Print Thread
Fireman's Rifle Class #5707129 04/19/15 01:56 PM
B
Big A Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
B
This may jump around a little bit has I am still pumped about the time that I had out on the range.

I have to start off by saying WOW had a great time. Before lunch he had me shooting farther than I thought I would be shooting. We started off the day with him teaching about how to get longer range and not just telling you how but teaching how to do it. He is a great teacher and truly wants to give you the knowledge he has.

About an hour or 2 went by and it was time to do some shooting. It was very comfortable shooting it was like you where shooting with a buddy that was giving you some tips. Not like a drill instructor telling you how to do it but a friend just there to help you get better. Before lunch he had me shooting the 800 yard target and not only shooting at it but hitting it (ok not every time but for me I was any hits on it where more than I thought about doing before the class). After lunch we got right back to it. At this point I do not think I shot any thing but 500 and out. We also shot from a barricade (this was my 1st time to shoot from something other than a deer blind or bench)and I have to say he showed me things about shooting from barricade and how it might be used in other times IE shooting from a truck bed. Every thing from shooting position to how to steady the rifle and get faster shoots off.

We had done every thing and where wrapping up about 3-4pm and I thought he might be kicking me out but left it up to me if I had ammo then he was ready to keep going until I tapped out. We used the rest of the afternoon letting me shoot what I wanted to shoot. I had been eyeballing the Smaller MOA targets and was able to hit them all the way out to 700 never did I think I would be able to do this just after one class.

I know that this may not read like a normal review as I am sure I left some things out and rambled a lot but I will say that after taking the class it was worth way more that what he is getting to do this. I can not wait to get back out to his place and do this again.

If you want to start shooting longer range and not sure where or how to do it then He is your guy I can not say enough great things about the range, teacher and time that you would have out there at his place.

Fireman thanks again for your time and knowledge about shooting long range. I had a great time can't wait to get back to the range.

Originally Posted By: NTX_Hunter
"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun"
Re: Fireman's Rifle Class [Re: Big A] #5707173 04/19/15 02:39 PM
N
Nivlac Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
N
I really want to take the class in the future. All these positive reviews are getting me even more pumped!

Re: Fireman's Rifle Class [Re: Big A] #5707189 04/19/15 03:05 PM
S
spg Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
I would like to go also but kind of a long trip for me. 90% of my shooting is off a bench or out of a blind.

Re: Fireman's Rifle Class [Re: Big A] #5707263 04/19/15 04:51 PM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm gathering components for a "semi-custom" 26 Nosler build. I may have to go down and stretch it's legs once it's done. I've never considered myself to be long range shooter but I guess I'm not to old for this old dog to learn some new tricks!

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: Fireman's Rifle Class [Re: Big A] #5707296 04/19/15 05:39 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Big A...tell us about your shooting rig and ammo. Sounds like once again " FJG strikes again with yet another convert to the LR game" ...So Good on Ya'll for sure on a job well done...
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Fireman's Rifle Class [Re: Big A] #5707321 04/19/15 06:17 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I had a great time, Aaron. And you caught on quick!

We made a pretty good team hitting those tiny targets in the afternoon.

Yall better what him, he hit a 5" x 5" at 500 until it got easy. Then a 6" x 6" at 600, then a 7" x 7" at 700. I should of taken a pic of the 3" group on the 7" plate. GOOD SHOOTING!

Ron,

A Savage with an HS Precision Tac stock, very heavy barrel, chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, Hornady Match 140 A-max, Vortex Viper PST 6-24 Mil/ Mil FFP.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide