Page 1 of 2 1 2
"So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article #5696350 04/12/15 09:15 PM
D
DustinsProjects Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
Just posted today and many fellow hunters and fisherman have asked me to write it so here it is!

http://www.dustin-warncke-tv.com/WP/so-you-want-to-be-pro-staff/

Dustin Warncke
(512) 497-7674
www.dustinsprojects.com
--
TV Show Producer/Host
Hogger Boys Outdoors on Gen7 Outdoor Network and YouTube
www.hoggerboys.com
Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: DustinsProjects] #5697740 04/13/15 07:06 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
barf

It's hell eatin em live
Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: DustinsProjects] #5698196 04/13/15 10:37 PM
D
dkershen Online Content
Rev Dave
Online Content
Rev Dave
D
I got a gig as a field tester / pro-staff for Walls when they decided to get into the hunting clothing market. Was a fun gig for 2 years, then my designer contact there got laid off and they decided they'd just knock-off other folks products rather than get input and develop their own.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: DustinsProjects] #5708961 04/20/15 09:27 PM
D
DustinsProjects Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
Wow. My goal with the article is to help people who want to get started in the outdoor industry a good beginning point.

Dustin Warncke
(512) 497-7674
www.dustinsprojects.com
--
TV Show Producer/Host
Hogger Boys Outdoors on Gen7 Outdoor Network and YouTube
www.hoggerboys.com
Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: DustinsProjects] #5709489 04/21/15 03:32 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I'll speak for myself in saying when reading your article it does not make me want to pursue a career in your field. A lot of what makes me not watch these shows anymore is all the promotion of products that is obviously all about the sponsorship received.

I havn't noticed anyone on this forum starting a topic asking for this information. Maybe I missed it......but I think your lack of response and positive comments speaks for itself.

No disrespect intended. I believe you have good intentions.

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 04/21/15 03:33 AM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: DustinsProjects] #5709536 04/21/15 04:54 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The callmakers get all kinds of requests, pro staff is one of them. My answer yes, if you buy a call I will put you on my pro staff, no money, no pay, nada. If you want a cap, it is $12, if you want a T shirt, I will let you know what it costs when I order some. Actually it has been a year or so since the last request, I must be sloughing off a little. rofl

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: DustinsProjects] #5709706 04/21/15 01:20 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Eastmans' printed an article in their mag on one of my hunts. Sent me a cap that had "Eastmans' Pro Staff" on it. I am now an official expert. Not! smile

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: DustinsProjects] #5709745 04/21/15 01:38 PM
T
tShawnB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Good article. I wouldn't mind being a "pro staffer"; however, there are so few products for hunting that actually work or improve hunting success that I don't see that happening and no way would I push some smoke and mirrors. Most of the stuff that does work doesn't need the pro staff push as most hunters I know are smart enough to figure it out. I would take a gig with Remington, Swarovski, Leica, etc... if it meant some free stuff though!

How come everybody I meet is a deer hunting expert?
Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: DustinsProjects] #5709760 04/21/15 01:52 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
That's the problem with "repping" products. They pick you (in fact, most go out begging for them). You don't get to pick them.

Even Boddington says he hates it. Won't name names but says about half of the stuff that has sponsored him is not up to par. (For him, a nice way of saying junk.) I thought it amazing he could say that in his books and still get sponsors.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: DustinsProjects] #5709766 04/21/15 01:57 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
A few years back some guy was on this site trying to push his amazing deer mineral attractant.

I volunteered to put it out at my place a report the results, a proposition he gladly agreed to and sent me free samples.

2 months later, I hadn't gotten 1 picture of a deer hitting the stuff. The pigs did, but I think the sweet smell of it may have actually driven deer away. He wasn't happy with my report, but the game camera didn't lie.

No way I could push stuff that didn't work and waste people's hard-earned money. Not worth it for a little free gear.

Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: DustinsProjects] #5709775 04/21/15 02:04 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
bang Been trying ta get sponcered by Equate, Hemorrhoidal Cream for whin that Big One Pops-Out . Like on here, been pud on de ignorance list flag

i'm postaddic
Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: DustinsProjects] #5709779 04/21/15 02:08 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
What is worse with these Pro-Staff and Sponsored product lines is the hunting shows Pro-Staffers on how they promote these sponsor items. I personally seen these Pro-Staffers kill an animal then take a lot of different pics with that same animal with all their sponsors products. Might have killed the animal with a rifle and took pics with that rifle. Then take pics with a bow, a muzzleloader, crossbow, cover scent products, camo clothing(and even change camo a time or two),etc. Had one guy tell me about a very well know bow hunter that killed a Blackbuck sitting in a ladderstand in t-shirt and shorts on. Killed the Blackbuck then put on two differents kinds of camo clothing to take the recovery pics.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: DustinsProjects] #5709796 04/21/15 02:20 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
That's just downright fraud IMO.

Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: DustinsProjects] #5709798 04/21/15 02:22 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
It is and they do it just to keep their $ponsor$ on board.

Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: stxranchman] #5709799 04/21/15 02:22 PM
D
dkershen Online Content
Rev Dave
Online Content
Rev Dave
D
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
What is worse with these Pro-Staff and Sponsored product lines is the hunting shows Pro-Staffers on how they promote these sponsor items. I personally seen these Pro-Staffers kill an animal then take a lot of different pics with that same animal with all their sponsors products. Might have killed the animal with a rifle and took pics with that rifle. Then take pics with a bow, a muzzleloader, crossbow, cover scent products, camo clothing(and even change camo a time or two),etc. Had one guy tell me about a very well know bow hunter that killed a Blackbuck sitting in a ladderstand in t-shirt and shorts on. Killed the Blackbuck then put on two differents kinds of camo clothing to take the recovery pics.

That's just part of the game. If you want new gear the next year, you dang sure better send them nice pics wearing this years gear.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: dkershen] #5709814 04/21/15 02:30 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: dkershen

That's just part of the game. If you want new gear the next year, you dang sure better send them nice pics wearing this years gear.

Glad I'm not their pack mule.

What's funny is when you know folks rep certain products and then when the cameras are gone they break out their normal gear to hunt with.

Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: dkershen] #5709830 04/21/15 02:39 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

Then you see them selling last years gear or selling their old gear for cash to make room for the new sponsor gear.

Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: DustinsProjects] #5709833 04/21/15 02:40 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Y'all are getting my dander up again talking about this mess. smile

Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: DustinsProjects] #5709839 04/21/15 02:42 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
We will have to start a "Hump Day" of sorts thread for you then NP..."Getting NP's dander up" Tuesdays. grin

Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: DustinsProjects] #5709848 04/21/15 02:47 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Can't wait for my new kill pics... Got a cpl Yeti tumblers for my evening tea glasses. grin Hunt will NOT be a success without tea being in those things.

....Lipton tea.

Last edited by rifleman; 04/21/15 02:47 PM.
Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: stxranchman] #5709849 04/21/15 02:47 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
We will have to start a "Hump Day" of sorts thread for you then NP..."Getting NP's dander up" Tuesdays. grin

Lol. Just thought about that my Eastmans' "Pro Staff" hat even says "No Fences Here" on it. Gonna put that sucker on and strut around awhile. grin

Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5709856 04/21/15 02:53 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Lol. Just thought about that my Eastmans' "Pro Staff" hat even says "No Fences Here" on it. Gonna put that sucker on and strut around awhile. grin

Flat bill it and you da man grin

Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: rifleman] #5709860 04/21/15 02:59 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: rifleman

Glad I'm not their pack mule.

What's funny is when you know folks rep certain products and then when the cameras are gone they break out their normal gear to hunt with.

Bingo

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: tShawnB] #5709865 04/21/15 03:03 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: tShawnB
Good article. I wouldn't mind being a "pro staffer"; however, there are so few products for hunting that actually work or improve hunting success that I don't see that happening and no way would I push some smoke and mirrors. Most of the stuff that does work doesn't need the pro staff push as most hunters I know are smart enough to figure it out. I would take a gig with Remington, Swarovski, Leica, etc... if it meant some free stuff though!

Heck yes. This would be a sweet gig. All products worth talking about. up

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: "So You Want To Be A Pro-Staff" Article [Re: DustinsProjects] #5709915 04/21/15 03:28 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Nothing wrong being a pro staffer. love my pro staffing gig

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide