S
SkyPup Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
Works wicked on my RS64-35mm!

Some of the improvements are:

The InstaAlert feature has been changed and is improved across the board as follows:

1. Reduce the sensitivity of I1 by 20-30%

2. Change I2 to the current I1

3. Change I3 to the current I2

4. Change I4 to the current I3

[url]http://www.flir.com/hunting-outdoor/display

I spend my money on dogs, hunting, racing, women, and whiskey - the rest I waste.
Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: SkyPup] #5679736 04/01/15 06:06 PM
S
SkyPup Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S

I spend my money on dogs, hunting, racing, women, and whiskey - the rest I waste.
Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: SkyPup] #5680092 04/01/15 10:20 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
How far out can you pick up a coyote with that rig?

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #5680101 04/01/15 10:25 PM
S
SkyPup Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Mine has the 640X512 core with a 35mm germanium lens, other versions will perform different than mine.

For taking the shot with this scope on my 556, 325 yards. For detecting the coyote twice that.

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: SkyPup] #5680104 04/01/15 10:28 PM
S
SkyPup Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
Stay tuned for more downloadable updates coming down the pike for end users to self install themselves for improved performance and new features, including both PS and LS series hand scanners, in addition to the RS ThermoScopes. banana

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #5680249 04/02/15 12:06 AM
S
SkyPup Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Here is a dead hog at 175 laser measured yards with that rig:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpH6W8RjyYo

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: SkyPup] #5683070 04/03/15 08:24 PM
S
SkyPup Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
Works very nice on the 7mm Rem Mag too, but the hogs do not particularly care for it! rifle

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: SkyPup] #5683090 04/03/15 08:39 PM
S
SkyPup Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
New reticule designs for the RS are not a problem and can be easily created for future upgrades.

First focal plane ranging reticules will require allot of math though for the step and continuous magnifications, so will take a longer time to perfect.

What kinds of reticules would you all like to see?

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: SkyPup] #5683136 04/03/15 09:03 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Can they incorporate an update to help the focus?

Like a Digital focus control or sharpness enhancement.

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5683148 04/03/15 09:09 PM
S
SkyPup Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: HuntTXhogs

The RS64-60 has a manual objective lens focus with a minimum of 15 feet to infinity, all the other RS series have minimum objective focus at 15 feet to infinity.

All of the RS scopes have the glass ocular diopter focus control for those without 20:20 corrected eyesight, although even those with 20:20 eyesight should adjust their diopter setting to that which is the clearest for them. There are other important vision skills besides 20:20 vision, including peripheral awareness, eye coordination, depth perception, focusing ability and color vision that contribute to your overall visual acuity.

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: SkyPup] #5683219 04/03/15 09:57 PM
S
SkyPup Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
The RS ThermoSight update is super simple.

First off you need a PC and a USB to USB Mini cable to hook up your ThermoSight, your charging cable works for this.

Leave the ThermoSight OFF when plugging into computer.

Download the ThermoSight USER GUI zip file and unzip and follow the instruction in the Word Document file. Install the ThermoSight USER GUI onto your computer.

Also download the firmware update dfu. file and save it somewhere easy to get to.

The latest dfu. file contains the new updates as well as all previous updates put out prior to now.

Run the User GUI with your ThermoScope plugged ed in and turned off.

Once GUI is running, turn on your ThermoScope and allow the USB drivers to install 100%, this may take several minutes and is extremely important, DO NOT proceed until the new USB drivers have been completely installed onto your computer to allow communication with your RS scope.

After drivers are fully installed 3-4 minutes later, follow the instructions and install the new dfu. file using the GUI.

You can also change the automatic shutoff time.

It is baby-proof simple.

http://www.flir.com/hunting-outdoor/display/?id=53129

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: SkyPup] #5683226 04/03/15 10:03 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: SkyPup

The RS64-60 has a manual objective lens focus with a minimum of 15 feet to infinity, all the other RS series have minimum objective focus at 15 feet to infinity.

All of the RS scopes have the glass ocular diopter focus control for those without 20:20 corrected eyesight, although even those with 20:20 eyesight should adjust their diopter setting to that which is the clearest for them. There are other important vision skills besides 20:20 vision, including peripheral awareness, eye coordination, depth perception, focusing ability and color vision that contribute to your overall visual acuity.

The one with manual focus control wouldn't need the digital focus control or sharpness enhancement but the others that are fixed focus could use a little assist in that regard.

Isn't it just a matter of software integration with a firmware build like the IR Hunter MKII or MKI for that matter?

diopter makes the screen view as best as it can get to a viewers eye but bringing the image to focus from there on a fixed lens system takes tricks.

HTXH

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5683233 04/03/15 10:08 PM
S
SkyPup Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
Hmmm, the IR MKI microbolometers are the exact same FLIR cores with different display drivers, but unfortunately does not take any of the new digital image enhancements that are provided for the FLIR RS series use in these latest updates.

There have been four major revisions of the TAU2 cores since last summer, the latest is the TAU 2.7.2 firmware/software upgrade which was released last summer to the high end thermal camera market but just now has been configured for the RS series ThermoSight thermal scopes. This is part of the normal evolution of this focal plane array thermoresister device and there will be more improvements to come as the microbolometer itself is more and more highly characterized.

Are you having problems installing the image enhancement update for the latest TAU 2.7.2 firmware in your RS, it really is super simple?

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: SkyPup] #5683787 04/04/15 06:01 AM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Yeah I'm having a bit of trouble upgrading to FLIRs latest update being that I don't own the thermoresistor device.

Were the display drivers in the RS series made available to IRD for use in the MKi or did they decide they wanted to build their own (go a different direction)?

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5683993 04/04/15 02:34 PM
S
SkyPup Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
Yeah I'm having a bit of trouble upgrading to FLIRs latest update being that I don't own the thermoresistor device.

Were the display drivers in the RS series made available to IRD for use in the MKi or did they decide they wanted to build their own (go a different direction)?

I figured you were having trouble upgrading your RS scope to the latest imaging enhancements since you were asking specifically about the RS image quality improvements and the latest upgrade totally changes all that from what it was before. To answer your question then, you will have to go on a hunt with an RS scope with the latest upgrade to find out.

The FLIR display drivers are proprietary to their specific device as are the MK1 display drivers, FLIR does not provide their proprietary software to FLIR Core Channel Partners, any second hand company using their cores will have to develop their own specific drivers for their own specific equipment construct.

There are no generic drivers and their are specific legal contracts and restraints regarding their use.

Have you contacted IR Defense to see if they are using the ATN Thor drivers as those are the people you would have to ask to answer you second question?

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: SkyPup] #5683996 04/04/15 02:40 PM
S
SkyPup Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
The new upgraded image enhancements worked absolutely beautiful last night when we took down this big boar hog using them @ 125 yards! grin

It was a fantastic hunt and we did not get home until 3AM, four bald eagles are feasting on the offal this morning! cheers

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: SkyPup] #5684052 04/04/15 03:28 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: SkyPup

I figured you were having trouble upgrading your RS scope to the latest imaging enhancements since you were asking specifically about the RS image quality improvements and the latest upgrade totally changes all that from what it was before. To answer your question then, you will have to go on a hunt with an RS scope with the latest upgrade to find out.

The FLIR display drivers are proprietary to their specific device as are the MK1 display drivers, FLIR does not provide their proprietary software to FLIR Core Channel Partners, any second hand company using their cores will have to develop their own specific drivers for their own specific equipment construct.

There are no generic drivers and their are specific legal contracts and restraints regarding their use.

Have you contacted IR Defense to see if they are using the ATN Thor drivers as those are the people you would have to ask to answer you second question?

I rented an RS scope so I'm aware how they perform and if the upgrade does nothing for the outline sharpness then it is good to know because your information thread served its purpose, it allowed me to make a decision to save additional money as opposed to renting again.

The driver information is good to know also as I learned how it works with regards to Flir cores and driver distribution.

Have a good day

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5684167 04/04/15 04:48 PM
S
SkyPup Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
You'll just have to rent another RS Thermal scope to find out how great the four latest updates in image improvement are that you have not seen, at least now you now about them! wink

Then, when you purchase one for yourself, you can utilize the updates I linked to in this thread about the RS updates too! happy3

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: SkyPup] #5684171 04/04/15 04:51 PM
S
SkyPup Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
The Good Friday Black Hog is being converted into Easter Ham! grin

HAPPY EASTER!

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: SkyPup] #5685057 04/05/15 03:31 PM
S
SkyPup Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
BTW, the DFU file for updating the software/firmware using the GUI contains all of the updates released prior for the ThermoScope, including the most recent one.

The DFU file is located in the folder of the zip file that was downloaded to install the GUI software, that is the file you install onto your ThermoSight.

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: SkyPup] #5685153 04/05/15 04:49 PM
P
Pittstate Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
SkyPup

I updated my Thermasight and I lost my menu now. No reticle or anything....you have any idea what is going on?

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: Pittstate] #5685206 04/05/15 05:27 PM
S
SkyPup Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
You may need to reinstall the update.

Make absolutely sure that the USB drivers are fully installed before trying to use the GUI as you need that to first be able to communicate with your scope through the GUI.

Try reinstalling after the GUI has made communication with your scope.

Hope this helps.

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: SkyPup] #5685216 04/05/15 05:38 PM
P
Pittstate Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
It is communicating fine. When I got done with it all, I lost the use of my menu. When it starts up, it doesn't even say FLIR at the beginning. I tried to fix too. I just cleaned the gui off my computer and going to try and reinstall it. Wish me luck.

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: SkyPup] #5685220 04/05/15 05:42 PM
S
SkyPup Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
S
Good Luck!

Hope that it re-installs for you okay.

When you hook up the USB cable to the computer, make sure your scope is turned off.

After you get the GUI up and running, then turn on your scope and see if it reads the information from your scope, if it does, then you can proceed to re-install the update.

Re: FLIR RS ThermoScope Update Available [Re: SkyPup] #5685225 04/05/15 05:49 PM
P
Pittstate Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
The gui tool is not able to communicate with my computer while the scope is turned off. I have to turn it on for the update tool to recognize the scope. Is this normal? It is normal with all the rest of my electronics that hook up to my computer (tablet, phone and garmin).

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide