Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: fowlslayer11] #5628370 03/01/15 07:40 PM
H
Hogman4127 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
While DU wants all the money from events sent to HQ. Delta requires a certain portion to be spent on your local conservation/ benefits.

Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: fowlslayer11] #5628372 03/01/15 07:40 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
Wikipedia is not a trusted source

#sigline
Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: #Hayraker] #5628469 03/01/15 08:28 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Hayraker

millennials love to trust the Internet

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: #Hayraker] #5628883 03/01/15 11:38 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted By: Hayraker

It is a quick reference and trustworthy enough for purposes of this post. From the DU site:

DU Conservation Priority Areas

Ducks Unlimited conservation priority areas

Level I
•Prairie Pothole Region
•Western Boreal Forest - Canada
•Mississippi Alluvial Valley
•Central Valley / Coastal California
•Gulf Coastal Prairie

Level II
•U.S. Great Lakes System
•Great Basin
•Hardwood Transition / Lower Great Lakes / St. Lawrence Plain – Ontario
•Mid-Atlantic Coast
•Pacific Northwest
•Southern Great Plains

Level III
•Baja California Desert
•Western Boreal Forest - Alaska
•British Columbia Intermountain
•Gulf Coast / Yucatan – Mexico
•Hawaii
•North Atlantic / New England Coast
•Northern Rockies and Southern Rockies / Colorado Plateau
•Northwestern Great Plains
•Peninsular Florida
•Southeastern Coastal Plain
•Upper Mississippi River
•West Coast of Mexico
•West Gulf Coastal Plain

Level IV
•Western Alaska / Aleutian – Bering Sea Islands
•Atlantic Canada
•Arctic Plains and Mountains – Alaska
•Interior Highlands
•Latin America & the Caribbean
•Northeastern U.S. Forests

Other Areas
•Sierra Nevada
•Sonoran and Mohave Deserts / Sierra Madre Occidental

Conservation in Canada
•Ducks Unlimited Canada

http://www.ducks.org/conservation/where-we-work/du-conservation-priority-areas

Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: fowlslayer11] #5629383 03/02/15 03:07 AM
Dave Speer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I believe DU and Delta both do good.

Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: fowlslayer11] #5629456 03/02/15 03:38 AM
F
fowlslayer11 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
F
I really, really wish DU focused more on the duck hunting aspect. They do a great job with their conservation grounds and attempting to maintain habitats and feeding grounds, but they just don't do enough IMO.

Delta has changed the game lately. They know what they're doing and will bring waterfowl hunting to the next step. Tons of respect for both corps though, 100%.

Coastal Prairie & Matagorda Bay system. Sic'em.

"The value of any trophy from the field depends not on its size but on the magnitude of the effort expended in its pursuit." - Aldo Leopol
Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: fowlslayer11] #5629753 03/02/15 01:11 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: fowlslayer11
I really, really wish DU focused more on the duck hunting aspect. They do a great job with their conservation grounds and attempting to maintain habitats and feeding grounds, but they just don't do enough IMO.

Delta has changed the game lately. They know what they're doing and will bring waterfowl hunting to the next step. Tons of respect for both corps though, 100%.

They focus on duck hunting a lot, you just don't see it. Like I said earlier a lot of thier projects are on fat cat hunting properties that the average joe is paying for. But it's ok it all about the ducks right...

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5630056 03/02/15 03:35 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
That is correct, it is about the ducks.

Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: ndhunter] #5630070 03/02/15 03:43 PM
T
TxHunter96 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: ndhunter
That is correct, it is about the ducks.

You must be the guy who loves his tax dollars goin to big corporations and unnecessary funding too. But its all about the people. rolleyes

Originally Posted By: aerangis
Any creature in my vicinity that possesses an explosive penis is going to be killed.
Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5630188 03/02/15 04:46 PM
T
TTUhunter4 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

They focus on duck hunting a lot, you just don't see it. Like I said earlier a lot of thier projects are on fat cat hunting properties that the average joe is paying for. But it's ok it all about the ducks right...

Seems like somebody is upset that they can't afford to own one of these "fat-cat" properties so they are taking it out on DU grin

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal."
Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: TTUhunter4] #5630214 03/02/15 05:01 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: TTUhunter4

Seems like somebody is upset that they can't afford to own one of these "fat-cat" properties so they are taking it out on DU grin

Or just the opposite smile

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: TTUhunter4] #5630246 03/02/15 05:20 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A

I would imagine most (conservative) folks have a problem with any non-profit entity using funds for purposes other than it's professed mission statement. Particularly if it preaches conservation as a means to acquire donations yet uses a portion of those funds to unfairly enrich a select few by funding their participation in an activity that some consider the antithesis of conservation.

I know a couple DU reps that make a yearly pilgrimage to Canada on DU's nickel under the guise of "conservation". Their idea of conservation is 4 weeks of non-stop hunting.

Most folks would welcome an opportunity to hunt on someone else's nickle. I know I would. And I doubt it's an issue of hating on someone out of envy. It's the hypocrisy.

There's good 'ole boy networks everywhere there's money, influence, and favors to be had. DU is no different.

Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: TTUhunter4] #5630250 03/02/15 05:21 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

I have hunted a handful of DU projects (6 I can think of) and they all just happened to be on private land owned by some big money folks. I have never been impressed with one at all. Its just knee keep water and a little food. I have seen private projects privately funded be 10x more successful.

its a waste of money in Texas

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: fowlslayer11] #5631723 03/03/15 01:19 PM
T
Teamjefe Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
They don't manage them for you. That is up to the land owner. They will consult you on it but really they don't do much.

Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: fowlslayer11] #5632137 03/03/15 05:41 PM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Gosh, I feel like a kid that just found out santa is not real. nidea

Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: fowlslayer11] #5632195 03/03/15 06:17 PM
B
bhunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
The "haves" and the "have not" sooner you realize your have a white collar the better you will feel about being alive....

ROY

B.O.H.I.C.A.

"BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGES!!!!"

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY"

http://www.parkerpwr.com/
Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: fowlslayer11] #5632461 03/03/15 09:17 PM
M
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M

Originally Posted By: wal1809
Dear Lord please bullwhip me for saying this but I agree, Marcstar is in the lead. Please nobody use this as a quote!!!
Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5633568 03/04/15 02:19 PM
F
fowlslayer11 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
F

You couldn't have said it better, sir. It's all about the ducks these days. They're taking away the most pristine hunting properties for all the ducks..and we don't even get a chance at hunting them. Landowners these days are vicious around here.

Oh well. We'll have to see what the future holds.

Coastal Prairie & Matagorda Bay system. Sic'em.

"The value of any trophy from the field depends not on its size but on the magnitude of the effort expended in its pursuit." - Aldo Leopol
Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: fowlslayer11] #5633674 03/04/15 03:20 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

You couldn't have said it better, sir. It's all about the ducks these days. They're taking away the most pristine hunting properties for all the ducks..and we don't even get a chance at hunting them. Landowners these days are vicious around here.

Oh well. We'll have to see what the future holds.

I have no problem with landowners not letting people tresspass after all it's their land. My land is closed to all but a select group of friends.

My issue is the lobbing and use of tax payer money for private hunting retreats, not wetland conservation.
If people are good with and aware that their DU donations/memberships are being used for this so be it. Again it's their money, but I doubt many are aware of the full extent.

I'll be the first to admit that I have a small percentage of my land in WRP, but when that easement expires that section is coming out. I didn't put it into to WRP and being that I can count on one hand the number of times its held water in 15 years, I don't think its right to be considered a wetland.

Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: fowlslayer11] #5633775 03/04/15 04:26 PM
M
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
DU donations are not used to build private hunting retreats. That's about the most misleading statement anyone could make. If you have land and approach DU and then DU believes it could benefit ducks by doing a project on they might do a project on it. As my post above shows there are tons of projects they have done right here in Texas that anyone can go hunt. Clearly there are also places where land is private and those land owners don't allow the general public to just hunt it when they want....so may lease these lands to guides that allow paying members to hunt them but it's not like DU makes money from that.

Originally Posted By: wal1809
Dear Lord please bullwhip me for saying this but I agree, Marcstar is in the lead. Please nobody use this as a quote!!!
Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: fowlslayer11] #5633822 03/04/15 04:54 PM
B
BarneyWho Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
B
bolt

Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: fowlslayer11] #5633836 03/04/15 05:00 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
someone just got called a liar, bold move Marcstar.

#sigline
Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: fowlslayer11] #5633841 03/04/15 05:02 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
ask Judd what happens when you call Bobo a liar...there's a reason Judd doesn't duck hunt anymore up

Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: garrett] #5633844 03/04/15 05:04 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
Originally Posted By: garrett
ask Judd what happens when you call Bobo a liar...there's a reason Judd doesn't duck hunt anymore up

Interesting, I always assumed he quit because he got so good at it

#sigline
Re: DU Wetlands Projects [Re: fowlslayer11] #5633852 03/04/15 05:13 PM
B
BarneyWho Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
B
Judd is the best retired duck hunter I know!

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide