Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Who won the LEO hunt???? #5705467 04/17/15 11:02 PM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
A outfitter from my area gave away a hunt to an LEO. Did i miss the pics and story?

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag] #5707557 04/19/15 10:36 PM
P
passthru Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I take it you weren't the one?

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag] #5707897 04/20/15 02:09 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Is that the one that was offered on here? You had to have a kid in order to be eligible for the hunt, I didn't meet that criteria

Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag] #5708169 04/20/15 10:34 AM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
I remember the "offer", but never heard another thing either. Maybe whomever won, needed secrecy confused2

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag] #5708210 04/20/15 11:33 AM
C
copperhead Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
To all who wonder, I, Copperhead, won the LEO hunt. Right after I returned from the hunt I went into the hospital for a hernia surgery, routine we thought, but when the Dr opened me up it was worse than suspected. My hernias had hernias. The Dr put a sheet of Kevlar into my abdomen to keep them from reoccurring. After more than a week in the hospital, I returned home to recuperate. The day after, I noticed my left leg was sore, as if I was having a cramp. Didn't think much of it. It stayed this way for several days. Approximately 3 days later, I went to see the Dr who then sent me to get a sonogram of my leg. The operator freaked because my left leg, from the groin down, was nothing but clots. I was immediately sent to the ER and admitted into the hospital again. On the way to my room, a catscan was ordered. I was in my room for about 30 min when a Dr came in and said there were blood clots in my lungs, the largest of which was balanced on the saddle in between. If it goes either way, I would choke to death. I was them sent to ICU where I stayed for almost a week. The swelling had gone down and I was then sent to another room where I stayed for about 5 more days. They were trying to get my INR levels in my blood to stabilize. During this time, I was on antibiotics and blood thinners which included getting two shots a day in the stomach. I was finally released to go home. Now I was recovering from a major surgery and severe DVTs. My fiancé helped immensely as I had to still take thinners in the stomach twice a day. She would give them to me. Today, is my first day back to work.

I was able to get a decent 8 pt. After I shot it, he fell and shed an antler right then. I'm having a European mount made as my taxidermist will be able to repair it. As soon as its done, I'm getting pics of my son with it and posting them on here with the complete story. Thanks for your patience.

Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: copperhead] #5708243 04/20/15 12:05 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: copperhead
To all who wonder, I, Copperhead, won the LEO hunt. Right after I returned from the hunt I went into the hospital for a hernia surgery, routine we thought, but when the Dr opened me up it was worse than suspected. My hernias had hernias. The Dr put a sheet of Kevlar into my abdomen to keep them from reoccurring. After more than a week in the hospital, I returned home to recuperate. The day after, I noticed my left leg was sore, as if I was having a cramp. Didn't think much of it. It stayed this way for several days. Approximately 3 days later, I went to see the Dr who then sent me to get a sonogram of my leg. The operator freaked because my left leg, from the groin down, was nothing but clots. I was immediately sent to the ER and admitted into the hospital again. On the way to my room, a catscan was ordered. I was in my room for about 30 min when a Dr came in and said there were blood clots in my lungs, the largest of which was balanced on the saddle in between. If it goes either way, I would choke to death. I was them sent to ICU where I stayed for almost a week. The swelling had gone down and I was then sent to another room where I stayed for about 5 more days. They were trying to get my INR levels in my blood to stabilize. During this time, I was on antibiotics and blood thinners which included getting two shots a day in the stomach. I was finally released to go home. Now I was recovering from a major surgery and severe DVTs. My fiancé helped immensely as I had to still take thinners in the stomach twice a day. She would give them to me. Today, is my first day back to work.

I was able to get a decent 8 pt. After I shot it, he fell and shed an antler right then. I'm having a European mount made as my taxidermist will be able to repair it. As soon as its done, I'm getting pics of my son with it and posting them on here with the complete story. Thanks for your patience.

Wow, glad you are doing much better.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: stxranchman] #5708288 04/20/15 12:45 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Originally Posted By: copperhead

Wow, glad you are doing much better.

Good Lord, Glad your okay and they caught it and congrats on the Harvest..

Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: SniperRAB] #5708331 04/20/15 01:13 PM
janie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Good gosh Copperhead. Glad your still with us.

He is your friend defender your dog. Be worthy of such devotion

[Linked Image]
Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: copperhead] #5708340 04/20/15 01:19 PM
K
KG68 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Proud you are better now copperhead. up

Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag] #5708345 04/20/15 01:20 PM
J
jdk1985 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Glad you all caught it in time!

Instagram @justinkingwoodworking
Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag] #5708436 04/20/15 02:37 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
What they said! Good thing your Doc was on the ball, you used up a lot of luck my friend! Hope for continued wellness.

I lost friend to a BC from a very minor leg injury, barely a bruise that started to "ache".. He was at the hospital when the clot broke loose and he wasn't as fortunate.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag] #5708496 04/20/15 03:16 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Good grief man, you are sure lucky that everything was caught aheadof time. Congrats on the hunt. Be safe out there

Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag] #5708512 04/20/15 03:26 PM
S
Son of a Blitch Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
WOW! Thank goodness you are here to tell the tales! Glad you are ok!

George Blitch
george@mapmyranch.com
www.SonofaBlitch.com
www.MapMyRanch.com
www.YouTube.com/@sonofablitch
"Keep your aim as true as your word" - GB
Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag] #5708762 04/20/15 06:41 PM
P
passthru Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I doubt luck had much to do with it. The Lord must have a reason for you to still be here. Prayers for your continued recovery.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag] #5709069 04/20/15 10:51 PM
D
DustyWyoming Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Hate to hear you had troubles but Glad to hear a good recovery report..

Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag] #5709820 04/21/15 02:33 PM
B
BenBob Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Good thing you are a tough guy.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread