Forums46
Topics537,925
Posts9,730,749
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: Wilhunt] #5697889 04/13/15 08:19 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Way to easy clap

Keep playing the victim card roflmao

I have no problem with the way someone Hunts

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5697961 04/13/15 08:59 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
He will never see it bang

I run across 3-4 people a week that I talk up THF to...
Met a very nice young Man at the Gym the other day that had a Cinnamon Creek Hat on, we struck up a conversation (very nice guy) and I said hey bud do you ever get on THF and his exact words were I jumped on a few times with some guys from the office but if you say anything about how you hunt or what you hunt with you get belittled and degraded...

Just walked off shaking my head

You are one to talk about someone belittling or degrading others. You stalk my every move with your laughing emoticons, "Hank Hill" and "Elmer Fudd" comments, discussing non-existent "connections", dissing my hunting experience when you know zero about it, and on and on and on..... ad infinitum. You act like every bully in Jr. High. It doesn't mean squat to me because it speaks for itself. But you are the last person on this forum with any right to get up on your high horse about someone "belittling and degrading" others. It's your life's work.

You couldn't be more wrong about an individual. One of the kindest most respectful members I've ever had the pleasure of meeting in person. One of the few members who reached out to me with a friendly pm welcoming me to this forum.

And I promise you if he met you in person he would shake your hand and give you the utmost respect. It just has got to the point that you need to be called out for your behavior. You constantly belittle others about how they chose to hunt in the form of expressing your "opinion". You describe with your ridiculous lack of facts opinions on how they hunted when you've never met them or shared or observed their hunting experience.

And then when members call you out to present the facts to support your opinion you cop out with: go read them for yourself.
Your opinions have lost credibility because of these facts. Then you resort to being attacked personally for expressing your opinions on a public forum.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #5697991 04/13/15 09:14 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
I

Met a very nice young Man at the Gym the other day that had a Cinnamon Creek Hat on, we struck up a conversation (very nice guy) and I said hey bud do you ever get on THF and his exact words were I jumped on a few times with some guys from the office but if you say anything about how you hunt or what you hunt with you get belittled and degraded...

You are one to talk about someone belittling or degrading others. You stalk my every move with your laughing emoticons, "Hank Hill" and "Elmer Fudd" comments, discussing non-existent "connections", dissing my hunting experience when you know zero about it, and on and on and on..... ad infinitum. You act like every bully in Jr. High. It doesn't mean squat to me because it speaks for itself. But you are the last person on this forum with any right to get up on your high horse about someone "belittling and degrading" others. It's your life's work.

You couldn't be more wrong about an individual. One of the kindest most respectful members I've ever had the pleasure of meeting in person. One of the few members who reached out to me with a friendly pm welcoming me to this forum.

And I promise you if he met you in person he would shake your hand and give you the utmost respect. It just has got to the point that you need to be called out for your behavior. You constantly belittle others about how they chose to hunt in the form of expressing your "opinion". You describe with your ridiculous lack of facts opinions on how they hunted when you've never met them or shared or observed their hunting experience.

And then when members call you out to present the facts to support your opinion you cop out with: go read them for yourself.
Your opinions have lost credibility because of these facts. Then you resort to being attacked personally for expressing your opinions on a public forum.

I have no doubt of that. But you couldn't prove it by me. I take folks as I find them and respond with to them as their approach warrants. No more, no less. I do not get personal or hateful as a rule. I do slip on occasion. But I'll put my behavior up with anyone else's on the forum. And way above many. Do you actually read these things? And you say MY behavior needs "calling out"? Give me a break. rolleyes

The "not supporting my opinion" rap is pure bs . No one on this forum has discussed, explained, and supported their position on these issues more than me. No one. My posts explaining my position on these threads could fill a dang encyclopedia.

Like I said, people see what they want to see.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5698011 04/13/15 09:21 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
I don't have much to say about the deal. First I've heard of it. But if even the basic facts are true, it does show there are powerful folks fighting about the issue. Even here in Texas.

So all the laughter and dismissiveness about it as a non-issue is obviously misplaced.

Define powerful folks?

Then tell us what is being actually argued...

bs

Still waiting.......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5698023 04/13/15 09:26 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I

I have no doubt of that. But you couldn't prove it by me. I take folks as I find them and respond with to them as their approach warrants. No more, no less. I do not get personal or hateful as a rule. I do slip on occasion. But I'll put my behavior up with anyone else's on the forum. And way above many. Do you actually read these things? And you say MY behavior needs "calling out"? Give me a break. rolleyes

The "not supporting my opinion" rap is pure bs . No one on this forum has discussed, explained, and supported their position on these issues more than me. No one. My posts explaining my position on these threads could fill a dang encyclopedia.

Like I said, people see what they want to see.

Yeah, YOU see what YOU want to see.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #5698024 04/13/15 09:26 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I don't have much to say about the deal. First I've heard of it. But if even the basic facts are true, it does show there are powerful folks fighting about the issue. Even here in Texas.

So all the laughter and dismissiveness about it as a non-issue is obviously misplaced.

Define powerful folks?

bs

Still waiting.......

This is not my thread. I don't particularly care what's being argued. My only point in this thread is that they are arguing. I said in the very first post I made this is the first I had heard of it.

But, if you want a list, the OP just posted one. It's the same issues that are always discussed when HF/breeding is the subject.

I wasn't being flippant. If you want to know what's being argued in the article and who is arguing, then read it.

Last edited by Nogalus Prairie; 04/13/15 09:27 PM.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: Wilhunt] #5698073 04/13/15 09:47 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: wilhunt
The article in the paper took what seemed to be a much harder view on breeding deer than the video. The paper indicates many wealthy ranch owners and others feel Mother Nature should take care of deer breeding. In 1996 there were approximately 275 with deer breeder permits. Today the number is 1,326.
Interesting reading.

Video was interesting....little extreme on the "trying to keep the ranch" bit though. Rest seemed pretty honest and straightforward.

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: Wilhunt] #5698123 04/13/15 10:06 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: wilhunt
There are a number of specific things mentioned in this article, such as:
Landowners who want pharmaceutical free deer
Some wealthy owners also breed deer
Out of control deer breeding practice and canned hunting which threatens the publics perception of hunting.
Breeders release deer pumped full of antibiotics and other drugs which may be a health threat.
Some have racks so heavy they can barely lift their head.
Breeders can offer a hunt near a city for $3,000.
Big ranches like the King Ranch many miles from a city sometimes charge around $20,000.for a trophy buck.
TWA wants a rule to make sure a bred deer is released into the wild in the spring, leaving plenty of time for antibiotics and other drugs to was out of their systems before the fall hunting season.

And there is a bit more.......

Article is about two things and two things only via the true legislation debate between the two associations.

1)Release date vs hunt date
2)Marked release deer.
The rest is irrelevant and has nothing to do with the legislature

The marked released deer is irrelevant... landowners aren't getting pharmaceutical deer that don't want them, think about the nature of the agruement. Second most antibiotic withdraw times are 21days(that's the max, half life is actually much shorter) current law pretty much covers this.

I agree with the first one saw off the horns if it's with in that hunt year, if this passes marked issues means nothing anyway

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: Wilhunt] #5698164 04/13/15 10:22 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I have not read the article nor have any interest in doing so. I think when they started the captive breeding of WT it did more to downgrade hunting than anything else in the last 50 years.

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5698178 04/13/15 10:28 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Define powerful folks?

bs

Still waiting.......

This is not my thread. I don't particularly care what's being argued. My only point in this thread is that they are arguing. I said in the very first post I made this is the first I had heard of it.

But, if you want a list, the OP just posted one. It's the same issues that are always discussed when HF/breeding is the subject.

I wasn't being flippant. If you want to know what's being argued in the article and who is arguing, then read it.

Only you would troll to be a victim.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: don k] #5698466 04/14/15 01:11 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: don k
I have not read the article nor have any interest in doing so. I think when they started the captive breeding of WT it did more to downgrade hunting than anything else in the last 50 years.

Well, OK then.

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: Wilhunt] #5699030 04/14/15 01:17 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
wish I hadn't started to read this

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: colt45-90] #5699046 04/14/15 01:27 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: colt45
wish I hadn't started to read this

roflmao

Painful at times

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: SniperRAB] #5699163 04/14/15 02:38 PM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
You know it is a shame three or four guys on here could not get together and have a beer. Chances are that if you actually met face to face you would discover the other is not as bad as you imagine. In my experience, preconceived perceptions usually turn out to be totally out of line once I actually meet and talk to someone. Certainly a level of common respect with words comes to the forefront when folks are face to face.

Forums and keyboards sure create an environment for misunderstandings - just sayin'

You can't fix stupid
Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: tlk] #5699227 04/14/15 03:19 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: tlk
You know it is a shame three or four guys on here could not get together and have a beer. Chances are that if you actually met face to face you would discover the other is not as bad as you imagine. In my experience, preconceived perceptions usually turn out to be totally out of line once I actually meet and talk to someone. Certainly a level of common respect with words comes to the forefront when folks are face to face.

Forums and keyboards sure create an environment for misunderstandings - just sayin'

No misunderstanding a man that admitted he was on the thread just to troll....5 hours after his first post he was still posting with out actually knowing what the thread was about.

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5699277 04/14/15 03:32 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

No misunderstanding a man that admitted he was on the thread just to troll....5 hours after his first post he was still posting with out actually knowing what the thread was about.

And That is the GODS HONEST Truth BoBo...
Mr. Kennedy that would be nice and in most cases you are correct Sir, and as you and I have discussed it is hard to keep emotions in check. But when one individual continually stirs the Pot and is Combative on every subject matter that does not appeal to there personal agenda they will be held accountable..

I terminated a individual recently and when he said what is wrong ...
I suggested that he purchase a mirror and look into it because that would show him the problem.

When several different individuals from different backgrounds, ages, races, religions, beliefs and creeds all have the same problem with one individual...What does that tell you..
Simple concept, be respectful and courteous and you don't draw fire correct

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: tlk] #5699309 04/14/15 03:47 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

Probably argue on what kind of beer to drink. Argue about sitting on a high chair or low chair. Now me I get along with everybody.

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: don k] #5699316 04/14/15 03:48 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

Probably argue on what kind of beer to drink. Argue about sitting on a high chair or low chair. Now me I get along with everybody.

Your a retired Piolt Amigo..
Your gonna tell me you never had a argument with Pay Comp over a "Junior Man" and Seniority roflmao up

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: SniperRAB] #5699329 04/14/15 03:53 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

Your a retired Piolt Amigo..
Your gonna tell me you never had a argument with Pay Comp over a "Junior Man" and Seniority roflmao up
Actually I was a Flight engineer on a Privately owned 727. About the only ones I argued with was the FA's.

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: tlk] #5699425 04/14/15 04:35 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

After a while it becomes more about personalities than about the subject. Who is posting rather than what is said. Mr. Don posted the most direct statement made on the subject on this thread.

No dustups. No problems. No argument. No discussion.

You're right. It's just the nature of the internet.

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5699481 04/14/15 04:59 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

After a while it becomes more about personalities than about the subject. Who is posting rather than what is said. Mr. Don posted the most direct statement made on the subject on this thread.

You never read the article nor did you even know the context after 6 hours of running your mouth on here.

Yet still point fingers?

I did not think it was possible to be dense. My mistake

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5699515 04/14/15 05:12 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

You never read the article nor did you even know the context after 6 hours of running your mouth on here.

Yet still point fingers?

I did not think it was possible to be that dense. My mistake

Mr. Don said he didn't read the article and wasn't going to read it. Followed up by his very definitive opinion on the subject. Much more direct than anything I have said on this thread. Not a peep from you on that.

Like I said, after a while it becomes all about personalities.

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: Wilhunt] #5699535 04/14/15 05:21 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
OH, sorry I forgot your the victim

Talk about projection

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5699682 04/14/15 06:42 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

Everybody always said I had a nice smile and personality. You should try it sometime NP.

Re: Austin American Statesman, Deer rancher &breeder [Re: Wilhunt] #5699727 04/14/15 07:03 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
grin

Working on it Mr. Don. smile

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide