Forums46
Topics538,006
Posts9,731,704
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5670969 03/26/15 10:49 PM
E
elkhunter7x6 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E
I dont get into hunting or fishing shows anymore.

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5671090 03/27/15 12:05 AM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
popcorn

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5671104 03/27/15 12:13 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Well NP you stepped in to it real good this time... But I expected you to

Actaully cover is a about a LF deer on a ranch that also has lease pasture had several conservative awards.

First article...picking an outftter how to guide!
Second article is about a family that hunts together (7 actually). Not just about deer I might add since it's about a family's quest to own a ranch and promote hunting. Also several family ducks hunting photos. With most pics being women....

Next article a turkey hunting article...ironically that includes the wife. With half those photos being women.

Next article kids FRIST Buck...LF at that... Written by the KID!!!

Next article beginners like luck guy shots first deer with bow on 30 acre ranch.....LF 163"

Next Article Family Hunting tradition ....photo Mom and Son with 120" deer.. Also takes about family hunting together... Mostly momma and kids photos

Next article cover story LF deer!!!!

Next article panhandle turkeys!!!

Next article HF deer( first one).... But it's realy about one mans dream of building a hunting ranch up!!

Next article Nuge with a 130" deer

Next article 40 year TTHA recap

Next article gear review

Next article KIDS and Game cams!!!!!

Next article coyote hunting

Next article werid whitetails (cool article)...albino, piebald and etc ( no HF deer or deer photos over 110)

Next article KIDS deer about 120"

Next article off season handgun shooting

Next article 59 year FIRST deer low fence 79 acres 120"

Next article turkey hunting(written by a female and all female pics)

Next article axis deer hunt

Next article important of picking a caliber that YOU can handle

Next article LF axis

Next article turkey hunting

Next article historical peice on the Louisiana purchase

Next article PERSONAL growth for KIDS

Next article rattling horns..

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5671112 03/27/15 12:20 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Directly kids 4 articles
Directly women 3
Family based hunting 3
First Deer-4

LF deer-9
HF deer- 1 (that doesn't sell hunts!!!!)

Like I said you stepped in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel good articles roflmao

I can't even count how many cover stories and article have been published by THFer's in that magazine 99% of them LF deer!!!!!!!!

But again this doesn't fit your anti-HF propaganda agenda nor your agruement so why mention it, right? Especially when you clearly have the magazine for reference!!!!

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5671173 03/27/15 01:00 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
One of the greatest article TTH did was on a Deer one of our Hunters had taken on our place, very well written and a great group of guys...very well written and really wanted to get the Story not just the pictures

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5671215 03/27/15 01:26 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I didn't step in jack. I never said the cover story was HF.

Defend TTHA all you want. I said they are not all bad. But they are and have been into the commercialization of hunting for at least 25 years. Period.

Argue all you want. Disagree all you want. Anyone that has been around and has paid attention knows that.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5671246 03/27/15 01:44 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Quote:
Well, looked at my TTHA magazine. Cover story is a super high dollar south TX deer. Feature story is a monster from a 1500 acre HF place outside Uvalde. Chock full of breeder, "pay to play"

Choke full of breeders means= Ironically on deer and one ranch and that doesn't sell hunts, where the story was actually about the dream of ranch ownership lol

And the LOW FENCE cover story was a once in a lifetime gift hunt his family bought for him on a ranch that also sub leases pastures out

I find it funny that a magazine you are dogging and say is all about HFing and breeder deer has more story's about women, kids and sub 150 deer then anything else.... And a good chunck of the deer taken in the mag where sub 100 acres LF properties.

You also missed the part that a big chuck of the articles where SUBMITTED stories, by members.

It's ok, it's mudbug season

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5671292 03/27/15 02:04 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
I can make a pretty good list.

Regardless it's like Texas trophy hunters mag... Most people in here will say it's all HF deer and breeders yet....last issue I read had more youth hunting stories and vet stories about sub 140 deer then it did big deer

That's true.

But overall the trend towards crass commercialization has been inexorable. As RM said, it is all blended together so much now many folks don't even know the difference anymore.

The hunting shows, TTH magazine, and HFs have all been at the forefront of it. Not every hunting show is Ted Nugent/Wildgame Nation, not every story in TTH is a HF penned hunt, and not every HF place is a canned hunt on 100 acres. But, overall, they have not been good for hunting. IMO.

The subject is commercialization. HF is only a part. Here's my original post on the subject. You have to make up stuff I didn't say to even argue about it.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5671318 03/27/15 02:13 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Great so there was 1 commerical based hunt in TTH this month....that means they commercialize hunting...the other 10 are just feel good right????? Not promoting youth hunting not promoting women hunting and not promoting family hunting....

I supported my opinion in my orginal post with fact.

Now...

Focus on the content not the advertisements and have a good night sir it's my bed time.

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5671327 03/27/15 02:17 AM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
You guys need to get out and see some sunshine!

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5671381 03/27/15 02:33 AM
68A Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Last hunting show i seriously watched was a video for the tree lounge back in the early 90's. It was an older couple, actually a decent video as far as real hunting was concerned. wore out that vhs tape.

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5671403 03/27/15 02:42 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
clap

roflmao

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5671405 03/27/15 02:43 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
7ARanch is the Gentleman still around that filmed that show Sir

Re: "Fair Chase" What say ye? [Re: stxranchman] #5671436 03/27/15 02:51 AM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Well I know a lil red head that has been in multiple issues and the cover and nothing high dollar about shooting a deer off a regular Joe ship the rag man lease. They have been very good to Kacee over the years and for no other reason than her being a kid. Gotta like that.

Re: "Fair Chase" What say ye? [Re: BMD] #5671485 03/27/15 03:08 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: BMD
Well I know a lil red head that has been in multiple issues and the cover and nothing high dollar about shooting a deer off a regular Joe ship the rag man lease. They have been very good to Kacee over the years and for no other reason than her being a kid. Gotta like that.

Truly great guys and really seem to care about the Story not just the Pictures ...
As with Churches, Buisness's or anything there is good and bad..but I enjoyed the approach they took to cover one of our senior Hunters Animal and we are low fenced. (Not that it matters but to a few ) Unlike some that stand on a Pedestal claim to be Mr Ethical Old School but are associated with Breeding Operations

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5671658 03/27/15 09:52 AM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Ii think the perception for me and other people on the magazine is that for over a long period of time they have built up the reputation of being a HF mag buy possibly just their covers themselves. Lets say a dozen years ago I worked at a bow shop and struggled to sell one particular product and it was mostly because of its exterior coating. It was the PSE compound bows. They just wouldn't change the damn paint. They kept the same bland camo for years. This caused people to walk right buy them and go to the Mathews. Mathews had just come out with the SQ,FX, ect series bows and had a new exterior camo coating. Not to mention the PSE bows had the same ol heavy risers, older style limbs, and those ugly plastic grips. Even when they did come out with a solo cam it was heavy and had the same ol damned camo paint. We actually talked to PSE about this and they said they were struggling for a new design. We explained to PSE that it was hurting their sales. So my point is that when I walk buy or any other random person walks buy TTH mags we look at the cover and see a ridiculously huge deer on it or some write ups about this that or the other and we automatically pass it up because it said TTH on the front of it. Its a long term effect thing. I don't expect them to change their name I just wont buy one. Maybe their new years resolution was to start getting back to the basic hunter this year. The last time I picked one up was at wal mart lets say two deer seasons ago. I did this because it had a natural sized deer on the front cover with an average joe looking hunter holding it up. I scanned pass a lot of HF stuff to get to that right up and read a portion of it while my wife was shopping and set it back on the shelf. The one LF right up wasn't worth me buying a magazine full of sales for huge feeders, huntin buggies, and big velvetine deer. Just didn't interest me. Im sure TTH is doing just fine without my purchase. up

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5671659 03/27/15 09:58 AM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Ive seen that tree lounge video. Ive actually owned one of the stands. It was huge and I sold it to a friend. He loves it. He sleeps in it. smile

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: REALKILLER] #5672222 03/27/15 04:44 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Originally Posted By: REALKILLER
Ii think the perception for me and other people on the magazine is that for over a long period of time they have built up the reputation of being a HF mag buy possibly just their covers themselves. Lets say a dozen years ago I worked at a bow shop and struggled to sell one particular product and it was mostly because of its exterior coating. It was the PSE compound bows. They just wouldn't change the damn paint. They kept the same bland camo for years. This caused people to walk right buy them and go to the Mathews. Mathews had just come out with the SQ,FX, ect series bows and had a new exterior camo coating. Not to mention the PSE bows had the same ol heavy risers, older style limbs, and those ugly plastic grips. Even when they did come out with a solo cam it was heavy and had the same ol damned camo paint. We actually talked to PSE about this and they said they were struggling for a new design. We explained to PSE that it was hurting their sales. So my point is that when I walk buy or any other random person walks buy TTH mags we look at the cover and see a ridiculously huge deer on it or some write ups about this that or the other and we automatically pass it up because it said TTH on the front of it. Its a long term effect thing. I don't expect them to change their name I just wont buy one. Maybe their new years resolution was to start getting back to the basic hunter this year. The last time I picked one up was at wal mart lets say two deer seasons ago. I did this because it had a natural sized deer on the front cover with an average joe looking hunter holding it up. I scanned pass a lot of HF stuff to get to that right up and read a portion of it while my wife was shopping and set it back on the shelf. The one LF right up wasn't worth me buying a magazine full of sales for huge feeders, huntin buggies, and big velvetine deer. Just didn't interest me. Im sure TTH is doing just fine without my purchase. up

That is BS my daughter was on the cover more than two years ago I think you guys see what you want to see instead of what is truly in the magazine or on the cover.

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5672233 03/27/15 04:51 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B

Notice the date a lot more than just couple years ago.

These are just a couple of the times she was in it another full story on her oryx hunt and numerous photos in game poll they are good to kids, have to have advertisement to pay the bills, just have look to see the good instead of concentrating on the bad.

Last edited by BMD; 03/27/15 04:54 PM.
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5672291 03/27/15 05:37 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Ive seen normal hunting pictures and some outrageous deer pictures on the front of the magazine over the years. I kind of wonder what the drop tine secret revealed topic is about on that magazine. Ive heard of deer breeders shooting deer in velvet with rat shot .22 rounds at the antlers for some extra non typical growth. And that was right out of the deer breeders mouth. Somebody might want to start checking deer antlers with metal detectors. I know that in a natural scenario a deer doesn't always carry a drop season after season. It can be a genetic thing, an injury to the body, or injury to the velvet antler creating abnormal growth. Ive killed 5 drop tine bucks and they were all low fence free range bucks in east texas. Wasn't no secret about that. Ive only seen 8 of them in my life and I killed 5, a friend killed one and the other 2 got away from me. No secrets there. They were wild and free. smile

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5672362 03/27/15 06:18 PM
D
DH 1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
When over 85% of the show is commercials and some of the shows have 7+ sponsors, I have to go somewhere else for entertainment. I am patiently waiting for the day that TTH publishes an article about some guys that sleep in a tent, hunt low fence and kill a 6 point that scores 90 points.

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: postoak] #5672377 03/27/15 06:27 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Im not trying to take away from your daughters right ups and all of that at all. Ive had writers call me and want to publish pictures and writings on deer and fish that I have killed. I have been in Tx sportsman and a bow hunting news paper. I even have made the local paper a couple times with big fish. If it makes you feel better. smile

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: REALKILLER] #5672419 03/27/15 07:02 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Im not trying to take away from your daughters right ups and all of that at all. Ive had writers call me and want to publish pictures and writings on deer and fish that I have killed. I have been in Tx sportsman and a bow hunting news paper. I even have made the local paper a couple times with big fish. If it makes you feel better. smile

Lol I am defending the magazine everyone wants to bash them for advertising my point is they are willing and do a great job with regular hunt stories more than the hf stuff most the guys whining flip through and look advertisement and don't bother to read. They just assume. And you know how that works out.

Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: BMD] #5673976 03/29/15 01:36 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter

Lol I am defending the magazine everyone wants to bash them for advertising my point is they are willing and do a great job with regular hunt stories more than the hf stuff most the guys whining flip through and look advertisement and don't bother to read. They just assume. And you know how that works out.

BMD - your daughters articles and hunts are real and awesome. I killed a 201 low fence deer in 2009 and was featured in a TH magazine article. I have subscribed for years. But the public and customers rule and there is no denying that the magazine has changed and the perception is it has become a breeder/HF publication. Right or wrong that is the perception so that becomes reality

You can't fix stupid
Re: Anyone else find these hunting shows annoying? [Re: tlk] #5674386 03/29/15 02:03 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: tlk

BMD - your daughters articles and hunts are real and awesome. I killed a 201 low fence deer in 2009 and was featured in a TH magazine article. I have subscribed for years. But the public and customers rule and there is no denying that the magazine has changed and the perception is it has become a breeder/HF publication. Right or wrong that is the perception so that becomes reality

Unforntunantly the perception comes from it just being big arse deer, not where those deer actually came from.

Most people on this thread would assumed your deer was as a HF/breeder deer because it was big(in any mag publication)..... Thus they will never read the article. Hell you see it on this forum all the time. Any deer over 150 someone opens their mouth and inserts their foot and asked or makes a sly comment about it being a HF deer.

Just for kicks I counted the advertisements in last months TTH to see what was the most prevalent...1st place-deer feeders and blinds....second place deer feed(protien and corn distributors).....

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide