Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Trespassers: Grayson County #5683928 04/04/15 01:32 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Anybody recognize any of these vehicles? This is on a place just south of Pottsboro. It's fairly easy access because I don't have it fenced on one side yet because the county is going to widen the road later this year and when they do they are buying the new fence so I've been waiting for that. However this is in the furthest back part from the road and its a 200 ac place so they would have had to travel well into the property to get their picture taken.

I don't have anything on the place other than a couple trail cams but these morons did cut some pretty massive ruts and had it not been so wet I would have already had a food plot planted where they did the donuts. Any info is appreciated. Post it up or PM either way. Thanks!

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5683942 04/04/15 01:48 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I'd go check the Pottsboro HS parking lot on Monday.

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5683948 04/04/15 01:51 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Yep I thought about that. Next time I'm up I'll check it out. May even stop in and see if any of the my old teachers are around.

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5683961 04/04/15 01:57 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
I'd notify the GW, or Sheriff, if you plan on doing anything meaningful. I, bet as mentioned, they are local and the vehicles are familiar around town.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5683971 04/04/15 02:05 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
I'm planing to but I wanna see if I can figure out who they are first. Not much stopping it other than catching them until I get my fence up but still its worth a try.

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5683977 04/04/15 02:08 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Why does it matter who they are? I would let the local LE figure it out, they get paid to "investigate".

Dennis

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5683983 04/04/15 02:17 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Cause I'd like to know in case it's someone I know or if its someone who's folks I know I can confront them without involving the law. duh

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5683986 04/04/15 02:20 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: MDMORROW
Cause I'd like to know in case it's someone I know or if its someone who's folks I know I can confront them without involving the law. duh

Well if it was someone you know then you would not be posting on here now would ya...duh grin

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: stxranchman] #5683987 04/04/15 02:24 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Originally Posted By: MDMORROW

Well if it was someone you know then you would not be posting on here now would ya...duh grin

Maybe he knows "morons" that will listen. Duh

Dennis

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5684000 04/04/15 02:42 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
If you guys don't have anything worthwhile to contribute then don't stomp on my thread. The sheriff has already been out on a previous occasion and can't do much without a license plate. Thanks

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5684795 04/05/15 04:14 AM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Quote:
The sheriff has already been out on a previous occasion and can't do much without a license plate.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Pretty much right. Would apply to you as well. There doesn't seem be any real 'distinguishing' features about any of the vehicles.

You've got a white Jeep (soft top), with black rims, two door, mud tires, that's about it.

A dark Dodge truck, factory wheels, can't tell if its a 2 door or 4 door from the pics.

A white/possibly silver colored Dodge truck with either a spot light or LED light bar, possibly aluminum rims.

Nothing that would make any of those vehicles positively identifiable.

Yeah, you could probably match one or two of them up at the local High School, but without a license plate what can you really do?

Possibly move your game cam to a more advantageous angle?

Hate trespassers, had my share of them.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5684955 04/05/15 02:15 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
I've already put up another one that will catch them coming in and out.

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5684961 04/05/15 02:18 PM
C
cm250 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Sorry to hear and see Myron. Looks like the front bumper/license plate on the black Dodge are wrinkled bit. Should be enough evidence there. Will keep my eyes open for any of those vehicles. Last one looks like a light colored Ford Ranger step side with an LED light bar. Good luck my friend.

My Yote toys,
Ruger 77 22-250
Foxpro 416B & numerous hand calls
God would never send Firefighters to Hell because we would put the fire out!
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5684991 04/05/15 02:47 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I wouldn't be that hard on them. If you don't have fences and gates up with no trespassing signs or purple paint all over everything they could just say there wasn't anything telling them they couldn't go out there and rut up your field. Its probably not worth putting somebody through the ringer if you cant put a fence up to keep them out and some signs that say don't come in here. They may be young and may need to get a job one day that requires a good record and I hate to see young people make foolish mistakes that could of been easily avoided. When I was young we would go muddin anywhere there wasn't a gate holding us back. Remember we are running out of places to play. You cant even pull off the road anymore out in the country and shoot your guns without a bunch of law dogs showing up. Wheres the freedom? scratch

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: REALKILLER] #5685020 04/05/15 03:04 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: REALKILLER
I wouldn't be that hard on them. If you don't have fences and gates up with no trespassing signs or purple paint all over everything they could just say there wasn't anything telling them they couldn't go out there and rut up your field. Its probably not worth putting somebody through the ringer if you cant put a fence up to keep them out and some signs that say don't come in here. They may be young and may need to get a job one day that requires a good record and I hate to see young people make foolish mistakes that could of been easily avoided. When I was young we would go muddin anywhere there wasn't a gate holding us back. Remember we are running out of places to play. You cant even pull off the road anymore out in the country and shoot your guns without a bunch of law dogs showing up. Wheres the freedom? scratch

All property in Texas is considered private, unless otherwise posted. Your freedom stops at my property line. By law it is up to you, not me to determine where that property line is. And yes the law dogs show up because shooting from a roadway is against the law.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5685067 04/05/15 03:37 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I don't think I was clear enough on the shooting part. I didn't say I would shoot from the road. I was talking about pulling over and actually making an effort to shoot at some targets off the beaten path. People hear guns and call the law. Its funny people in America are so territorial with there property and we stole from the Indians. They didn't like us on there lands either, but they were the naturals, and we were the trespassers. Now Americans own almost every inch and we rarely have the ability to share it with our own people. We are a selfish and greedy species. Look at the illegal aliens. They trespass all the time all over America and our government rewards them with free stuff. They use up our resources and many are bandits but our government turns a blind eye to them. This confuses me, because if I trespass I go to jail and they do it all the time and our government doesn't take them to jail. I was born and raised in Texas. Im French and Indian. I think when someone is making a simple mistake it can be worked out by simply talking and not throwing them in jail for minor details. And yes when you pull off any road and travel on property that is not yours, you are trespassing, that's my point freedom doesn't mean we are free. We are prisoners of our own man, and that means we are gated out of almost everything. Its all about property.

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: cm250] #5685086 04/05/15 03:57 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: cm250
Sorry to hear and see Myron. Looks like the front bumper/license plate on the black Dodge are wrinkled bit. Should be enough evidence there. Will keep my eyes open for any of those vehicles. Last one looks like a light colored Ford Ranger step side with an LED light bar. Good luck my friend.

Thank you sir, much appreciated!!

I don't think I was clear enough on the shooting part. I didn't say I would shoot from the road. I was talking about pulling over and actually making an effort to shoot at some targets off the beaten path. People hear guns and call the law. Its funny people in America are so territorial with there property and we stole from the Indians. They didn't like us on there lands either, but they were the naturals, and we were the trespassers. Now Americans own almost every inch and we rarely have the ability to share it with our own people. We are a selfish and greedy species. Look at the illegal aliens. They trespass all the time all over America and our government rewards them with free stuff. They use up our resources and many are bandits but our government turns a blind eye to them. This confuses me, because if I trespass I go to jail and they do it all the time and our government doesn't take them to jail. I was born and raised in Texas. Im French and Indian. I think when someone is making a simple mistake it can be worked out by simply talking and not throwing them in jail for minor details. And yes when you pull off any road and travel on property that is not yours, you are trespassing, that's my point freedom doesn't mean we are free. We are prisoners of our own man, and that means we are gated out of almost everything. Its all about property.

Incorrect bud, you have all the freedom in the world here in America. Freedom to purchase your own property and stay off of mine. Also, just because I don't have a fence up (read back further for the reason) doesn't mean that it is fair game. In fact, 90% of crop land isn't fenced because its a pain to get a tractor or combine through one. That doesn't make it ok for somebody to come on it and drive through a cultivated field. You don't have to have any fencing, signage or anything whatsoever to legally say you don't want trespassers. Private property is private property and you don't have any business going onto a property if you don't know who owns it.

If you'll step back in the post a little ways you'll see where my intention was to confront the individuals themselves rather than involve the law because in all likelihood its just kids but that still doesn't make it ok. There's still damage to the property and the parents of said kids need to know how they are behaving. If they continue to do it after a gentleman's discussion then I'll have the sheriff and or GW nail their butts to the wall.

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: REALKILLER] #5685095 04/05/15 04:03 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker

This is the way trespassers and poachers think. Also if you don't like "law dogs" be sure not to waste my tax dollars calling the cops if you're ever in a situation that requires them.

Also, in the land and leases section here. There's plenty of places to hunt and play, they're just not free for the taking.

Last edited by MDMORROW; 04/05/15 04:21 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5685117 04/05/15 04:21 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Teenagers are stupid.

String some barbed wire if you have some trees where they come in. Definitely make sure you have it posted.

You're just aggravating yourself with this thread.

Good luck.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5685144 04/05/15 04:39 PM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
I know that it can be hard for some folks to find a place to shoot - but private property is still private property. Even when that fact is an inconvenience to others.

MDMORROW: I like the way you are handling it, using common sense and not flying off the handle.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5685194 04/05/15 05:18 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I can check my 100 yrd zero on my place now days, but try not to shoot too much. There are houses all through the woods and I don't like to make my neighbors that are within a sling shots reach to feel nervous and don't want to annoy them with a lot of loud shots. The others that shoot guns out here don't give a [censored], they will shoot all day. I feel like that I am a considerate person and would hope that others would feel them same way. If someone comes onto my place and I don't feel violated, Im not going to call a law and try to get them in trouble. Ill ask them whats up and tell them that they may want to leave because I don't know what their intentions are, not to mention they could accidently get caught up in some friendly stray bullet fire while Im target practicing. The issue with the fuzz that I was talking about earlier happened 15 years ago and even then I couldn't enjoy myself 15 miles out of the nearest town and its even worse now. I tried the gun range thing and you get policed so much there by the range dicks, its not even fun. Id put a fence up if your not farmin for a livin and if they cut their way in you may have reason to complain to the law. up

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5685214 04/05/15 05:36 PM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Holy cow MDMORROW. 3 trespassers in a week, and one spot-lighter. And that is only the ones that got as far as your camera. You are handling it well, but you will have to continue handling it well till you get a fence. Even purple post won't stop them because most people have no idea what they mean, and NO TRESPASSING signs only keep away honest trespassers.
I have a place on the fence line that is open because it washes out during a big rain. I might as well put up a WELCOME sign. People come and go thinking it is public property even though it fenced on either side of the wash.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5685264 04/05/15 06:21 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I was raised on a farm down in central tx. You could see a long ways. We had fields that we grew wheat, maize, and cotton. We even had hay fields. The only fields we were worried about fencing up were the ones that had livestock in them. The yield wasn't worth putting up a fences up for and it wasn't because of tractor issues. We just figured whos going to actually come out here and drive around in these bumpy old muddy fields. Also nobody gave a [censored] about stealing wheat, maize, or cotton. We had woods too and they were fenced off to keep cattle in them. One of my good neighbors had a 6 foot fence to keep his 100 head of goats in and predators out. He was so nice he made wooden latters over his fence on each end, so that I could come over to fish and hunt. We also had hot wire around all the fence rows to insure that the cattle didn't get out. The man with the goats had hot wire too. So I guess we were worried more about the cattle than the yield, since we had fences up for the cattle. We wernt worried about what was coming in but did use the fence of insurance for our cattle. Fences do have good purposes whether they keep people out of trouble or keep livestock in. East Texas has thousands of miles oil field roads that are not always gated, and Im sure it has cost a many land owner some serious problems that possibly could of been avoided if they put up some quality fencing and gates. If there is no warnings or fences could the trespasser get off on a technicality? especially with a good lawyer. scratch

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: REALKILLER] #5685309 04/05/15 06:48 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
Holy cow MDMORROW. 3 trespassers in a week, and one spot-lighter. And that is only the ones that got as far as your camera. You are handling it well, but you will have to continue handling it well till you get a fence. Even purple post won't stop them because most people have no idea what they mean, and NO TRESPASSING signs only keep away honest trespassers.
I have a place on the fence line that is open because it washes out during a big rain. I might as well put up a WELCOME sign. People come and go thinking it is public property even though it fenced on either side of the wash.

Yep you're right about that. I've also had junk dumped too up near the entrance. That's another problem that you encounter with rural property. Trespassers and poachers are a problem everywhere and I've had issues with them on other farms as well but this place is by far the worst primarily because it's the most accessible place I've got and the road going in is very apparent. It won't be long before the fence comes though and hopefully the problems will stop. That said there would be satisfaction in catching some of these characters in the act.

Im sure it has cost a many land owner some serious problems that possibly could of been avoided if they put up some quality fencing and gates. If there is no warnings or fences could the trespasser get off on a technicality? especially with a good lawyer. scratch

So you're saying that you think it's the landowner's responsibility to bear the time and expense to keep you from trespassing? I don't think so.

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5685351 04/05/15 07:29 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
If you build a pond and some dumb [censored] drowns in it you can get sewed if you don't go through the proper measures to try to warn people to stay out.= fences, purple paint, and no trespassing signs. Whats the difference in the pond and the land? scratch

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide