Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? #5630179 03/02/15 04:40 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
I often wonder if we are raising a nation of shallow and unskilled hunters. With all the technology and hunting toys now days it just doesn't seem the same to me, compared to the days of just walking out in the woods with weapon in hand and hunting. To be one with the woods and wildlife is a special thing, and I would hate to see it all change because of the modern ways of man. 99.9 percent of the time when I hunt, I just walk out into the woods and find an advantage point and sit down and enjoy the peace and quiet of the woods. I also like to stalk around too, it works great. My success rate is good, so I know it still works, but how many people can still pull this kind of hunt off. Have we forgotten the ways of our fore fathers? Has the commercial ways of man dampened our eyes and mind of what we did in our youth? I wont list anything, but just look at all of the stuff that we are offered now days just for a simple hunt, and could we survive without it, if it was no longer available. I also wonder will a line be drawn. Our furry and feathered friends in the woods deserve a little real don't they? Lets not loose the contest and challenge between man and animal so much that we cant appreciate them anymore. What are your thoughts? peep

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: REALKILLER] #5630196 03/02/15 04:50 PM
T
TTUhunter4 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
You are a shallow and unskilled hunter. I can't believe you hunt with a modern weapon! Real skilled hunters go into the woods with nothing and fashion a bow and arrows out of what they find on the ground.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal."
Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: TTUhunter4] #5630230 03/02/15 05:09 PM
G
Grosvenor Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G

Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: REALKILLER] #5630237 03/02/15 05:15 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
banana

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: TTUhunter4] #5630396 03/02/15 06:47 PM
H
HWY72 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: TTUhunter4
You are a shallow and unskilled hunter. I can't believe you hunt with a modern weapon! Real skilled hunters go into the woods with nothing and fashion a bow and arrows out of what they find on the ground.

Why a bow? Do you lack the skills to stalk them, or just scared to get close enough with a sharp stick?........

Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: REALKILLER] #5630400 03/02/15 06:49 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I dig a hole and lay in it covered in leaves until the animal walks by. Then I grab it and strangle it for the kill.

Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: Dustnsand] #5630404 03/02/15 06:51 PM
H
HWY72 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: z71dustin
I dig a hole and lay in it covered in leaves until the animal walks by. Then I grab it and strangle it for the kill.

That's what I'm talkin about!!! banana

Gitcha some adrenaline flowin!!

Last edited by HWY72; 03/02/15 06:52 PM.
Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: REALKILLER] #5630602 03/02/15 08:58 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
cheers good topic. Can see were high-tech has its advantages. First deer rifle was a .45Kentucky & still enjoy hunting with it. Nothing wrong with using modern weapons to make a humain kill. Cave man days, started hog hunting at night with slinger pistal & flashlight turned off & easing twards hogs. While it was fun & exciting, don't recomend it. U seen video's in the hog hunt section? so ya wanna hunt wild pigs do ya? 2cents Richmanvspoorman hunts better annalasiss. i have cheap posts flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: Dustnsand] #5630636 03/02/15 09:14 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: z71dustin

I hear that is the requirement to be a REALKILLER

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: REALKILLER] #5630641 03/02/15 09:21 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
I hear ya, I do like a good rifle. I just hope we don't get so far past the point of no return that it might make hunting in the future a lot less enjoyable. Hey what's wrong with keeping it simple. Laff while you can folks my walls are so full of deer and deer antlers that I've got them laying on the floors and piled up on shelves.

Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: REALKILLER] #5630656 03/02/15 09:31 PM
Payne Online Shocked
Cat Herder
Online Shocked
Cat Herder

[Linked Image]
Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: REALKILLER] #5630683 03/02/15 09:49 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Did someone we know get mad last night and change screen names rofl

Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: REALKILLER] #5630687 03/02/15 09:54 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
I hear ya, I do like a good rifle. I just hope we don't get so far past the point of no return that it might make hunting in the future a lot less enjoyable. Hey what's wrong with keeping it simple. Laff while you can folks my walls are so full of deer and deer antlers that I've got them laying on the floors and piled up on shelves.

This is more of "the way I do it is right and everybody else doing it differently is wrong" sort of logic. Funny how "simple" stops with what you think is appropriate. The fun quotient ain't declining with technology. You have already testified to that.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: REALKILLER] #5630715 03/02/15 10:11 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Just because someone likes it a certain way, doesn't mean that everyone else that does it different is wrong.

For the most part, I agree and will still spot and stalk. One of my favorite ways to hunt. I still go out and pick a ridge or pinch point and sit for hours. I have walked miles upon miles to try to find deer or glass ravines. I spend a lot of my time in a tree with a bow.

But I still enjoy a comfy blind and a corn feeder. Enjoy looking through some good binoculars, using a range finder, and checking cameras has become one of my favorite outdoor activities. I spend a lot of time behind a camera and I my greatest passion is picking a specific deer and spending a season trying to kill that deer. Many times, I have watched a particular deer for 3-5 years and it makes the hunt that much more special. All the "technology" has increased my chances but does not guarantee success. I go years without killing a trophy buck. It does however provide me the chance to pick a buck, have a history of certain deer and learn more about their overall behavior.

Obviously you don't need or want that technology, as evident by your claim of trophies lining your walls. Congrats to you sir and no one is telling you that you should use it and to "catch up with the times." For me, that is the greatest part of hunting...no one does it the same, but we all have the right to do what we want.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: REALKILLER] #5630727 03/02/15 10:17 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
It is not about how you or the next guy hunts. I really don't care about what or how they do it. I was trying to make an example of how I like to hunt and is it a thing of the past. I was not trying to make a joke out of it with a fun quotient, just trying not to make it not seem so serious that people took it the wrong way. Apparently I have answered my question, because when people reply with jokes and not a simple answer, they have answered my question and they did not even realize it, because it seems like they don't even care about the subject. Maybe this is over yall's head and if you can't respond with a mature answer than skip it. You are making a perfect example of what I'm talking about and to you it is all a joke. I feel sorry for the future of hunting, I honestly do.

Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: REALKILLER] #5630733 03/02/15 10:21 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: REALKILLER
It is not about how you or the next guy hunts. I really don't care about what or how they do it. I was trying to make an example of how I like to hunt and is it a thing of the past. I was not trying to make a joke out of it with a fun quotient, just trying not to make it not seem so serious that people took it the wrong way. Apparently I have answered my question, because when people reply with jokes and not a simple answer, they have answered my question and they did not even realize it, because it seems like they don't even care about the subject. Maybe this is over yall's head and if you can't respond with a mature answer than skip it. You are making a perfect example of what I'm talking about and to you it is all a joke. I feel sorry for the future of hunting, I honestly do.

Could be the condescending tone that illicits the responses, not so much the subject.

I think there are more people that hunt "your" way than you think or know. Most the guys I hunt with do the same, just not every time. Most the kids I know are not taught to hunt that way at the beginning, but during the learning curve, it is introduced.

Going out and sitting in the woods is great, but technology has added another dimension to the hunting world. Some for the good and some for the bad IMO, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that the future of hunting is doomed. My 2cents

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: REALKILLER] #5630739 03/02/15 10:25 PM
Payne Online Shocked
Cat Herder
Online Shocked
Cat Herder
It is not about how you or the next guy hunts. I really don't care about what or how they do it.

If it makes you feel any better, I walked a few miles of river bottoms with a lever rifle Friday. Did I mention that I hate hogs?

[Linked Image]
Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: REALKILLER] #5630740 03/02/15 10:27 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
txshntr just got your message, its cool man. I know everybody hunts differently. Hey what ever. I was simply asking a question that must of made people feel threatened by the response I got.

Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: REALKILLER] #5630741 03/02/15 10:28 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Hunting is as strong as ever, if anything stronger and many younger guys I am around are very management minded as a whole. I think the technology as helped as a whole, as with vehicles they got improved. I for one enjoy the advances made on clothing, equipment and tools available, still doesn't take away from the outdoors and peace and quit time. If someone likes to hunt black powder or traditional that awesome and I don't say that rudely. But to say you feel sorry for it.. How many more animals are safely taken with the assistance of a range finder when before a guess was range. A good set of clothing allows me more time in the field etc etc
Bottom line its outlook..as with any advancements there's pros and cons Sir

Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: REALKILLER] #5630747 03/02/15 10:29 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
Ya payne I like that, That's look like a lever gun. Ive had a few of those. good luck

Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: Payne] #5630750 03/02/15 10:30 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Payne
It is not about how you or the next guy hunts. I really don't care about what or how they do it.

If it makes you feel any better, I walked a few miles of river bottoms with a lever rifle Friday. Did I mention that I hate hogs?

Everytime I see that I think of the Bad Guy on the Bat Man movie rofl

Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: REALKILLER] #5630753 03/02/15 10:32 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R
Yes it does thanks payne good luck with that lever gun

Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: REALKILLER] #5630754 03/02/15 10:33 PM
Payne Online Shocked
Cat Herder
Online Shocked
Cat Herder
Don't mock my hunting attire Sir, I make finger paintings...

[Linked Image]
Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: Payne] #5630810 03/02/15 11:03 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

May a force be with you....God help us all scared

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Do we still go without toys and tech, or can we ? [Re: Payne] #5630815 03/02/15 11:05 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R

Thank you for covering your face before posting a close-up, the whole www appreciates it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide