Forums46
Topics537,785
Posts9,729,128
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: DH 1] #5674391 03/29/15 02:07 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: DH 1
When over 85% of the show is commercials and some of the shows have 7+ sponsors, I have to go somewhere else for entertainment. I am patiently waiting for the day that TTH publishes an article about some guys that sleep in a tent, hunt low fence and kill a 6 point that scores 90 points.

There was two this past month. One on 70acres and one on I think 30 acres....

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: tlk] #5674689 03/29/15 06:28 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: tlk
Originally Posted By: BMD
Originally Posted By: REALKILLER
Im not trying to take away from your daughters right ups and all of that at all. Ive had writers call me and want to publish pictures and writings on deer and fish that I have killed. I have been in Tx sportsman and a bow hunting news paper. I even have made the local paper a couple times with big fish. If it makes you feel better. smile

Lol I am defending the magazine everyone wants to bash them for advertising my point is they are willing and do a great job with regular hunt stories more than the hf stuff most the guys whining flip through and look advertisement and don't bother to read. They just assume. And you know how that works out.

BMD - your daughters articles and hunts are real and awesome. I killed a 201 low fence deer in 2009 and was featured in a TH magazine article. I have subscribed for years. But the public and customers rule and there is no denying that the magazine has changed and the perception is it has become a breeder/HF publication. Right or wrong that is the perception so that becomes reality

Exactly.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5674712 03/29/15 06:46 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: tlk
Im not trying to take away from your daughters right ups and all of that at all. Ive had writers call me and want to publish pictures and writings on deer and fish that I have killed. I have been in Tx sportsman and a bow hunting news paper. I even have made the local paper a couple times with big fish. If it makes you feel better. smile

Lol I am defending the magazine everyone wants to bash them for advertising my point is they are willing and do a great job with regular hunt stories more than the hf stuff most the guys whining flip through and look advertisement and don't bother to read. They just assume. And you know how that works out.

BMD - your daughters articles and hunts are real and awesome. I killed a 201 low fence deer in 2009 and was featured in a TH magazine article. I have subscribed for years. But the public and customers rule and there is no denying that the magazine has changed and the perception is it has become a breeder/HF publication. Right or wrong that is the perception so that becomes reality

Exactly.

Let me post a LF 170 plus inch on this forum and see how long it takes for some one to post HF or $$$$$

So I guess the real perception is big deer only come from on HF. Ask TLK how many HF or $$$$ comments he got on that post.........

It blows my mind how that can actually be the perception of TTH when I just proved the extent of HF and breeder articles. This issue isn't an isolated example either...he'll pick up one from 10 years ago.

It just goes to show the shallow perception of some.

Being bored I went and looked at the nov 2014 issue.... Not one article on a HF deer....

Last edited by BOBO the Clown; 03/29/15 07:16 PM.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5674905 03/29/15 10:24 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
No HF articles? How many articles are there about regular joes that don't make 250k per year? How many articles were there that weren't on a paid for hunt on a big [censored] ranch?

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: BOONER] #5674920 03/29/15 10:38 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Originally Posted By: BOONER
No HF articles? How many articles are there about regular joes that don't make 250k per year? How many articles were there that weren't on a paid for hunt on a big [censored] ranch?

Articles more advertisement not, the articles are majority about regular joes but the perception is hf due the advertising. But you already have it perceived the other way so no way are you going to change your mind.

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: BOONER] #5674923 03/29/15 10:42 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

9 this month with two articles about deer taken from under 80 acres places.

Only one article was a paid/outfitted ranch...that ranch also leases pastures.

And the feature articles in Nov where a GW's deer(Grayson co) and a deer off a place in rains county...

Hummmm that kind of backfired didn't it... Ironically both also featured on THF....

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: BMD] #5674933 03/29/15 10:47 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Articles more advertisement not, the articles are majority about regular joes but the perception is hf due the advertising. But you already have it perceived the other way so no way are you going to change your mind.

Starting to think only a few people read on this thread.... How much clearer can I be?

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: BMD] #5675206 03/30/15 01:43 AM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

You hit the nail on the head - the heavy breeding advertising does give the perception of HF periodical

You can't fix stupid
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5675374 03/30/15 03:06 AM
L
LuckyHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Starting to think only a few people read on this thread.... How much clearer can I be?

I guess one thing is for sure. The people that hate HF look at the pictures "advertising" more than read the articles.

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5675387 03/30/15 03:18 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

They only read what they want to read...

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5675605 03/30/15 12:57 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B

And the feature articles in Nov where a GW's deer(Grayson co) and a deer off a place in rains county...

Hummmm that kind of backfired didn't it... Ironically both also featured on THF....

No I don't guess it did. I quit getting the magazine years ago so I will admit that I guess I am WRONG. I got online and found an article about BMDs girl and that's the extent of my TTHs mag experience for several years now.

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5675670 03/30/15 01:38 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Maybe TTH should come out with a LF mag only and we wouldn't be questioning the pics and articles in the mag as much. That would probably clear things up. I know that sponsors help pay the bills, but I could do without all that flash too. You know big [censored] unpractical feeders, High dollar buggies, and deer that just don't hang out in my woods. They could keep it under 200 inches with an occasional non tip that breaks out of the 200 in mark. Ive got a friend that makes extra huntin money by guiding deer hunts on a high fence ranch. He sometimes tries to show me the bucks they kill in that fence and I say now you know I don't give a [censored] about those phoney [censored] deer. One time he said look at this 400 inch deer. I said that's some [censored]. He said, but he killed it with a bow. I said I don't give a [censored] how he killed it. I don't want to be around HF, look at HF stuff, and I don't want HF people looking at the deer killed because their brain is so throwed off they don't even know what real is anymore. The weird thing is that my friend doesn't even hunt high fence and is a die hard bow hunter. His biggest buck is a 127 inch 8 point. That's reality. up Oh ya the guy that owns that ranch shoots deer in velvet with22 rat shot to grow bigger non tips, and also got arrested for smuggling out of state deer into Texas and mix breeding them. Sounds like a dirty world that the White Tail just doesn't deserve. My buddy that is a guide said its all about the money money money! smile

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5675674 03/30/15 01:40 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Deer I Killed

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: BOONER] #5675702 03/30/15 01:57 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

No I don't guess it did. I quit getting the magazine years ago so I will admit that I guess I am WRONG. I got online and found an article about BMDs girl and that's the extent of my TTHs mag experience for several years now.

Actually some pretty good articles in there. What a lot of people forget is 90% of the articles are submitted by members like BMD's daughter, TLk, RTP, iluvbigbucks etc.

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: REALKILLER] #5675709 03/30/15 02:01 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Maybe TTH should come out with a LF mag only and we wouldn't be questioning the pics and articles in the mag as much. That would probably clear things up. I know that sponsors help pay the bills, but I could do without all that flash too. You know big [censored] unpractical feeders, High dollar buggies, and deer that just don't hang out in my woods. They could keep it under 200 inches with an occasional non tip that breaks out of the 200 in mark. Ive got a friend that makes extra huntin money by guiding deer hunts on a high fence ranch. He sometimes tries to show me the bucks they kill in that fence and I say now you know I don't give a [censored] about those phoney [censored] deer. One time he said look at this 400 inch deer. I said that's some [censored]. He said, but he killed it with a bow. I said I don't give a [censored] how he killed it. I don't want to be around HF, look at HF stuff, and I don't want HF people looking at the deer killed because their brain is so throwed off they don't even know what real is anymore. The weird thing is that my friend doesn't even hunt high fence and is a die hard bow hunter. His biggest buck is a 127 inch 8 point. That's reality. up Oh ya the guy that owns that ranch shoots deer in velvet with22 rat shot to grow bigger non tips, and also got arrested for smuggling out of state deer into Texas and mix breeding them. Sounds like a dirty world that the White Tail just doesn't deserve. My buddy that is a guide said its all about the money money money! smile

I stopped reading this due to the censered words. Kind of looses its point.

Don't know what else to say to editions = 20 articles and only one was a HF deer. On top of that majority where sub 150" deer.

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5676052 03/30/15 04:51 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
My point is that Ive seen enough dirty crap that goes on in the HF world that I cant even think about agreeing with any of it. So if I see a hint of HF in a magazine or video I don't want any part of it. If TTH magazine would start up a low fence only magazine it might turn some heads. Ive got another one for you. I know greentruck man that is in the administration portion of the state GWs. One day this HF dude pulled the GW over at a stop sign and got out and told the GW that he was fixing to get hammered by the state because he got caught artificially inseminating white tails with some exotic semen creating some form of beastly deer. The GW said I already told you that you couldn't do this and that you are going to get in trouble for doing it. He also said there is nothing I can do for you and you are in the wrong. This is another reason why I don't like HF. It wont be long and there wont be any natural native deer because of inner breeding and deer getting out of fences. Go south of San Antonio and this is probably already happened. up

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: REALKILLER] #5676073 03/30/15 05:00 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
My point is that Ive seen enough dirty crap that goes on in the HF world that I cant even think about agreeing with any of it. So if I see a hint of HF in a magazine or video I don't want any part of it. If TTH magazine would start up a low fence only magazine it might turn some heads. Ive got another one for you. I know greentruck man that is in the administration portion of the state GWs. One day this HF dude pulled the GW over at a stop sign and got out and told the GW that he was fixing to get hammered by the state because he got caught artificially inseminating white tails with some exotic semen creating some form of beastly deer. The GW said I already told you that you couldn't do this and that you are going to get in trouble for doing it. He also said there is nothing I can do for you and you are in the wrong. This is another reason why I don't like HF. It wont be long and there wont be any natural native deer because of inner breeding and deer getting out of fences. Go south of San Antonio and this is probably already happened. up

No you've seen breeder issues not HF issues. Breeder and HF aren't interchangeable nor are they the same.

Also hate to break it to you but by 1940 there was only one pure genetic native herd in North America and that's the King. You can thank restocking, over hunting and screw worms.....not HF. But HF did help the restocking efforts.

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5676098 03/30/15 05:12 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B

Actually some pretty good articles in there. What a lot of people forget is 90% of the articles are submitted by members like BMD's daughter, TLk, RTP, iluvbigbucks etc.

Ok Bobo I'm gonna check them out again.

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5676103 03/30/15 05:14 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Hunting is a personal thing, not meant to be commercialized. In short, hunting and TV don't mix. As Dave said, it cheapens all involved.

Hunting is that to you. Not me.

Some people truely love letting other people experience hunting with them...wether on tv or in person.

Letting someone see places and hunts that some of us may never get to go or hunt is alright in my book.

By painting a broad brush of a cheap commericalized hunting experience what you really painting is your personal view of hunting thus highly limited to yourself. In turn it degrades those that like to share their experiences.

Well, everything I type is simply my opinion unless stated as factual. Sorry if anyone feels degraded.

There are a few shows I like too. But by and large, IMO, the crass commercialization of hunting is not a good thing. And hunting TV is a leader in the crass commercialization. IMO. It is changing what hunting used to be into something else. IMO. There is little about the true hunting experience that translates well on TV. IMO.

Couldn't possibly agree more with BoBo.

And your opinions are fine even though I don't agree with them all.

Hunting just like EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD is changing. Wanting anything to stay the same is a futile want IMO.

Here's where I disagree with you. "There is little about the true hunting experience that translates well on TV. IMO." And in your defense, you stated it was IYO. But where it goes south is that you are trying paste your opinion on what is "true" on others. We all have a slightly/to drastically different opinion of what a "true hunting experience is".

Some of us just don't have the need to impose our opinion to define hunting for others.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5676105 03/30/15 05:15 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Booner- fair enough!!! Thank you for having an open mind!

cheers

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5676108 03/30/15 05:17 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B

I stopped reading this due to the censered words. Kind of looses its point.

Don't know what else to say to editions = 20 articles and only one was a HF deer. On top of that majority where sub 150" deer.

Really, Realkiller? You get all your HF info from your "buddy". There are plenty of legit HFs operations. Way more good ones than bad!

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5676159 03/30/15 05:40 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
I didn't step in jack. I never said the cover story was HF.

Defend TTHA all you want. I said they are not all bad. But they are and have been into the commercialization of hunting for at least 25 years. Period.

Argue all you want. Disagree all you want. Anyone that has been around and has paid attention knows that.

"It seems that there are some on here that can't stand to be disagreed with" - NP

roflmao

Last edited by therancher; 03/30/15 05:56 PM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: DH 1] #5676213 03/30/15 06:01 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: DH 1
When over 85% of the show is commercials and some of the shows have 7+ sponsors, I have to go somewhere else for entertainment. I am patiently waiting for the day that TTH publishes an article about some guys that sleep in a tent, hunt low fence and kill a 6 point that scores 90 points.

So.... a phone call is a "phony" experience if it's not done on a rotary dial too???

Things change folks. If businesses (mags and shows) don't stay current then they fail. A nostalgic article/episode is cool sometimes. But it won't ever be the bread and butter anymore.

Last edited by therancher; 03/30/15 07:01 PM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5676298 03/30/15 06:37 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
You'll have to forgive me its just not my way. smile

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5676850 03/31/15 12:35 AM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R

That's me on the Red River flood plain in about 1987. That's when Phil Robertson was just making wooden duck calls and was not so famous. You could actually go duck hunting and not see any other duck hunters. Now they're everywhere thanks to TV. smile

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide