Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Erathkid] #5636649 03/06/15 12:23 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Erathkid
For the record, I believe chemicals as a whole are generally good. But when corporations and government collude to hide the truth from consumers about the safety of a product, that's bad. My Mother worked for 'Rohm and Haas' as a chemical salesperson for thirty years. I know the benefits usually outweigh the downsides. If you truly believe having roundup (poison) in our bodies is a good thing, well, I'm at a loss for words.

How can you ever remotely express this when round up is so much safer then the alternatives, thus the popularity. But you already know that or you would of provided an alternative when I asked you earlier.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Dirt] #5636658 03/06/15 12:28 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
BOBO, I don't drink cokes, eat many chips and only eat grass fed beef, and very little processed foods. Most of the corn produced today is used for ethanol or high fructose corn syrup anyway, not for human consumption.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Erathkid] #5636669 03/06/15 12:33 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
He won! What are you talking about. He walked out of the courtroom a winner. Monsanto sued him for $400,000 dollars, tried to take his farm, his families way of life. They lost and had to pay for cleanup, court costs, etc. Are y'all living in an alternate universe or something? Hard to believe anyone would side with Monsanto on this. I would expect a little, albeit small, compassion from a fellow farmer. SMH.

You obviously have some comprehensive problems. He lost his entire crop.

He purposely tried to defraud, and pass it off as his own.

I don't know what kind of morals you have but that wrong on so many levels. Do you even understand what he ACTUALLY did? He tried to basically steal a GMO patent for his own use.

Like I said earlier I actually farm, and no farmer I know would do that. You apparently aren't a farm nor do you have any morals.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5636670 03/06/15 12:33 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
For the record, I believe chemicals as a whole are generally good. But when corporations and government collude to hide the truth from consumers about the safety of a product, that's bad. My Mother worked for 'Rohm and Haas' as a chemical salesperson for thirty years. I know the benefits usually outweigh the downsides. If you truly believe having roundup (poison) in our bodies is a good thing, well, I'm at a loss for words.

How can you ever remotely express this when round up is so much safer then the alternatives, thus the popularity. But you already know that or you would of provided an alternative when I asked you earlier.
On a small scale around the house use vinegar 100 proof in a spray bottle with a teaspoon of orange oil and a dash of liquid soap as a surfactant. On a larger scale, dry molasses at a rate of 20lbs per 1000 sq ft. Both work well and don't cause problems.

Last edited by Erathkid; 03/06/15 12:40 AM. Reason: left out an ingredient

Don't text and drive.
Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Erathkid] #5636676 03/06/15 12:35 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
BOBO, I don't drink cokes, eat many chips and only eat grass fed beef, and very little processed foods. Most of the corn produced today is used for ethanol or high fructose corn syrup anyway, not for human consumption.

Ok. Like I said we use to own a grain elevator... I actually know how buys corn. Might want to check out the ingredients on every thing you eat, I assure you it's not sweet corn.

Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Erathkid] #5636679 03/06/15 12:36 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

On a small scale around the house use vinegar in a spray bottle. On a larger scale, dry molasses at a rate of 20lbs per 1000 sq ft. Both work well and don't cause problems.

Lol.... Ya that will work great on my farm. I can't handle your nutty mind set any more. Think about how much molasses you would need for the U.S. ag market... That's an ecological disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited by BOBO the Clown; 03/06/15 12:49 AM. Reason: Replaced fruit loop with nuts

Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Dirt] #5636691 03/06/15 12:41 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
I'm fruity huh...A nutcase maybe, fruity, uh, no.

Don't text and drive.
Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Erathkid] #5636696 03/06/15 12:44 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
I'm fruity huh...A nutcase maybe, fruity, uh, no.

Alright nuts it is. Best of luck to ya sir. up

Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Dirt] #5636700 03/06/15 12:46 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Hey, I just got a brainstorm. Plant sorghum and you could have a steady supply of molasses. Kind of a perpetual growing machine. Man and nature working as one. A symbiotic relationship. Just think, butterflies, puppies, everybody loves puppies. What say ye?

Don't text and drive.
Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5636743 03/06/15 01:06 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
He won! What are you talking about. He walked out of the courtroom a winner. Monsanto sued him for $400,000 dollars, tried to take his farm, his families way of life. They lost and had to pay for cleanup, court costs, etc. Are y'all living in an alternate universe or something? Hard to believe anyone would side with Monsanto on this. I would expect a little, albeit small, compassion from a fellow farmer. SMH.

You obviously have some comprehensive problems. He lost his entire crop.

He purposely tried to defraud, and pass it off as his own.

I don't know what kind of morals you have but that wrong on so many levels. Do you even understand what he ACTUALLY did? He tried to basically steal a GMO patent for his own use.

Like I said earlier I actually farm, and no farmer I know would do that. You apparently aren't a farm nor do you have any morals.

WOW! Immoral, I'd rather be immortal, but I'll take what I can get whip

Don't text and drive.
Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Dirt] #5637153 03/06/15 04:32 AM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
It got even better. Vinegar or molasses to farm with roflmao

Get ready to pay 140x more for everything you buy now. rofl

Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Dustnsand] #5637564 03/06/15 02:51 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: z71dustin

Don't for get the increase amount of tilled ground to grow that much milo

Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5637630 03/06/15 03:24 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: z71dustin

Don't for get the increase amount of tilled ground to grow that much milo

And we all know that farm land is becoming less and less available.

As people move and cities grow the farm land is getting lost. Couple that with an increasing population and we have issues. Issues that need and require the use of technology in agriculture to solve. Of course even something as simple as that some people don't understand.

Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Dirt] #5637852 03/06/15 05:29 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
I've finally figured it out. You guys have signed contracts with Monsanto. 'Nuff said. I don't blame you for taking sides. They're watching you. eek2

Don't text and drive.
Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Dirt] #5637896 03/06/15 06:06 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I did work for Monsanto for about a year before I went back to Texas A&M agrilife research to help run a soil chemistry and fertility research program and get my masters. Before that I worked in a cotton cytogentics program. Pair that with a soil and environmental plant science degree and I would say I have a decent background and experience level with this subject. I've actually dealt with the products and research on them. Much better than saying what I've seen on the Internet and passing it off as fact.

There's no feasible method to feed the world without GMOs and herbicide useage? If you're against roundup then you need to be against every other herbicide.

And molasses? Go tell a farmer they Ned to put out 900 lbs of molasses an acre and see how they react lol.

Last edited by z71dustin; 03/06/15 06:07 PM.
Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Erathkid] #5638115 03/06/15 08:52 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
I've finally figured it out. You guys have signed contracts with Monsanto. 'Nuff said. I don't blame you for taking sides. They're watching you. eek2

Nope- again keep up--------already said I buy DuPont

Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Dirt] #5639217 03/07/15 02:10 PM
T
TX Hitman Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
I just watched a show on Netflix called Food Inc.

Talked about Monsanto seed patents etc.

It was very interesting and showed many examples of small farmers being put out of business by not following the "big" food company rules of how to raise their crop/livestock. Chicken, eggs, cows, grain etc. it also shows how large company's are changing the genetics of the animals we eat to be more profitable. Most of the changes are disgusting, especially chickens.

My wife will only eat meat that comes from the grocery store. After watching that movie, her perspective has changed and now is "trying" to eat wild game, local veggies, and beef from our friends ranches.

Shop more at farmers markets and stay away from commercialized chicken.

Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Dirt] #5639727 03/07/15 07:09 PM
B
Briar Rabbit Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Ya know a 2 headed chicken will eat twice as much and grow twice as fast . . . . food

Last edited by Briar Rabbit; 03/07/15 07:12 PM.

I crow louder, when I'm far from the nest!
Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Dirt] #5639749 03/07/15 07:23 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Santa Gertrudis

Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Dirt] #5639791 03/07/15 08:03 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Wait-molasses is a herbicide?

I'm a dead man.....

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Dirt] #5640631 03/08/15 05:53 AM
H
Hirogen Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Found this article interesting:

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2015/03/science-doubters/achenbach-text

Deals with why reasonable people doubt science. One of the areas (among many) mentioned was GMOs. Doesn't go into much detail about any specific areas but looks more at how in today's world people are much more likely to doubt the scientific consensus.

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: Dirt] #5642430 03/09/15 12:36 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Hirogen, lots of folks don't believe in science these days. Shameful.

Don't text and drive.
Re: Food Plot Language / Unbelievable [Re: TX Hitman] #5642678 03/09/15 03:36 PM
G
Gone to Texas Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: TX Hitman
I just watched a show on Netflix called Food Inc.

Talked about Monsanto seed patents etc.

It was very interesting and showed many examples of small farmers being put out of business by not following the "big" food company rules of how to raise their crop/livestock. Chicken, eggs, cows, grain etc. it also shows how large company's are changing the genetics of the animals we eat to be more profitable. Most of the changes are disgusting, especially chickens.

My wife will only eat meat that comes from the grocery store. After watching that movie, her perspective has changed and now is "trying" to eat wild game, local veggies, and beef from our friends ranches.

Shop more at farmers markets and stay away from commercialized chicken.

That documentary as well as Seeds of Death and King Corn are very eye opening. I understand that there might be some propaganda sprinkled in, but one thing that has been tested over and over is the nutritional value of the GMO crops and they do not have as much nutrients as organic. I eat all organic for the health benefits and try to obtain as much organic meat as possible through hunting. Time will tell if the chemicals are truley harmful, but like I said before, I am not ok with being a guinea pig.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide