Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
BigHit, Sifat, TJWatkins, Jlivi1224, 65chevy
60473 Registered Users
Top Posters
dogcatcher 77468
stxranchman 52092
RWH24 44568
rifleman 43787
BOBO the Clown 41118
BMD 40539
Big Orn 37484
txshntr 33685
bill oxner 32658
sig226fan (Rguns.com) 30571
facebook
Forum Stats
60473 Members
45 Forums
476100 Topics
6245546 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#5672660 - 03/27/15 05:07 PM SS 5-20 Mil/ Mil FFP Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21 HD question/comparison
Pitchfork Predator Online   content
THF Celebrity

Registered: 01/25/13
Posts: 10844
Loc: Murphy, TX Dickens county
Ok. I'm looking at each of these scopes for hunting/long range shooting and for that reason feel more comfortable with the mil/mil recticle.

Question is, what's the advantage of having all the grid/tree stuff in the other 2 recticles the Bushnell offers?

I'm leaning toward the Bushnell because of the size and weight. They are very close in price to each other.

I hear alot of good things regarding the SS scope and I know this Bushnell line is relatively new from what I have read.

Any comments or advice I would appreciate.
_________________________
Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920

Top
#5672670 - 03/27/15 05:17 PM Re: SS 5-20 Mil/ Mil FFP Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21 HD question/comparison [Re: Pitchfork Predator]
6.5x47Lapua Offline
Tracker

Registered: 12/13/14
Posts: 518
Loc: dfw
Check into the bushnell lrhs. They were purpose built for what you are trying to do.

Top
#5672674 - 03/27/15 05:20 PM Re: SS 5-20 Mil/ Mil FFP Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21 HD question/comparison [Re: Pitchfork Predator]
daniel1381 Offline
Extreme Tracker

Registered: 03/07/12
Posts: 3508
Loc: longview texas
Swfa 5x20x50 hd installed on my 338lm. Love the scope super clear ! Will be switch over to that on my 300 win mag
_________________________
"From my cold dead hands"

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

Benjamin Franklin


Top
#5672685 - 03/27/15 05:27 PM Re: SS 5-20 Mil/ Mil FFP Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21 HD question/comparison [Re: Pitchfork Predator]
FiremanJG Offline
THF Celebrity

Registered: 12/16/08
Posts: 17893
Loc: Wolfe City, TX
I've ben using the SS for three years.

Bushnell us supposed to be sending me a demo scope. Once I get it, I can give you a heads up conparison of the two. Having the ability to hold elevation and wind simultaneously is handy, but I would only use it less than 5% of the time. The other 95% I will dial elevation and hold wind.
_________________________


800 Yard Steel Rifle Range
Long Range Shooting Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available


Top
#5672694 - 03/27/15 05:38 PM Re: SS 5-20 Mil/ Mil FFP Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21 HD question/comparison [Re: FiremanJG]
Pitchfork Predator Online   content
THF Celebrity

Registered: 01/25/13
Posts: 10844
Loc: Murphy, TX Dickens county
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
I've ben using the SS for three years.

Bushnell us supposed to be sending me a demo scope. Once I get it, I can give you a heads up conparison of the two. Having the ability to hold elevation and wind simultaneously is handy, but I would only use it less than 5% of the time. The other 95% I will dial elevation and hold wind.


Are you referring to my question about the other recticles with all the grid and tree stuff?
_________________________
Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920

Top
#5672709 - 03/27/15 05:52 PM Re: SS 5-20 Mil/ Mil FFP Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21 HD question/comparison [Re: Pitchfork Predator]
FiremanJG Offline
THF Celebrity

Registered: 12/16/08
Posts: 17893
Loc: Wolfe City, TX
Yes sorry, I didnt elaborate enough.
_________________________


800 Yard Steel Rifle Range
Long Range Shooting Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available


Top
#5672731 - 03/27/15 06:05 PM Re: SS 5-20 Mil/ Mil FFP Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21 HD question/comparison [Re: Pitchfork Predator]
dee Offline
Extreme Tracker

Registered: 04/10/10
Posts: 4665
Loc: Red River way
I don't think you'll be disappointed with either.
_________________________
"A vote is like a rifle; it's usefulness depends on the character of the user" Theodore Roosevelt

Top
#5672846 - 03/27/15 07:32 PM Re: SS 5-20 Mil/ Mil FFP Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21 HD question/comparison [Re: Pitchfork Predator]
6.5x47Lapua Offline
Tracker

Registered: 12/13/14
Posts: 518
Loc: dfw
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator


I'm leaning toward the Bushnell because of the size and weight.


You realize that the bushnell and ss are the same weight right? In fact the non illuminated ss is 2 ounces lighter.

The lrhs does save a bit of weight.

Top
#5672875 - 03/27/15 07:52 PM Re: SS 5-20 Mil/ Mil FFP Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21 HD question/comparison [Re: 6.5x47Lapua]
FiremanJG Offline
THF Celebrity

Registered: 12/16/08
Posts: 17893
Loc: Wolfe City, TX
Originally Posted By: 6.5x47Lapua
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator


I'm leaning toward the Bushnell because of the size and weight.


You realize that the bushnell and ss are the same weight right? In fact the non illuminated ss is 2 ounces lighter.

The lrhs does save a bit of weight.


If he's talking about the Bushy ERS or the DMR, then they are 1.65" or 1.45" shorter (respectively) than the SS.
_________________________


800 Yard Steel Rifle Range
Long Range Shooting Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available


Top
#5673126 - 03/27/15 10:11 PM Re: SS 5-20 Mil/ Mil FFP Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21 HD question/comparison [Re: Pitchfork Predator]
Cleric Offline
Veteran Tracker

Registered: 03/11/12
Posts: 2579
I put a ss on my 308 and was going to put a pst 4-16 on my hunting scope. Almost wish I could trade the swfa as for a bushy 3-21 for my hunting and put the 4-16 on the 308

Top
#5673544 - 03/28/15 12:05 PM Re: SS 5-20 Mil/ Mil FFP Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21 HD question/comparison [Re: Pitchfork Predator]
SingleShot85 Offline


Registered: 05/27/09
Posts: 1750
Loc: S.A. and Kinney Co.
Bushy ERS DMR HDMR LRHS hands down in 1200 dollar price range unless you feel illum is a mandatory feature then the SS is next in line
_________________________
"That the people have a Right to MASS and to bear arms; that a well regulated militia composed of the Body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper natural and safe defense of a free State..."
- George Mason

Top
#5673612 - 03/28/15 01:36 PM Re: SS 5-20 Mil/ Mil FFP Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21 HD question/comparison [Re: Pitchfork Predator]
dee Offline
Extreme Tracker

Registered: 04/10/10
Posts: 4665
Loc: Red River way
I'd throw the gen 1 Razor in that bunch right now too. A few places have the 5mil version marked down to 1300. A very good deal imo.
_________________________
"A vote is like a rifle; it's usefulness depends on the character of the user" Theodore Roosevelt

Top



© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide