Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics536,621
Posts9,715,003
Members86,971
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
VA says it will relax 40-mile rule for private medical care #5667556 03/24/15 11:08 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content OP
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: VA says it will relax 40-mile rule for private medical care [Re: NORML as can be] #5670716 03/26/15 08:19 PM
N
Nathan at Fork Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
That's great news. I need to look into this thing now. Its a one hour trip to the closest small VA clinic from me and 1 1/2 hours to the Dallas VA.

[Linked Image]
Re: VA says it will relax 40-mile rule for private medical care [Re: NORML as can be] #5671717 03/27/15 11:26 AM
U
upsslim Offline
Tracker
Tracker
U
If you are over 40 miles they will send you a card. I got mine a few months ago. Nathan I think they have a clinic in Greenville now.

East Texas
Patriot Guard Rider
Flag Captain
Re: VA says it will relax 40-mile rule for private medical care [Re: NORML as can be] #5672064 03/27/15 03:06 PM
N
Nathan at Fork Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
The clinic in Greenville is the one I use. I got the card in the mail a few month back but since Im less than 40 miles "as the crow flies" I didn't even read into the benefits. Looks like I may be able to take advantage of the benefits now.

Im wondering about people who live less than 40 miles from a small VA clinic like in Greenville. They have to put in a referral for everything and then you have to go to either the Dallas VA or the Bonham VA. Are those services you have to drive to a VA hospital to get able to be obtained through a private facility? The only thing the Greenville VA clinic is good for is refilling my meds, for sickness like the flu or cold, and for putting in referrals for everything else.

[Linked Image]
Re: VA says it will relax 40-mile rule for private medical care [Re: NORML as can be] #5674068 03/29/15 02:33 AM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Just missed it......I'm 31.5 miles from the Fort Worth Clinic! Oh well at least for now I'm on a six month schedule.

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: VA says it will relax 40-mile rule for private medical care [Re: NORML as can be] #5676509 03/30/15 08:32 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Latest news from Military.com.
http://www.military.com/veterans-report/va-to-expand-veterans-choice-eligibility?ESRC=vr.nl

Quote:
In order to expand eligibility for the Veterans Choice Program, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has announced that it will change the calculation used to determine the distance between a Veteran's residence and the nearest VA medical facility from a straight line distance to driving distance. The change is expected to roughly double the number of eligible Veterans. Veterans seeking to use the Veterans Choice Program should call 1-866-606-8198 to confirm their eligibility and to schedule an appointment. A fact sheet on the 40-mile-rule change is available online. For more information, visit the Veterans Choice Program webpage at www.va.gov/opa/choiceact/factsheets_and_details.asp and the VA Progress Report online.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: VA says it will relax 40-mile rule for private medical care [Re: NORML as can be] #5676762 03/30/15 11:47 PM
R
rangerk9 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
ALCON,

US Army Retired here. 100% VA, 90% Army. I will not step foot on a VA Property. The level of incompetence and lack of caring has dissuaded me from ever going. You have accomplished your Mission VA - to run yet another "Customer" off so you have less work to do. I will not bore you with my tales of VA Woe - most of you have your own to tell anyway.

So as not to be a bi#ch$r/whiner...here are my recommended solutions:

A thermite grenade needs to be placed on the Organization and it should be abolished.

1. Give all Veterans Medicare and allow them to choose Doctors/Services.
2. Pay Veterans at either the 0%, 50%, or 100% compensation rate. Up the compensation dollar amounts by 40-50% (to provide a livable income). Do away with the convoluted Compensation and Pension System that is rigged to deny benefits. Sadly, the dirtbags will get through the system - but, they are already.
3. Sell of all of the properties, vehicles, equipment, facilities, etc... to assist in paying for above and below listed items. The savings in Salaries and Benefits for the gazillion GS-13,14,15, and SESrs will be tremendous!
4. Pay a private contractor to Administer Benefits portion of the mission and only renew the contract if Customer Satisfaction Surveys warrant it. = HOLD ACCOUNTABLE!
5. Vet and Pay Non-Profits to conduct some areas of therapy, counseling and recreation (Carrick Brian Center, etc...) Again, only renew the payment of Non-Profits if Customer Satisfaction Surveys warrant it. = HOLD ACCOUNTABLE!

For the high performing employees of the VA, this message doesn't refer to you. Since there are only a small percentage of you - under the above plan, I would hope you "land" well and find employment Serving Veterans. WE desperately need you! However, for the greater good - this dysfunctional Organization needs to be abandoned and quickly.

The American Tax Payer is throwing bad money after bad. And, they have thrown a lot of money at the problems - BUDGET is not the PROBLEM = LACK OF QUALITY LEADERSHIP is the Albatross around everyone's neck. It is pulling down generations of Veterans into a morass of lack of caring, lack of competence and a lack of performance, for those that fought and were wounded, injured, or ill from defending their country! You can't teach people how to care - you have to find caring people, hire them, recognize them, and let them thrive. The VA has no idea of this concept.

For those of you that have had a good experience at the VA - I am very happy for you! But, as I do my volunteer work to assist hundreds of fellow Combat Veterans, I hear one central theme (see above). So, please don't say - "The VA is great to me - leave it alone." We pledged a bond to one another and if you are getting serviced well and ten of your Ranger/Battle/Marine/Sailor/Airmen Buddies are getting shart upon - you need to head into the fight for them! We don't leave fallen comrades - Service doesn't end with a DD-214. DO NOT THINK JUST ABOUT YOURSELF in this discussion please!

Demand better, come up with solutions (mine may not be the best and may have a 0 Meter Effective Range), contact your Elected Leadership, Serve your Brothers and Sisters in any way that you can. We are Warriors and need to fight like the Third Monkey on Noah's Ark for Service that is reflective and deserved for every returning Veteran.

Rex

Fellowship of American Patriots - IM3

RLTW!!

Do Good!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide