Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5688697 04/07/15 07:12 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
if you really want to hang someone, put a cross on the property and pray there... the crime escalates dramatically.

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5688739 04/07/15 07:45 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: MDMORROW
Cause I'd like to know in case it's someone I know or if its someone who's folks I know I can confront them without involving the law. duh

Wow. Good luck with that.

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #5688832 04/07/15 08:52 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)
Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill
Originally Posted By: MDMORROW
Originally Posted By: postoak
Is it true that it is illegal to enter private land, even if it isn't fenced and has no signs up?

uhhh..yes it is

Here is the law on it:

Sec. 30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:
(1) had notice that the entry was forbidden; or
(2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.

THose pesky definitions....

"Notice" means:
(A) oral or written communication by the owner or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner;
(B) fencing or other enclosure obviously designed to exclude intruders or to contain livestock;
(C) a sign or signs posted on the property or at the entrance to the building, reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, indicating that entry is forbidden;
(D) the placement of identifying purple paint marks on trees or posts on the property, provided that the marks are:
(i) vertical lines of not less than eight inches in length and not less than one inch in width;
(ii) placed so that the bottom of the mark is not less than three feet from the ground or more than five feet from the ground; and
(iii) placed at locations that are readily visible to any person approaching the property and no more than:
(a) 100 feet apart on forest land; or
(b) 1,000 feet apart on land other than forest land; or
(E) the visible presence on the property of a crop grown for human consumption that is under cultivation, in the process of being harvested, or marketable if harvested at the time of entry.

That doesn't add or change a thing in this case as none of them were in place per the OP. No fence on the street side, no sign, no nothing... Had he stated that one or more of the definitions of notice were in place, I would have added that part of the law. grin

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5688912 04/07/15 09:52 PM
P
postoak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
I am not talking about the case of the op with my question. So, as I understand it, it is not illegal to enter an unfenced, unmarked piece of land with no crops growing on it. You could even hunt on it.

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5689501 04/08/15 03:35 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Seems that way, even with the definition of notices and it's really hard to believe.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: REALKILLER] #5689720 04/08/15 12:22 PM
HWY_MAN Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: REALKILLER
We had 75 trail cams out on the oil and gas leases trying to catch the oil thieves. It was a tri county and TX ranger investigation. The cams caught the guy and it was our own salt water haulers stealing our oil. They knew what we had because they pulled our salt water tanks down all the time. They had it going on with their dispatch station and knew where to be at, at all the right times. Isnt it nice when the company your paying to haul your salt water off steals from you too. 75 trail cams sounds like a lot of moneys worth at 300 dollars a piece doesn't it? Whats one truck load equals 130 barrels of oil at 100 dollars a barrel times 77 truck loads? csi

If your water hauler is stealing oil I'm going to start firing right up the line and start with the pumper then the production supervisor, if it happened more than once most likely they're in on it. If they get out with a truckload your a dumbarse for not paying attention and need your arse run off.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5690306 04/08/15 06:41 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
For the record, yes there were and have been "Posted No Trespassing" signs on the property. Regardless, no matter what the law says regarding trespassing, destruction of property is a whole other deal as is poaching. There's more to it than just the one law about trespassing that's been posted.

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: HWY_MAN] #5691163 04/09/15 02:57 AM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
We had 75 trail cams out on the oil and gas leases trying to catch the oil thieves. It was a tri county and TX ranger investigation. The cams caught the guy and it was our own salt water haulers stealing our oil. They knew what we had because they pulled our salt water tanks down all the time. They had it going on with their dispatch station and knew where to be at, at all the right times. Isnt it nice when the company your paying to haul your salt water off steals from you too. 75 trail cams sounds like a lot of moneys worth at 300 dollars a piece doesn't it? Whats one truck load equals 130 barrels of oil at 100 dollars a barrel times 77 truck loads? csi

If your water hauler is stealing oil I'm going to start firing right up the line and start with the pumper then the production supervisor, if it happened more than once most likely they're in on it. If they get out with a truckload your a dumbarse for not paying attention and need your arse run off.

Rowr, hwyman. Rowr. eek2

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5691736 04/09/15 02:19 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
What you don't realize is that you cant start firing people if you don't have 100% proof of the wrong doings. Ever herd of wrongful termination. The water haulers were the first on everybodys list, but when you have a multi million contract with a company you cant throw a fit and start firing people because you have a theft problem. Remember this was a tri county investigation and texas ranger investigation. You ought to call them since you know the law so well and tell them they didn't know what they were doing and see what they have say. They couldn't even catch them. I was an employee that did what I was told and it eventually led to an arrest. The water haulers haul water 24 7 and most of the time the thefts occur when most normal people are sleeping. As for the backwards thinking opinion. I try to give you all aspects of my opinion. I do have experience with land and property disputes. If you go before a judge and say they were on my property and were breaking the law, he might ask you all the details. When you mention no fencing on a certain portion of your property and possibly a lack of no trespassing signs/ purple paint he would mention the fact that you can go onto a piece of property that doesn't belong to you, but are particulars, and he may explain them to you. I don't condone illegal activity, but you may want to put yourself in someone elses shoes before you start calling the shots. Ive been all over east tx checking pipelines on various peoples properties and didn't ask permission because I was on the pipeline itself, but technically I was on someone elses property. Depending on an on an individual that may have seen me would depend on their reaction of decisions made at the time. I did no have to get their consent because I was checking a pipeline that may of ran through their property. You have to be able to make a good judgement when seeing people on private property that you may think that they dont belong there. Ive always tried to be fair to my fellow man and not try to be irrational. I would hope that others will do the same for me too. flag

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: REALKILLER] #5691819 04/09/15 02:49 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
What you don't realize is that you cant start firing people if you don't have 100% proof of the wrong doings. Ever herd of wrongful termination. The water haulers were the first on everybodys list, but when you have a multi million contract with a company you cant throw a fit and start firing people because you have a theft problem. Remember this was a tri county investigation and texas ranger investigation. You ought to call them since you know the law so well and tell them they didn't know what they were doing and see what they have say. They couldn't even catch them. I was an employee that did what I was told and it eventually led to an arrest. The water haulers haul water 24 7 and most of the time the thefts occur when most normal people are sleeping. As for the backwards thinking opinion. I try to give you all aspects of my opinion. I do have experience with land and property disputes. If you go before a judge and say they were on my property and were breaking the law, he might ask you all the details. When you mention no fencing on a certain portion of your property and possibly a lack of no trespassing signs/ purple paint he would mention the fact that you can go onto a piece of property that doesn't belong to you, but are particulars, and he may explain them to you. I don't condone illegal activity, but you may want to put yourself in someone elses shoes before you start calling the shots. Ive been all over east tx checking pipelines on various peoples properties and didn't ask permission because I was on the pipeline itself, but technically I was on someone elses property. Depending on an on an individual that may have seen me would depend on their reaction of decisions made at the time. I did no have to get their consent because I was checking a pipeline that may of ran through their property. You have to be able to make a good judgement when seeing people on private property that you may think that they dont belong there. Ive always tried to be fair to my fellow man and not try to be irrational. I would hope that others will do the same for me too. flag

Checking pipelines / services wells, etc. is entirely different than your regular trespasser or poacher. As part of the lease for that pipeline or well there are provisions to allow the proper personnel on the property for business in regards to that well unit or pipeline. That's why nobody gave you a hard time. Plus had you torn up the property for some reason, depending on the wording of the lease, the oil company would probably owe surface damages to the owner. Happens all the time.

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5691903 04/09/15 03:34 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
My point is that its a visual thing. Ive driven past trail cams on pipelines and can be in town and some hyprochondriac will stop me and ask why were you on my property and we called the law on you. When I explain why Im in a truck or 4 wheeler checking wells or pipelines they say ohhhh well called the law on you anyways. This is what Im talking about. They saw someone on their property and their first reaction was to call the law and not to try and analyze the situation. Its the same way either with trail cams or in person. People would rather call the law rather than simply ask what Im doing or try to figure out why I was only seen on the pipeline or location. Its chicken sh t. Now if I was acting in a foolish/or violent manner on their property I would understand. I see people all the time in the leases and make quick judgements. They could be a hunting club member of that lease, or a contractor, powerline company, ect. The oilfield is a heavy traffic area in the terms of being mostly in the country. If I spent all my time running down each individual I saw and asking them questions about what they were doing there ,I would never get anything else done and probably would be harmed for disrespecting working people. I do see people that don't belong from time to time and most of the time they see someone they just haul it out of there anyways. If I can I will catch a tag and pic and I will take documentation in case something comes up missing or damaged. I know the rules of the pipeline, oil lease situation. Ive worked in the oilfield since 1992. up

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: REALKILLER] #5691957 04/09/15 04:10 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
My point is that its a visual thing. Ive driven past trail cams on pipelines and can be in town and some hyprochondriac will stop me and ask why were you on my property and we called the law on you. When I explain why Im in a truck or 4 wheeler checking wells or pipelines they say ohhhh well called the law on you anyways. This is what Im talking about. They saw someone on their property and their first reaction was to call the law and not to try and analyze the situation. Its the same way either with trail cams or in person. People would rather call the law rather than simply ask what Im doing or try to figure out why I was only seen on the pipeline or location. Its chicken sh t. Now if I was acting in a foolish/or violent manner on their property I would understand. I see people all the time in the leases and make quick judgements. They could be a hunting club member of that lease, or a contractor, powerline company, ect. The oilfield is a heavy traffic area in the terms of being mostly in the country. If I spent all my time running down each individual I saw and asking them questions about what they were doing there ,I would never get anything else done and probably would be harmed for disrespecting working people. I do see people that don't belong from time to time and most of the time they see someone they just haul it out of there anyways. If I can I will catch a tag and pic and I will take documentation in case something comes up missing or damaged. I know the rules of the pipeline, oil lease situation. Ive worked in the oilfield since 1992. up

Then should know we are talking about two different things.

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5692003 04/09/15 04:36 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Same subject just different situations in different parts of Texas

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5705782 04/18/15 01:33 AM
J
JRR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Ag fields near me have huge ruts in them from "kids" 4 wheeling through them. I just hope years from now they have a nice place and somebody thinks it's funny to mess it up for them.

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: REALKILLER] #5706131 04/18/15 01:06 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

"Hyprochondriac"?

First: spellcheck, believe it.

Second: I don't think that word means what you think it means...

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5706145 04/18/15 01:20 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I had the rut problem on the 55 acres I maintain here at the house. I closed the entrances with telephone poles and rocks. That stopped it for a while. When it happened again, I could follow the tracks back to property that adjoined the acreage and found the kids old beater truck in the back yard. I told the kid that works with me to let it be known that if it happened again he would come home to a truck rolled over on its back. He knew I could do it with my FEL. I never woulda, but that stopped it.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: therancher] #5706146 04/18/15 01:21 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: therancher

"Hyprochondriac"?

First: spellcheck, believe it.

Second: I don't think that word means what you think it means...

rofl

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide