Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: US F&WS did something right [Re: LuckyHunter] #5683707 04/04/15 03:47 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: SheepHunter
Sheep hunting is hard period. Physically and mentally challenging period. However common sense should also reasonably tell us mountain climbing at 12K feet has to compare favorably. To say somehow one is easier than the other is hammer

Now for me my toughest most physically demanding hunt was mountain goat. Maybe because I mistakingly thought it could not be as hard as NA sheep. Boy was I wrong. However from that point on I never took any mountain species for granted as easier than the other. None of us should.

Concur with that, but as you know all units and tags are different. Some of those tags aren't in tough units. Now those tags are considerably harder or cost more. My point is we all decide how hard we are going to make a hunt.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: US F&WS did something right [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5683719 04/04/15 03:57 AM
L
LuckyHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Sheep hunting is hard period. Physically and mentally challenging period. However common sense should also reasonably tell us mountain climbing at 12K feet has to compare favorably. To say somehow one is easier than the other is hammer

Now for me my toughest most physically demanding hunt was mountain goat. Maybe because I mistakingly thought it could not be as hard as NA sheep. Boy was I wrong. However from that point on I never took any mountain species for granted as easier than the other. None of us should.

Concur with that, but as you know all units and tags are different. Some of those tags aren't in tough units. Now those tags are considerably harder or cost more. My point is we all decide how hard we are going to make a hunt.

No argument here.

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: US F&WS did something right [Re: J.G.] #5683739 04/04/15 04:11 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Reading comprehension bad tonight.

Multiple times I have acknowldedged the hunt is hard.

To slow the reading process I enter spacing.

Hard hunt that still requires big money.

Sheep hunting can be affordable , especially if you're a resident and have local knowledge already. But the more you spend higher your success odds go up. One of my good friends has a dall and BH, both on military pay. He was a resident of both states he drew in. I was suppose to help him on His BH but I had an emergency appendix surgery.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: US F&WS did something right [Re: Hunt Dog] #5684148 04/04/15 04:30 PM
L
LuckyHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
I for one have experience in both HF/LF.

North American sheep and Mountain goat were some of my toughest hunts physically and mentally. They consisted of backpacking by foot into remote regions of rough mountains. All were successful, which does not mean I pulled the trigger on every hunt, it means I experienced sheep hunting to the fullest. Some hunters place more value in success than the adventure. I place everything into the adventure and the memories generated. This is why my man cave is a room full of memories not a room full of trophies. My opinion.

I have also experienced adventures for let's say less complex game ...muskox for example. Now in reality where is a big brown hairy fur ball going to hide on a flat solid white surface. As a friend once said the muskox is dead when you get off the plane he just does not know it yet. However the 30-50 below temps, my eye lashes freezing, being pulled on a sled across the frozen tundra and lakes of ice was an adventure. Is the muskox less important to me than my NA sheep? No. I just feel I was truly blessed to be able to experience both. Then again this can be said about every memory in my man cave.

Now HF. For me a Texas rancher somewhere at sometime decided for what ever reason I want to introduce hunt able populations of blackbuck, axis, addax or what ever animal onto his land. Maybe he first started with a couple of young males and several females.
Just like the black rhino in Africa. To these gentleman or ladies I say thank you.

My first experience was the blackbuck 2,000 acres self guided. I learned about their territories and weakness for the females. 3 days later on foot I harvested a beautiful male. Should this adventure be wiped out of my memory because it happened within a HF or because I should have booked a trip to India? No, not in my opinion. For me Texas HF ranches have given me the opportunity to experience the complexity or simplicity of not only the animal but each experience. Just like the NA sheep vs. Muskox. Now as far as adventure is concerned is leasing a piece of land, setting up a blind and feeder, scouting rub lines and scraps sitting in your blind before daylight, listening to mother nature wake up an adventure? Yes. Is it more important than backpacking into wilderness mountain territory? No. We each are entitled to the pursuit of happiness. To some it’s the height of the fence to some it’s only the success to others it’s another trophy on the wall, to some it’s score. Each of us have a drive that keeps us coming back for more.

Can “what brings us back for more” be viewed as right or wrong? Yes. But slamming each other on this forum clearly solves nothing. I’m betting a lot of us have more in common than we think.

Conclusion: To me it’s making every trip into the outdoors an adventure. I love my world and the blessings I have received. To all fellow outdoorsman up

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: US F&WS did something right [Re: Hunt Dog] #5684214 04/04/15 05:21 PM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
^^^ Most thought out and well put post I've seen.

Re: US F&WS did something right [Re: Texas Tatonkas] #5684230 04/04/15 05:45 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Texas Tatonkas
^^^ Most thought out and well put post I've seen.

Very well put and the EXACT Argument I have about the "Victim"
Well said Sir and it's everyone's decision and right..and congrats on your kills and adventures...envious and Happy for you up

Re: US F&WS did something right [Re: LuckyHunter] #5684239 04/04/15 05:54 PM
T
TonyinVA Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Well said..... some are always going to disagree, but to each is own.

Re: US F&WS did something right [Re: Hunt Dog] #5684242 04/04/15 05:54 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
So what about the black rino and the US F&WS ruling? bang

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: US F&WS did something right [Re: Hunt Dog] #5684243 04/04/15 05:55 PM
B
Barcelona Rick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Darn 7 pages...hookers referenced...but not a single AR comment...where is Curly when we need him ?

Re: US F&WS did something right [Re: Hunt Dog] #5684245 04/04/15 05:57 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: US F&WS did something right [Re: Barcelona Rick] #5684298 04/04/15 07:04 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Barcelona Rick
Darn 7 pages...hookers referenced...but not a single AR comment...where is Curly when we need him ?

You need to change your settings, I am just on page 4. up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: US F&WS did something right [Re: stxranchman] #5684322 04/04/15 07:40 PM
Payne Online Shocked
Cat Herder
Online Shocked
Cat Herder
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

[Linked Image]
Re: US F&WS did something right [Re: dogcatcher] #5684333 04/04/15 07:58 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Originally Posted By: Barcelona Rick

You need to change your settings, I am just on page 4. up

scratch dang Gov. spying on me. rofl tis like some of the leases, dueling then the culling suprizrd its not in lockdown . flag

i'm postaddic
Re: US F&WS did something right [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5685222 04/05/15 05:43 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

2cents take your esacaped HF hog hunts. been sitten a waiten between two feeders, food plot, were can drive up if hog goes down. vs WMA were if ya get hog, gotta backpack it out for grillen & chillen. both were lowfer hunts. WMA, finding hog's twas always de easy part.. Again nothing against HF hog hunts. flag

i'm postaddic
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide