Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Poachers......??? [Re: Western] #5626152 02/28/15 05:47 PM
Tbar Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Western
TBar, Is that a feeder over the fence, same area? If so, maybe they are trying to "trail" the deer over? Did the corn actuall look like a pile, or thrown in one spot? Either way it would P-m-O too.

Yes it is a feeder. The corn was poured in two piles about 100 yards beyond the feeder right at the woods and is in line with another property that doesn't have a feeder. No woods on the other peoples property so I am imagining they draw the game out into the clearing then shoot them and then go collect them.

Make America Great Again

Re: Poachers......??? [Re: Tbar] #5626470 02/28/15 08:31 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
I would put a tower blind right by that feeder, that is crap.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Poachers......??? [Re: Tbar] #5644300 03/10/15 04:50 AM
R
RedHoss Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
In today's courts, if you injure them but don't kill them and they could own everything you have. The fact that they are breaking the law doesn't matter. Ask law enforcement if you don't believe me. I did and was told that if you are forced to shoot someone, do it right and permanent or they will sue the crap out of you and win. I don't want to shoot anyone but I am not going to be sued by anyone that "forces" me to defend myself, family or property.

Re: Poachers......??? [Re: Tbar] #5645234 03/10/15 09:25 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Shooting someone over a simple problem like a harmless corn pile would be a little extreme. Are your in danger? The problem could be solved by simply calling the local laws and having them talk to your neighbors. Being violent towards ones we don't know really has no purpose. It could even be some kids or teens that made a wrong decision. Im sure we are all guilty of this. Could you live with your self if you shot somebodies child over a little bit corn or even an adult? Now if they are on your property and draw down on you that could be another story. We should all see the best in our neighbors not the worst and hope for the best. Remember you've got go out of your way to be an [censored], this requires effort. Its so much easier to just be nice. You will live a lot happier, healthier, longer life.

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: Poachers......??? [Re: txshntr] #5645317 03/10/15 10:24 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: txshntr
Originally Posted By: Western
TBar, Is that a feeder over the fence, same area? If so, maybe they are trying to "trail" the deer over? Did the corn actuall look like a pile, or thrown in one spot? Either way it would P-m-O too.

We had a neighbor that would take a milk jug and cut a portion of the top off. They would tie a string to the handle and to the fence, fill the jug with corn and throw it as far as they could over our fence, then drag it back. Leaves a trail to their side.

You should've hid in the bushes a ways off and as soon as the jug hit the ground put a hole in it with the loudest gun you have. roflmao

Re: Poachers......??? [Re: Tbar] #5645422 03/10/15 11:38 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Certain "hunters" just can't help themselves when it comes to what might be "over thar". It's not confined to east Texas. Some people can't stand the idea that other people (even other people on their lease) might have (or kill) what they want.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Poachers......??? [Re: Tbar] #5645735 03/11/15 02:26 AM
G
Gone to Texas Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
Be safe, hope you catch them.

Re: Poachers......??? [Re: Tbar] #5646583 03/11/15 05:25 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
In today's courts, if you injure them but don't kill them and they could own everything you have. The fact that they are breaking the law doesn't matter. Ask law enforcement if you don't believe me. I did and was told that if you are forced to shoot someone, do it right and permanent or they will sue the crap out of you and win.

Did your LEO contact also tell you that if you kill somebody to drag them into your house? Generally speaking, those in law enforcement are more familiar with criminal code rather than civil code and are not actually lawyers of either. You should have spoken with a lawyer. Being dead won't stop his family from filing a wrongful death lawsuit. In fact, that is pretty much the only way that they can file it.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Poachers......??? [Re: H-Town Hunter] #5646607 03/11/15 05:38 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: PaulZ2
I worked on this game ranch last summer that had a problem with poachers. The owner saw a light one night and went to check it out, saw a guy with a spotlight on his property when he yelled the guy tried to run. He shot him in the leg. After being in jail for awhile he moved back to his home town with a very noticeable limp. Needless to say he has no problems with poachers anymore. Well anyways. Goodluck to you anyway you deal with this guy is your business i just hope you get him. cowboy texas rifle bolt

roflmao
I think someone lied to you buddy.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide