Forums46
Topics537,970
Posts9,731,206
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: REALKILLER] #5677093 03/31/15 02:17 AM
R
rattler03 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: REALKILLER

That's me on the Red River flood plain in about 1987. That's when Phil Robertson was just making wooden duck calls and was not so famous. You could actually go duck hunting and not see any other duck hunters. Now they're everywhere thanks to TV. smile

I don't see what's bad about that. I think its great that more people are getting into duck hunting and hunting in general. IMO, we need more hunters, not less hunters. Not everyone grows up in a hunting family, and I think one of the many positive outcomes of the Duck Dynasty show is that it exposes the general public to hunting and some people that probably would never have hunted get into the sport. As a side, I also like they are so open about their Christian faith.

By the way, these "new" hunters have just as much right to be out on that river as you do, just because you were there first doesn't mean its yours and yours alone.

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: rattler03] #5677193 03/31/15 03:04 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: rattler03

That's me on the Red River flood plain in about 1987. That's when Phil Robertson was just making wooden duck calls and was not so famous. You could actually go duck hunting and not see any other duck hunters. Now they're everywhere thanks to TV. smile

I don't see what's bad about that. I think its great that more people are getting into duck hunting and hunting in general. IMO, we need more hunters, not less hunters. Not everyone grows up in a hunting family, and I think one of the many positive outcomes of the Duck Dynasty show is that it exposes the general public to hunting and some people that probably would never have hunted get into the sport. As a side, I also like they are so open about their Christian faith.

By the way, these "new" hunters have just as much right to be out on that river as you do, just because you were there first doesn't mean its yours and yours alone.

Nooo no no... you don't understand. RK has an entitlement mentality. He "found it first"! Doesn't want to share (even though it's not his to lord over). And he wants to define what is "real" hunting for everyone else.

He couldn't care less about the success of individuals/families like the Robertsons who have done more for the hunting/outdoor lifestyle than anyone in recent history. It's all about RK and the fact that he can't hoard his hunting for free anymore!

Last edited by therancher; 03/31/15 03:05 AM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5677402 03/31/15 10:53 AM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Try telling that to a bunch of old die hard duck hunters that can barely find a freed up piece of water to hunt. What about the ducks? I sure hope they have learned how to lay more eggs. You know a coyote will have more offspring in heavily hunted conditions, up to five pups, so that they don't go extinct. Hope the ducks have done the same. Im not a greedy person, but I don't go out hunting just so that I can get in the same traffic jam and stair at a bunch of [censored] people that I could of seen in town. I go hunting to get away from hunters and people and enjoy the peace and quiet. I don't duck hunt anymore. Remember when lead poisoning killed out the ducks. Now overpopulated steel shot will take its place. up The ducks don't need my help getting shot. I shot enough ducks when I was a kid that I don't care If I shoot another duck ever again. smile

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5677473 03/31/15 12:08 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Ive got another one for you. There are so many duck hunters on the lakes during duck season lining the banks that the ducks cant land without getting shot at. The ducks will actually wad up in the middle of the lake and just sit there because they are tired of flying around and cant find a safe place to land. I just hope that dabblers learn how to become divers, because if they don't they might starve to death. The wave of the future for duck hunting is going to be private reservoirs. When I hunted Ducks, they did not do this they just flew the banks and landed. Must be because of too many duck hunters. up

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: REALKILLER] #5677524 03/31/15 12:41 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Ive got another one for you. There are so many duck hunters on the lakes during duck season lining the banks that the ducks cant land without getting shot at. The ducks will actually wad up in the middle of the lake and just sit there because they are tired of flying around and cant find a safe place to land. I just hope that dabblers learn how to become divers, because if they don't they might starve to death. The wave of the future for duck hunting is going to be private reservoirs. When I hunted Ducks, they did not do this they just flew the banks and landed. Must be because of too many duck hunters. up

Lol, that's a tall windy one... FYI ducks have always rafted up to loath. I usually duck hunt in 3 states a year sometimes four. I use to hunt with lead also. I also know the old point system well. Puddlers becoming divers to not starve to death... loco no where to land due to to many hunters lining the banks... loco

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5677593 03/31/15 01:31 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I don't recall ducks orbiting the atmosphere in large rotations and then dumping down in the middle of the lake. When I duck hunted back in the day I never saw this kind of activity. Latly I hear duck hunters complaining about it more and more. Yes they do splash down occasionally on the banks, but with a lot less comfort. Maybe I just hunted were no one else did and they didn't have to do this were we hunted. I did see them fly in formations at high altitudes before and after shooting hours coming and going to roost. In the mornings they would just break off and circle till they found some comfortable shallow water, usually being on the banks. Now a group of divers would land in the middle of the lake and feed, but they were divers. We didn't hunt divers and rarely saw them. Ive seen grouped up ducks in the middle of a lake during duck season that wernt divers and wernt feeding recently, so were they just taking a break or staying away from heavy hunting pressure? Why not just land on the banks? I never saw this, maybe because we mostly hunted back water. We did hunt caddo a lot and I never saw it there either. scratch

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: 68A] #5677715 03/31/15 02:32 PM
F
Fishercounty Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
Originally Posted By: 68A
Last hunting show i seriously watched was a video for the tree lounge back in the early 90's. It was an older couple, actually a decent video as far as real hunting was concerned. wore out that vhs tape.
I think I used to watch the same video, were they hunting some pretty swampy areas? Loved that tape lol. Dont watch much tv so I haven't seen a lot these new shows everyone is talking about. Back before tv shows they actually used to make "hunting" videos for sportsmen.

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5677737 03/31/15 02:45 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I still have all my old vhs hunting tapes and I have 3 working vhs players. I kick back and watch one every once in a while. Ball and powder southern style and Invading big buck bedding areas are my favorite. Roger raglan is one bad sucker, and the ball and powder guy is cool to cant remember his name right now, and was it allen altizer that used to arrow those deer with wooden bows at 5 yards. Those dudes worked hard for some good footage. smile

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5678940 04/01/15 03:36 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Lol, that's a tall windy one... FYI ducks have always rafted up to loath. I usually duck hunt in 3 states a year sometimes four. I use to hunt with lead also. I also know the old point system well. Puddlers becoming divers to not starve to death... loco no where to land due to to many hunters lining the banks... loco

I have found that a stiff shot of RealKiller goes down much better with a little "theme from Deliverance" chaser...

wink

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5680409 04/02/15 01:41 AM
V
vanndchi Offline
Tracker
Tracker
V
I like Bucks of Tecomate and Brush Country Monsters. Real tree is ok too. But, getting cheesey

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5682610 04/03/15 02:47 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
I like the Realtree,'Monster bucks' series.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide