Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5685361 04/05/15 07:35 PM
M
MEXICOHUNTER70 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
I had a kid drive through my corn field last year but he did leave his license plate behind . I tracked him down and gave him the option to detail my combine or I'd press charges . So he spent 3 nice 105 degree days making my machine look like new. I figured if I pressed charges it would just come out of his parents pocket.

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5685364 04/05/15 07:39 PM
M
MEXICOHUNTER70 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
If I caught them I'd give them some picks and shovels and let them fix the ruts.

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MEXICOHUNTER70] #5685377 04/05/15 07:47 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: MEXICOHUNTER70
If I caught them I'd give them some picks and shovels and let them fix the ruts.

x2

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: REALKILLER] #5685380 04/05/15 07:49 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: REALKILLER
If you build a pond and some dumb [censored] drowns in it you can get sewed if you don't go through the proper measures to try to warn people to stay out.= fences, purple paint, and no trespassing signs. Whats the difference in the pond and the land? scratch

I doubt you'll get "sewed" but you might get sued. No difference though. Either way the landowner still wins because the person was where they shouldn't be without permission. You don't have to fortify private property for the safety of the uninvited public. That's nonsense.

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5685481 04/05/15 09:27 PM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: MDMORROW
If you build a pond and some dumb [censored] drowns in it you can get sewed if you don't go through the proper measures to try to warn people to stay out.= fences, purple paint, and no trespassing signs. Whats the difference in the pond and the land? scratch

I doubt you'll get "sewed" but you might get sued. No difference though. Either way the landowner still wins because the person was where they shouldn't be without permission. You don't have to fortify private property for the safety of the uninvited public. That's nonsense.

haha glad someone said it

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MEXICOHUNTER70] #5685490 04/05/15 09:35 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: MEXICOHUNTER70
I had a kid drive through my corn field last year but he did leave his license plate behind . I tracked him down and gave him the option to detail my combine or I'd press charges . So he spent 3 nice 105 degree days making my machine look like new. I figured if I pressed charges it would just come out of his parents pocket.

up

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5685518 04/05/15 10:08 PM
C
cos Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
C
Homemade spikestrips, will flatten every tire. Just don't forget about them.

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: cos] #5685545 04/05/15 10:24 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted By: cos

While I'd love to do this, setting booby traps is where you start getting into some gray areas of the law and open yourself up to a suit.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #5685591 04/05/15 10:51 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
Originally Posted By: cos

While I'd love to do this, setting booby traps is where you start getting into some gray areas of the law and open yourself up to a suit.

Definitely true. Plus I'd forget about them and mess my own stuff up.

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5685683 04/06/15 12:12 AM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
At one time I worked for a large oil and gas company. I was a multi tasker for the company. I was in control of security, a relief pumper, crew pusher, and did land man stuff. If we had a theft or trespassing problem it was because someone cut their way in and did what ever they were going to do and the only one to blame was them because all measures were taken to keep them out. We built heavy gates, cattle guards, entrance ways, put out trail cams, built fences and still had problems, but we did do what we could to keep them out. We had oil theft in large quantities, equipment theft, and vandalism problems. I hid in the bushes and did surveillance trying to catch the oil tanker that was stealing our oil. We caught them with trail cams finally and it was a major salt water hauler in the area. The guy is in prison. And is co partners that were buying the oil got busted too. I had one well by some drug houses that had a bad theft problem. They were bad about stealing our gates, so we welded them to metal poles and they cut them off with a torch. They got busted stealing from another company in the area in the middle of the day. They would go up to our pumping units and rip all the wire out. Trust me Ive dealt with trespassers in a bad kind of way. If they were just dumping and mudding my job would of been a lot easier. I also had to install chain link fences around our well heads for insurance reasons. Trust if you you think your law suit proof your wrong, but why not go ahead and do what you can to protect your property and you may not have to stress it in the future, up I was a certified land baren a hole. Doesn't mean I liked it, but it paid the bills.

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: REALKILLER] #5685773 04/06/15 01:51 AM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
I wouldn't be that hard on them. If you don't have fences and gates up with no trespassing signs or purple paint all over everything they could just say there wasn't anything telling them they couldn't go out there and rut up your field. Its probably not worth putting somebody through the ringer if you cant put a fence up to keep them out and some signs that say don't come in here. They may be young and may need to get a job one day that requires a good record and I hate to see young people make foolish mistakes that could of been easily avoided. When I was young we would go muddin anywhere there wasn't a gate holding us back. Remember we are running out of places to play. You cant even pull off the road anymore out in the country and shoot your guns without a bunch of law dogs showing up. Wheres the freedom? scratch

That could be the most asinine thing I have read on here. Let me give you a tip don't try that in Shackleford county, if our GW or sheriff catches you your "freedom" will probably be lost for a night.

Last edited by huntwest; 04/06/15 02:01 AM.
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5685820 04/06/15 02:26 AM
C
Catch Dog Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Real Killer is right about the purple paint, no trespassing, etc; no denying those facts if they trespass again.

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5685885 04/06/15 02:53 AM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
I'm confused. First you say...

Quote:
Cause I'd like to know in case it's someone I know or if its someone who's folks I know I can confront them without involving the law. duh

But then we find out you have already gone to the law...
Quote:

If you guys don't have anything worthwhile to contribute then don't stomp on my thread. The sheriff has already been out on a previous occasion and can't do much without a license plate. Thanks

This is interesting...
Quote:
So you're saying that you think it's the landowner's responsibility to bear the time and expense to keep you from trespassing? I don't think so.

Well, if you want to keep people from trespassing, who do you think will bear the time and expense for you? If the landowner doesn't do it, who will?

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: Dry Fire] #5686112 04/06/15 12:34 PM
B
bobsumner Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Originally Posted By: Dry Fire
I wouldn't be that hard on them. If you don't have fences and gates up with no trespassing signs or purple paint all over everything they could just say there wasn't anything telling them they couldn't go out there and rut up your field. Its probably not worth putting somebody through the ringer if you cant put a fence up to keep them out and some signs that say don't come in here. They may be young and may need to get a job one day that requires a good record and I hate to see young people make foolish mistakes that could of been easily avoided. When I was young we would go muddin anywhere there wasn't a gate holding us back. Remember we are running out of places to play. You cant even pull off the road anymore out in the country and shoot your guns without a bunch of law dogs showing up. Wheres the freedom? scratch

All property in Texas is considered private, unless otherwise posted. Your freedom stops at my property line. By law it is up to you, not me to determine where that property line is. And yes the law dogs show up because shooting from a roadway is against the law.

Exactly. Well said.

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5686207 04/06/15 01:28 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Hehe! I'm not a lawyer or involved in enforcing the law so I don't know all the ins and outs. But I can tell you what cures it....at least for some.

Back in the day, we did a lot of hard work ranching. Fixing fences, raising hay, cussing balers, messing with cows, all of it. I worked for my friends dad and would stay at their house a lot so we could get an early start, around 5 am. That's hard on 16, 18, 19 yo's. tired There wasn't much for kids our age to do at night. We used to like to go sliding around the muddy roads and whatnot for fun. One night we had a ball sliding all over a pasture. Somehow, we failed to notice it had been planted. We would not have done it otherwise because we knew the work and expense it took. Well, the landowner knew it was us in very short order and called my friends dad either late that night or really early the next morning. OMG!! He yanked us out of bed in the dark and we were dressed in seconds sitting in the truck. Not a word spoken other than to get dress pronto and get in the truck. As we drove, each of us knew what it was. We replanted the field and worked to repay that man for what we had done and my friends dad for his embarrassment. I'm sure they chuckled in private, but man did they work us. I promise you we never entered another pasture and walked a much tighter overall line after that. It was a character builder for sure.

These kids may or may not be in the same boat, but it reminded me of a lesson I got many years ago. grin

Last edited by dfwroadkill; 04/06/15 01:30 PM.
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: bobsumner] #5686216 04/06/15 01:33 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
I'm confused. First you say...

Quote:
Cause I'd like to know in case it's someone I know or if its someone who's folks I know I can confront them without involving the law. duh

But then we find out you have already gone to the law...

If you'll read a little more closely you'll see I have spoken to the law on a previous occasion and like I said there's not much they can do without a plate. Not to mention they've got better things to do than stake out my property watching for jeeps. No I have not spoken to them in regards to this most recent incident and like I said I'd rather settle it directly if its a local kid and I may know their folks or something like it. Either way its not worth getting something on a kids permanent record if things can be made right.

Quote:
Quote:

If you guys don't have anything worthwhile to contribute then don't stomp on my thread. The sheriff has already been out on a previous occasion and can't do much without a license plate. Thanks

This is interesting...

Refer to what I said above.

Quote:
Quote:
So you're saying that you think it's the landowner's responsibility to bear the time and expense to keep you from trespassing? I don't think so.

Well, if you want to keep people from trespassing, who do you think will bear the time and expense for you? If the landowner doesn't do it, who will?

Private property doesn't need a fence or require one. I have one coming but that's besides the point. It's up to you to make sure you're obeying the law not a landowner. If you enter property that you know you aren't given permission to be or even enter private property accidentally then you're breaking the law, whether theres a fence, paint, cameras, guards, whatever, doesn't matter.

Refer to this:

Originally Posted By: Dry Fire

All property in Texas is considered private, unless otherwise posted. Your freedom stops at my property line. By law it is up to you, not me to determine where that property line is. And yes the law dogs show up because shooting from a roadway is against the law.

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5686278 04/06/15 02:08 PM
T
texashunter900 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I have seen the jeep and the white truck out on the Red River 4 wheeling.

Last edited by texashunter900; 04/06/15 02:10 PM.
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: texashunter900] #5686295 04/06/15 02:20 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: texashunter900
I have seen the jeep and the white truck out on the Red River 4 wheeling.

If you run across them again and don't mind doin so see if you can grab a plate number if you don't mind. Thanks!!!

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5686385 04/06/15 03:25 PM
T
texashunter900 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I am constantly having problems in Grayson COunty also, poachers and thieves are thick.

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5686410 04/06/15 03:34 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Yep there's some upstanding citizens around here for sure. I grew up there so I'm quite familiar with the goings on.

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5686524 04/06/15 04:35 PM
B
BTL Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
It's a fallen world so nothing surprises me these days. It definitely looks like some teenagers out messing around and probably told a friend about a place to go and they showed up later. I would recommend you put up the appropriate signage, forgive them, and move on. If it happened again I would then seek out some type of justice (GW, Sherriff, or find their parents).

Oh and nothing wrong posting the pic's and trying to find them, but with this being an open public forum I think you're only going to get feedback that's going to "stir the pot" and probably make this experience even worse than it already is for you.

God Speed!

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5686560 04/06/15 04:57 PM
MDMORROW Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Thank you sir! I don't mind the pot stirring, as far as I'm concerned once they entered my property any pictures I have of them taken with my cameras are mine to do with as I please. You're correct though, some folks don't like that kind of thing.

[Linked Image]
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5686670 04/06/15 05:54 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
You might try sitting at the Post Office or Brookshires parking lots.

Lots of teen's park on the side of the road now days at the entrance to Island View Park now that it is gated off - couple hundred yards south of the entrance to Lighthouse Marina on 289 North.

I'd also cruise the Elks Club, American Legion & VFW parking lots. I know that the beach access at Simmons Shores is being violated right now that the water is down, according to a Board Member I spoke to last week. If you make that route be sure to look at HiLand Shores and Preston Shores ramps too, as they are not locking the gates at nite as per COE Regs for HOA's and lots of late nite stuff goes on at Hiland Shores with young folks bonfires and beer parties. I keep wondering how those HOA's keep their COE Concession Access License Permit. Same problem with folks driving around the locked gates to get on COE land at Simmons Shores.

IMO this sounds like the same older than 'teens with 25-30+ year olds that we used to have a problem with when there was public access to the beach from our street, that is now cordoned off with used TxDot Hwy rail that the COE gave us.
Good Luck
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 04/06/15 06:10 PM.

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5686678 04/06/15 05:58 PM
K
kindall Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Its like that all over, and even fencing doesn't stop some of them.
Its just easier to keep (trap) them from getting away from you, if your property has good fences. Nothing funnier than watching them run straight to the gate, where the police are waiting on them. Other than family had one try to get away on his dirt bike, and crashed and burned. He had to push it to the gate where the police took care of him.

Shopping with your husband is like hunting with the game warden.
Experience is what you get, when you didn't get what you wanted.

Re: Trespassers: Grayson County [Re: MDMORROW] #5686728 04/06/15 06:44 PM
K
krod777 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
Lots of activity in Cooke County. Thieves, trespassers, poachers, shooting into your property. I got it all too!!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide