475577 Topics
6238748 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#5657216 - 03/18/15 04:27 PM Georgetown eats
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity

I'm going to Georgetown to a week long school.. Are there any good places or must eats?

#5657255 - 03/18/15 04:45 PM Re: Georgetown eats [Re: Brother in-law]
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity

Andice General Store has a really good burger (best around IMO)
Gumbos on the square is really good, but pricey

#5657346 - 03/18/15 05:49 PM Re: Georgetown eats [Re: Brother in-law]
tex70 Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Georgetown
x2 on Andice but it's a bit of a drive. Dos salsas is a very popular mexican joint close to downtown

#5657375 - 03/18/15 06:11 PM Re: Georgetown eats [Re: Brother in-law]
PMK Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Central TX (Gtown/Austin)
where to start ...

Hardtails sports bar (IH35 SB access road, south of north interloop) has really good hamburgers (all sorts of varieties) and my wife has had various things like meatloaf, CFS, etc. that were all very good.

Andice General Store (Andice TX, 10 or so miles west of FM2338 (also called Andice Road or Williams Drive)), great hamburgers, packed on weekends with bikers and old car cruisers.

Dos Salsas (corner of Main & University Ave (hwy 29)) some of the best mexican food in GT.

Mariachi DE Jalisco (Williams Drive & River Bend Dr.), my second favorite Mexican food in GT and easier to get/out than Dos Salsas. Where most of the local hispanics go.

Monument Cafe (north Austin Avenue) old school type dinner atmosphere, good breakfasts (great pancakes) and home-style lunch menu. has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Channel. They grow all their own veggies & spices on site and even have an organic market next door.

Bob's Catfish & More (Morrow Street next to San Gabriel Park), small town family owned been around 30+ years, mostly fried seafoods, known in the area for their catfish.

Catfish Parlour (out Williams drive), originated in Austin, now has 3 or 4 locations, one being in Georgetown. Great fried catfish, hush puppies to die for.

Wildfire (Austin Ave. between 8th & 9th), more upscale restaurant, wide variety menu, steaks, prime rib, rack of lamb, elk tenderloin ... a bit on the pricey side.

BB's home cooking (Williams drive), home style menu, CFS, meatloaf, fried catfish, crab cakes, lunch & dinner during the week, breakfast on the weekends.

El Charito (302 S. Austin Ave) while in town, be sure to try out the walk up window for breakfast tacos, some of the best Picadillo and Carne Guisada on the planet. They also have a small dining room for lunch and dinner. Great little hole in the wall.

Frankie's Pizza and Pasta 121 N. IH35 Frontage road (just north of Williams drive), great little Italian place, great calzone, baked ziti, chicken parmigiana, pizza ... in an old KFC building.

there's several more, but these are my favorites.

and of course there are all the chain restaurants ... Cotton Patch, Fish City Grill, Longhorn Steakhouse, Zio's, etc. etc.

~PMK~

#5657866 - 03/18/15 10:21 PM Re: Georgetown eats [Re: Brother in-law]
tex70 Online   content
Tracker

So which post was more helpful, mine or PMK? rolleyes I will definitely agree on Wildfire & Frankie's. The others I can't comment on because it's either been too long since I've eaten there or I haven't eaten there at all. Great post PMK up

#5658682 - 03/19/15 12:18 PM Re: Georgetown eats [Re: Brother in-law]
PMK Offline
Extreme Tracker

up I'm kind of a foodie ... Brother in-law, if there is some other type or kind of food I missed, let me know and I can offer recommendations.

Chinese, only recommendation is Shanghai Express (922 N. Austin Ave.) but we only go on Sunday's as they have a very nice 15-20 item buffet.

Greek, Plaka Greek Cafe (115 N. IH35, next to Frankie's Pizza), good variety of Greek options including Gyro Wraps.

something else???

~PMK~

#5659284 - 03/19/15 06:56 PM Re: Georgetown eats [Re: PMK]
_Lee Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Round Rock tx
PMK have you been to that new place off 35 I think it's called George's on the Town?

#5659531 - 03/19/15 09:43 PM Re: Georgetown eats [Re: Brother in-law]
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity

I think that gives me a pretty good spread. Im sure ill have to eat chain food for breakfast and lunch but will look forward a good meal in the noche. Hopefully im not to tired.

Any good watering holes?

#5659736 - 03/20/15 06:07 AM Re: Georgetown eats [Re: Brother in-law]
tex70 Online   content
Tracker

Hardtails is a very popular bar just north of town

#5660192 - 03/20/15 11:08 AM Re: Georgetown eats [Re: Brother in-law]
PMK Offline
Extreme Tracker

_Lee, I have not tried George's on the Town yet. Have had a few friends try and said it was pretty good, upscale and a bit pricey.

Brother in-law, what type of school??? and what area of town??? Hit El Charito for breakfast, just a small building with a outside walk up window, orders to go (or they have a few picnic tables on the back porch). Best breakfast tacos in the county.

~PMK~

#5660200 - 03/20/15 11:16 AM Re: Georgetown eats [Re: Brother in-law]
PMK Offline
Extreme Tracker

not my thing but yeah, Hardtails and they have live music out back some/most weekends. They used to have various different events/entertainment (jello wrestling, if that's your cup of tea) but not sure if they still do. http://www.hardtailsbarandgrill.com/index.htm

and there are a few closer to downtown on Main & Austin Ave ... The Uptown Social, CJ's sports bar/grill and of course most of the chain restaurants have bars, like Chili's, Longhorn Steakhouse, Fish City Grill.

~PMK~

#5660772 - 03/20/15 05:17 PM Re: Georgetown eats [Re: PMK]
_Lee Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Round Rock tx
There's also a place called 600 degree pizza that's pretty good.

#5663271 - 03/22/15 10:27 AM Re: Georgetown eats [Re: PMK]
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Corsicana
Originally Posted By: PMK
where to start ...

Hardtails sports bar (IH35 SB access road, south of north interloop) has really good hamburgers (all sorts of varieties) and my wife has had various things like meatloaf, CFS, etc. that were all very good.

Andice General Store (Andice TX, 10 or so miles west of FM2338 (also called Andice Road or Williams Drive)), great hamburgers, packed on weekends with bikers and old car cruisers.

Dos Salsas (corner of Main & University Ave (hwy 29)) some of the best mexican food in GT.

Mariachi DE Jalisco (Williams Drive & River Bend Dr.), my second favorite Mexican food in GT and easier to get/out than Dos Salsas. Where most of the local hispanics go.

Monument Cafe (north Austin Avenue) old school type dinner atmosphere, good breakfasts (great pancakes) and home-style lunch menu. has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Channel. They grow all their own veggies & spices on site and even have an organic market next door.

Bob's Catfish & More (Morrow Street next to San Gabriel Park), small town family owned been around 30+ years, mostly fried seafoods, known in the area for their catfish.

Catfish Parlour (out Williams drive), originated in Austin, now has 3 or 4 locations, one being in Georgetown. Great fried catfish, hush puppies to die for.

Wildfire (Austin Ave. between 8th & 9th), more upscale restaurant, wide variety menu, steaks, prime rib, rack of lamb, elk tenderloin ... a bit on the pricey side.

BB's home cooking (Williams drive), home style menu, CFS, meatloaf, fried catfish, crab cakes, lunch & dinner during the week, breakfast on the weekends.

El Charito (302 S. Austin Ave) while in town, be sure to try out the walk up window for breakfast tacos, some of the best Picadillo and Carne Guisada on the planet. They also have a small dining room for lunch and dinner. Great little hole in the wall.

Frankie's Pizza and Pasta 121 N. IH35 Frontage road (just north of Williams drive), great little Italian place, great calzone, baked ziti, chicken parmigiana, pizza ... in an old KFC building.

there's several more, but these are my favorites.

and of course there are all the chain restaurants ... Cotton Patch, Fish City Grill, Longhorn Steakhouse, Zio's, etc. etc.

Thanks! My youngest just got accepted into Southwestern and is so excited. I'm printing this list for all our visits over the next four years. smile

#5665146 - 03/23/15 10:56 AM Re: Georgetown eats [Re: Brother in-law]
PMK Offline
Extreme Tracker

cool deal NP! Our church has adopted SW and have a come as you are lunch every Monday for SW student including faculty that has grown from 5-7 the first week last fall to over 100 the past several weeks. No expectations or preaching, just letting them know that there are good people in the area if they need someone for anything.

~PMK~

#5665234 - 03/23/15 11:51 AM Re: Georgetown eats [Re: Brother in-law]
RLUM Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Montgomery, Tx
Dos Salsas

Catfish Parlor

El Charito

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide