Forums46
Topics538,036
Posts9,732,200
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: aggiehunter03] #5665617 03/23/15 08:33 PM
C
cazador1022 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
read below...

Originally Posted By: aggiehunter03
Originally Posted By: Txkiller
Lol wink

We got them in the neighborhood but not much we can do about it they're pretty much protected in corps property mad

Crossbows are real quiet....

Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: Txkiller] #5665619 03/23/15 08:34 PM
C
cazador1022 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
that video is wet dream .....

Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: Txkiller] #5665670 03/23/15 09:08 PM
S
spitfire Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Great video

Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: Txkiller] #5665730 03/23/15 09:42 PM
C
chalet Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
I'd have reached in and grabbed one of those little ones by the hind legs then wacked his head against the hull like he was a half dead rabbit.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: Txkiller] #5665954 03/24/15 12:02 AM
DrifterAT Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Amazing!

Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: chalet] #5666358 03/24/15 04:45 AM
I
IamMr2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
I
Originally Posted By: chalet
I'd have reached in and grabbed one of those little ones by the hind legs then wacked his head against the hull like he was a half dead rabbit.

Nothing psycho about you, is there?

Ya' know, I love to hunt hogs, just as much if not more than a lot of you. But I try to dispatch my prey as quickly and humanely as possible. You sir, should get back on your meds and quit sullying the reputation of respectable hunters.

Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: Txkiller] #5666378 03/24/15 05:44 AM
Beaubien Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
popcorn

Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: IamMr2] #5666523 03/24/15 12:33 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: IamMr2

Ya' know, I love to hunt hogs, just as much if not more than a lot of you. But I try to dispatch my prey as quickly and humanely as possible. You sir, should get back on your meds and quit sullying the reputation of respectable hunters.

Ah, now. We all talk big until we get the likes of a live feral hog thrashing around inside of a little john boat or in the back seat of an '87 Impala. Then it gets real.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: Txkiller] #5666545 03/24/15 12:44 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Wait a minute.... Whoa, wait a minute... '87 Impala? loser8

I'd say that would have to be pretty rare... grin

Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: Double Naught Spy] #5666750 03/24/15 02:49 PM
C
chalet Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Ah, now. We all talk big until we get the likes of a live feral hog thrashing around inside of a little john boat or in the back seat of an '87 Impala. Then it gets real.

Nothing psycho about me. That's the way my dad taught us to finish off wounded rabbits as a kid, now I just step on their head. I guess I could shoot them again but really they are dead pretty quick either way.

I was thinking the guy obviously didn't have an oar to whack one, as he didn't. And since it is illegal to shoot them there next best thing would be to grab a little one that you could one arm and dash(I said "dash" like the Britts do, does that make it sound a little better?) his head. One less pig in the world, one more tasty little porker on the grill on in the skillet.

And yes, knowing how ornery they are it is a little bit of big talk on my part - but you have to admit it would be fun trying.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: Txkiller] #5666994 03/24/15 05:07 PM
V
VAFish Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
V
Hogs swimming, Would you need a non-lead projectile like waterfowl hunting?

Hmmmm, need some heavishot buckshot.

Might be interesting from the bow of a bass boat with a compound bow and fishing rig.

"If your plan is for one year, plant rice.
If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."
-- Confucius
Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: chalet] #5667063 03/24/15 06:04 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Nothing psycho about me. That's the way my dad taught us to finish off wounded rabbits as a kid, now I just step on their head. I guess I could shoot them again but really they are dead pretty quick either way.

I was thinking the guy obviously didn't have an oar to whack one, as he didn't. And since it is illegal to shoot them there next best thing would be to grab a little one that you could one arm and dash(I said "dash" like the Britts do, does that make it sound a little better?) his head. One less pig in the world, one more tasty little porker on the grill on in the skillet.

And yes, knowing how ornery they are it is a little bit of big talk on my part - but you have to admit it would be fun trying.

Cool video.
Smacking a pig on the head would end it quickly, common practice for trappers. But grabbing one by the feet and swinging it around would be a sight to see, and hopefully dispatch it as quickly.

Last edited by Simple Searcher; 03/24/15 06:15 PM.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: Simple Searcher] #5667098 03/24/15 06:27 PM
C
chalet Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
I don't think I could get enough velocity to dispatch a pig humanely with out at least one full armed turn in the air. Now if I had a 21' runnin start no problem.

Last edited by chalet; 03/24/15 06:28 PM.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: dfwroadkill] #5667143 03/24/15 06:58 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill
Wait a minute.... Whoa, wait a minute... '87 Impala? loser8

I'd say that would have to be pretty rare... grin

roflmao

Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: Txkiller] #5667373 03/24/15 08:59 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
cheers video, seen jogs do that at OSB gettting away from hunting pressure. flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: chalet] #5668147 03/25/15 03:44 AM
I
IamMr2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
I

Nope, I don't think it would be fun trying. I'm sure if you swing it hard enough, it'll do the job quickly. To me it just isn't dignified. Don't care for the idea of stepping on anything's head either, so I don't do that. I'm in it more for the sport and more towards Fair Chase. Am not there just to kill something. If the hogs got a sporting chance, he's fair game. I'm not going to kill it just because I can. Now farmers, they are in quite a different position from me and I can understand that...

Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: Txkiller] #5668474 03/25/15 02:10 PM
C
chalet Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
I can't think of much that is more Fair on the hogs end than going toe to toe with a bare handed, out of shape, middle aged fellow. We have different ideas about hunting, that's ok with me. Good luck to you out there.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: chalet] #5668659 03/25/15 04:06 PM
Beaubien Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I can't think of much that is more Fair on the hogs end than going toe to toe with a bare handed, out of shape, middle aged fellow. We have different ideas about hunting, that's ok with me. Good luck to you out there.

I resemble that remark! smile

Well put.

Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: IamMr2] #5668948 03/25/15 07:49 PM
V
VAFish Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
V
....I'm in it more for the sport and more towards Fair Chase. Am not there just to kill something. If the hogs got a sporting chance, he's fair game. I'm not going to kill it just because I can. Now farmers, they are in quite a different position from me and I can understand that...

So using a .308 or 12 ga shotgun, shooting over bait, at night with night vision and suppressors is "Fair Chase" and giving the pig a sporting chance, but paddling up in a kayak snatching a piglet out of the water and killing it with your bare hands is not?

"If your plan is for one year, plant rice.
If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."
-- Confucius
Re: Hogs swimming in lake Lewisville [Re: VAFish] #5669554 03/26/15 02:16 AM
I
IamMr2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
I
Originally Posted By: VAFish
....I'm in it more for the sport and more towards Fair Chase. Am not there just to kill something. If the hogs got a sporting chance, he's fair game. I'm not going to kill it just because I can. Now farmers, they are in quite a different position from me and I can understand that...

So using a .308 or 12 ga shotgun, shooting over bait, at night with night vision and suppressors is "Fair Chase" and giving the pig a sporting chance, but paddling up in a kayak snatching a piglet out of the water and killing it with your bare hands is not?

Only use the guns now, VA.

This is hijacking the thread so I did a new post here:

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5669540/%22Fair_Chase%22___What_#Post5669540

Cool video!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide