Forum Stats
60489 Members
45 Forums
476358 Topics
6249030 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5705467 - 04/17/15 06:02 PM Who won the LEO hunt????
7mag Online   happy
THF Celebrity

Loc: West Texas
A outfitter from my area gave away a hunt to an LEO. Did i miss the pics and story?

"Una Stamus"

#5707557 - 04/19/15 05:36 PM Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag]
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Saginaw, Tx
I take it you weren't the one?
http://www.threefingersbowhunting.com/

#5707897 - 04/19/15 09:09 PM Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag]
BigPig Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Forney, Tx
Is that the one that was offered on here? You had to have a kid in order to be eligible for the hunt, I didn't meet that criteria

Originally Posted By: pegasaurus
Enjoy it while you can. One day you might be complaining about NOT getting random pop-ups in the morning. grin

#5708169 - 04/20/15 05:34 AM Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag]
Western Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wise County Texas
I remember the "offer", but never heard another thing either. Maybe whomever won, needed secrecy confused2

The first 5 day's after the weekend, are the hardest....

Dennis

#5708210 - 04/20/15 06:33 AM Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag]
copperhead Offline
Pro Tracker

To all who wonder, I, Copperhead, won the LEO hunt. Right after I returned from the hunt I went into the hospital for a hernia surgery, routine we thought, but when the Dr opened me up it was worse than suspected. My hernias had hernias. The Dr put a sheet of Kevlar into my abdomen to keep them from reoccurring. After more than a week in the hospital, I returned home to recuperate. The day after, I noticed my left leg was sore, as if I was having a cramp. Didn't think much of it. It stayed this way for several days. Approximately 3 days later, I went to see the Dr who then sent me to get a sonogram of my leg. The operator freaked because my left leg, from the groin down, was nothing but clots. I was immediately sent to the ER and admitted into the hospital again. On the way to my room, a catscan was ordered. I was in my room for about 30 min when a Dr came in and said there were blood clots in my lungs, the largest of which was balanced on the saddle in between. If it goes either way, I would choke to death. I was them sent to ICU where I stayed for almost a week. The swelling had gone down and I was then sent to another room where I stayed for about 5 more days. They were trying to get my INR levels in my blood to stabilize. During this time, I was on antibiotics and blood thinners which included getting two shots a day in the stomach. I was finally released to go home. Now I was recovering from a major surgery and severe DVTs. My fiancé helped immensely as I had to still take thinners in the stomach twice a day. She would give them to me. Today, is my first day back to work.

I was able to get a decent 8 pt. After I shot it, he fell and shed an antler right then. I'm having a European mount made as my taxidermist will be able to repair it. As soon as its done, I'm getting pics of my son with it and posting them on here with the complete story. Thanks for your patience.

#5708243 - 04/20/15 07:05 AM Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: copperhead]
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi

Originally Posted By: copperhead
To all who wonder, I, Copperhead, won the LEO hunt. Right after I returned from the hunt I went into the hospital for a hernia surgery, routine we thought, but when the Dr opened me up it was worse than suspected. My hernias had hernias. The Dr put a sheet of Kevlar into my abdomen to keep them from reoccurring. After more than a week in the hospital, I returned home to recuperate. The day after, I noticed my left leg was sore, as if I was having a cramp. Didn't think much of it. It stayed this way for several days. Approximately 3 days later, I went to see the Dr who then sent me to get a sonogram of my leg. The operator freaked because my left leg, from the groin down, was nothing but clots. I was immediately sent to the ER and admitted into the hospital again. On the way to my room, a catscan was ordered. I was in my room for about 30 min when a Dr came in and said there were blood clots in my lungs, the largest of which was balanced on the saddle in between. If it goes either way, I would choke to death. I was them sent to ICU where I stayed for almost a week. The swelling had gone down and I was then sent to another room where I stayed for about 5 more days. They were trying to get my INR levels in my blood to stabilize. During this time, I was on antibiotics and blood thinners which included getting two shots a day in the stomach. I was finally released to go home. Now I was recovering from a major surgery and severe DVTs. My fiancé helped immensely as I had to still take thinners in the stomach twice a day. She would give them to me. Today, is my first day back to work.

I was able to get a decent 8 pt. After I shot it, he fell and shed an antler right then. I'm having a European mount made as my taxidermist will be able to repair it. As soon as its done, I'm getting pics of my son with it and posting them on here with the complete story. Thanks for your patience.

Wow, glad you are doing much better.

#5708288 - 04/20/15 07:45 AM Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: stxranchman]
SniperRAB Offline
GRAMPS!!!

Loc: Nurturing Biosphere Mothership
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Originally Posted By: copperhead

Wow, glad you are doing much better.

Good Lord, Glad your okay and they caught it and congrats on the Harvest..

#5708331 - 04/20/15 08:13 AM Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: SniperRAB]
janie Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Collin County TX
Good gosh Copperhead. Glad your still with us.

#5708340 - 04/20/15 08:19 AM Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: copperhead]
KG68 Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Goldthwaite,Tx
Proud you are better now copperhead. up

#5708345 - 04/20/15 08:20 AM Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag]
jdk1985 Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Waco, TX
Glad you all caught it in time!

#5708436 - 04/20/15 09:37 AM Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag]
Western Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wise County Texas
What they said! Good thing your Doc was on the ball, you used up a lot of luck my friend! Hope for continued wellness.

I lost friend to a BC from a very minor leg injury, barely a bruise that started to "ache".. He was at the hospital when the clot broke loose and he wasn't as fortunate.

The first 5 day's after the weekend, are the hardest....

Dennis

#5708496 - 04/20/15 10:16 AM Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag]
BigPig Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Forney, Tx
Good grief man, you are sure lucky that everything was caught aheadof time. Congrats on the hunt. Be safe out there

Originally Posted By: pegasaurus
Enjoy it while you can. One day you might be complaining about NOT getting random pop-ups in the morning. grin

#5708512 - 04/20/15 10:26 AM Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag]
George - w/ Map My Ranch Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Houston, Texas
WOW! Thank goodness you are here to tell the tales! Glad you are ok!

"Keep your aim as true as your word" - GB

#5708762 - 04/20/15 01:41 PM Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag]
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Saginaw, Tx
I doubt luck had much to do with it. The Lord must have a reason for you to still be here. Prayers for your continued recovery.
http://www.threefingersbowhunting.com/

#5709069 - 04/20/15 05:51 PM Re: Who won the LEO hunt???? [Re: 7mag]
DustyWyoming Offline
Tracker

Hate to hear you had troubles but Glad to hear a good recovery report..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide