. Lodging on the propery is a plus too, or camper hook ups.
The group is made up of professional 40 somethings that are brother in laws, childhood friends and everyday hunting and fishing nuts. This couple of days a year together are for fellowship and catching up with each other rolled up with the obsession to hunt turkeys in the Texas mesquite. Along with it, we are serious about cooking and look forward to sharing that tradition our new lessor.
Professions include construction manager, realtor, vet, petroleum engineer and financial broker.
If any of this sounds as if it may work out, please feel free to contact me here or PM.
I would love to discuss a potential arrangement.
God bless.