Forum Stats
60473 Members
45 Forums
476101 Topics
6245561 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#5694222 - 04/10/15 05:11 PM SWFA Returns?
TGreen Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: PK
Has anyone had to return anything to SWFA if so how was the process for you?

I ask because I ordered a pricy set of EGW rings in High per their recommendation over the phone. When I received the rings I put them on the base (hand tight) and removed the top rings set my scope in the mounts and instantly saw that they were too tall. No big deal. Took a measurement called them back and told them the height ring I was in need of. They put my order in for the new rings but informed me since I removed the original rings from the package they are no longer in new condition and cannot be returned. I stressed the fact that nothing was torqued to no avail.

I understand I ordered over the phone and the salesman was very helpful in the process of giving me his recommendations on what I needed sight unseen. I gave him all the info on the gun and scope and we took an educated guess at the ring height. Which turned out to be incorrect. But to not exchange the rings 5 days afterwards seems a bit unnecessary.

I have always had great service from them in the past. So I feel like I'm missing something.

#5694256 - 04/10/15 05:48 PM Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: TGreen]
Brother in-law Online   content
THF Celebrity

That's pretty poopy of them

#5694269 - 04/10/15 06:02 PM Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: TGreen]
okstatefan Offline
Tracker

Loc: Forney, TX
They have a fancy new store, are stocking a lot more items; maybe other things are changing there as well. The last time I was there, I didn't get great service. I did get what I needed for a reasonable price.

#5694291 - 04/10/15 06:22 PM Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: TGreen]
wp75169 Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Wills Point
I have gave them a few $$+ and am close to making another scope purchase. I hate to keep hearing these things. At this point I do not not even shop anymore. I figure out what I want and buy from them. Their CS has always been top notch with me.

#5694343 - 04/10/15 07:05 PM Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: TGreen]
wp75169 Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Wills Point
BTW they opened 3 sets of rings there in the store on my last purchase to fit my rifle and scope. They didn't even blink, he did the fitting and worked on it till it was right. Didn't say anything about the first two sets of rings being open.

#5694705 - 04/11/15 05:24 AM Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: TGreen]
patriot07 Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Royse City, TX
I went down to their store a few weeks ago to get rings and some ammo for my new scope and rifle. They were extremely helpful. And I talked to Skylar on the phone a few times before I went and he was always very willing to give me advice on a number of different topics. I'm a little surprised to hear they won't take the rings back, but being opened is nearly always a reason that a store won't accept a return. Did you have to destroy the package to get them out, or would anyone even know if they were opened? If you destroyed the package to get them out, I can see why SWFA wouldn't take them. How can they sell those to another customer? If the package isn't destroyed, then just send them back and ask for the refund. Who cares if you can't tell they were opened? They might have been opened by 3 customers before you.

I'm sure they'll give you some trade-in value because they can sell them as used. It's just kind of the nature of the beast really. Shopping for the best fit on the phone is risky.

#5694805 - 04/11/15 08:31 AM Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: TGreen]
TGreen Offline
Outdoorsman

The box snaps open and back closed. I didn't have to cut or destroy anything. I could've just put them back in the box and never said anything. But I honestly would never have thought I would have to lie to return products.

Oh well I guess I have a very high dollar set of paper weights now.

#5694885 - 04/11/15 10:05 AM Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: TGreen]
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: North Texas - God's Country
Just put them back in original packaging and return them.

I have a short attention spa

#5695516 - 04/11/15 08:24 PM Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: Cast]
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Lubbock, TX
Originally Posted By: Cast

I'd do this.

#5696997 - 04/13/15 07:20 AM Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: Cast]
patriot07 Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Royse City, TX
Originally Posted By: Cast

#5697100 - 04/13/15 08:23 AM Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: TGreen]
WileyCoyote Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: The Dogwood Capital of Texas
If you paid for them with a Credit Card, call the CC Customer Svc line and solicit help from there, beginning with having the charge cancelled/reversed - put into a suspense file - and taken off your monthly statement...don't ask me how I know that.

AFTER the charge is removed/refunded from your billing, the retailer can argue as long as they want about the intended functionality of the choice of the product they sold you. Be sure to OFFER to send the product back AT THEIR EXPENSE whenever they want it.

Works on retailers that refuse to honor promised services or stand behind product they sell, on hotels and restaurants that refuse to honor promised services yadda yadda yadda....and the TX Dept of Consumer Affairs can be really helpful too.

FWIW IMO This incident seems like it reeks of being able to return something that the retailer's EE suggested you buy, and did not perform as the EE's opinion suggested it should/would.

Coupled with my own lack of ability in establishing a confident buying decision communication with this retailer in recent months, and following how this incident has played out, I've been buying the same kinda optics stuff as planned for this makeover I'm going thru elewhere, and spent more money so far this year than I've spent in the last 5+ years in this category of product, and am not quite done yet. Just Sayin'

Don't be rude, don't yell & scream...and DON'T take NO for an answer either. Never Forget ...the Retailer needs you more than you need them.

IMO I found that AMEX is the best at this Satisfaction Resolution thingy when I was running $100-150K a year in T&E Expenses "back in the day" some 30 years ago traveling a national territory...but an everyday consumer level VISA/MC account ain't bad to work with either, 'specially when you have a high FICO Score and an unblemished long term payment record...and multiple open accounts that the VISA/MC vendor can see and potentially lose the $$ volume of your daily charges to a sister VISA vendor. Banks CC Operations have to compete for your business too.
Ron

Edited by WileyCoyote (04/13/15 08:51 AM)

TooTaToo...We have MET the Enemy...and He is US !!... Pogo

Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it...George Santayana

#5697170 - 04/13/15 09:02 AM Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: TGreen]
daniel1381 Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: longview texas
I always deal with Skylar and never had any issues! Best optic company I have worked with

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

Benjamin Franklin

#5699342 - 04/14/15 10:57 AM Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: TGreen]
Dien Online   content
Bird Dog

Loc: Grand Prairie
They can get a bit busy but they care about their customers. One time I had an unusually long wait and Skylar went out of his way to make it right without me asking. He knows I'll be back no matter what too.

#5700096 - 04/14/15 06:25 PM Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: TGreen]
TGreen Offline
Outdoorsman

Skylar is who told me I was in possession of "used" rings and couldn't take them back. With that said prior to this skylar has been very helpful. He just dropped the ball on this one. I will probably take my business elsewhere in the future.

#5700099 - 04/14/15 06:27 PM Re: SWFA Returns? [Re: TGreen]
TGreen Offline
Outdoorsman

Anyone need a set of new EGW 30mm tactical rings in High?
Make you a heckuva deal.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide