Print Thread
Possible solution to thieves? #5604029 02/17/15 02:48 PM
K
krmitchell Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
K
Ok, so I see some applications here for people that have problems with thieves in a rural area......At least it would make them think twice about it.

http://bedgunsafe.com/burglarblaster/

Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: krmitchell] #5604037 02/17/15 02:54 PM
C
cyberpyrot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
so you keep your stuff you just itch like hell every time you use it? I like my camera system and anti thief shotgun. ah wait you meant for the blind??? I guess that would be ok until a trespasser sues you and wins

Last edited by cyberpyrot; 02/17/15 02:55 PM.

I'm a terrible shot but I follow up with a grenade!
Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: cyberpyrot] #5604042 02/17/15 02:55 PM
K
krmitchell Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: cyberpyrot
so you keep your stuff you just itch like hell every time you use it? I like my camera system and anti thief shotgun.

You would rather lose everything you have? Not me. Also, you can mount it outside and this application would be for when you are not around, so not sure how a shotgun is going to help you there.

Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: krmitchell] #5604045 02/17/15 02:56 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Down here in South Texas if they got sprayed the only way you would know that it happened is by the pile of ash and debris left where you once had a place to stay.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: krmitchell] #5604046 02/17/15 02:58 PM
C
cyberpyrot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
I love your thinking though. Make em hurt but in today's society you are more likely to get sued even if there on your property with out consent. the law protects the criminals not the victims

I'm a terrible shot but I follow up with a grenade!
Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: krmitchell] #5604054 02/17/15 03:04 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
so you keep your stuff you just itch like hell every time you use it? I like my camera system and anti thief shotgun.

You would rather lose everything you have? Not me. Also, you can mount it outside and this application would be for when you are not around, so not sure how a shotgun is going to help you there.

Outside or even inside I would worry about false triggers by critters or varmits.

Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: stxranchman] #5604069 02/17/15 03:13 PM
K
krmitchell Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Down here in South Texas if they got sprayed the only way you would know that it happened is by the pile of ash and debris left where you once had a place to stay.

Unfortunately you are probably right.
I love your thinking though. Make em hurt but in today's society you are more likely to get sued even if there on your property with out consent. the law protects the criminals not the victims

Again, unfortunately you are probably right as well.

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell

Outside or even inside I would worry about false triggers by critters or varmits.

If you could only figure out a way for it to only be triggered by racoons, I would have a million dollar idea for keeping them away from feeders.

Last edited by rexmitchell; 02/17/15 03:13 PM.
Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: krmitchell] #5604079 02/17/15 03:21 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
That has to be a really stupid idea. Sorry, but boobytraps are just not a good idea. If there isn't already an alarm and other factors chasing off the burglar, yeah, he is going to steal your stuff after he cleans up a bit, and then he is going to burn down your house (as noted). You burn his mouth, nose, and eyes, and he will burn down your house. Along the way, most of the evidence of his burglary will be destroyed.

Depending on the setup, there is a good chance that you will set it off at least once yourself, and there will be a mess to clean up as a result. That aerosolized crap is going to get all over. They claim no clean-up, but you can't spray out 4 oz of OC and not have any on any of your surfaces. That is just a flat out misrepresentation. That the high pitched warning tone is untraceable is also a misrepresentation.

Don't waste your money.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: Double Naught Spy] #5604083 02/17/15 03:26 PM
K
krmitchell Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
That has to be a really stupid idea. Sorry, but boobytraps are just not a good idea. If there isn't already an alarm and other factors chasing off the burglar, yeah, he is going to steal your stuff after he cleans up a bit, and then he is going to burn down your house (as noted). You burn his mouth, nose, and eyes, and he will burn down your house. Along the way, most of the evidence of his burglary will be destroyed.

Depending on the setup, there is a good chance that you will set it off at least once yourself, and there will be a mess to clean up as a result. That aerosolized crap is going to get all over. They claim no clean-up, but you can't spray out 4 oz of OC and not have any on any of your surfaces. That is just a flat out misrepresentation. That the high pitched warning tone is untraceable is also a misrepresentation.

Don't waste your money.

One of the options hooks up to an existing security system.....and it was just an idea, I'm not going out and buying one.

Last edited by rexmitchell; 02/17/15 03:26 PM.
Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: krmitchell] #5604148 02/17/15 04:00 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
You fellas sound like you never had OC sprayed in your face or close by, Police grade is bad mojo, we had to be sprayed in order to carry it, so we would understand how to work with a perp that was sprayed. You can't breath and think your going to die. Of course it depends if it's a 5% or a 15% mix.

I don't buy the "no clean up" either...Your fogging a room with oleoresin capsicum (SP been awhile)

BTW, 1/2 oz would clear a room of folks.....

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: stxranchman] #5604158 02/17/15 04:03 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

That was my exact thought. Me and the methheads are currently in a state of detente'. They cruise through my old farmhouse every now and then, find nothing worth stealing, and move on. That little device would upset the balance in a hurry. smile

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5604229 02/17/15 04:42 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

That was my exact thought. Me and the methheads are currently in a state of detente'. They cruise through my old farmhouse every now and then, find nothing worth stealing, and move on. That little device would upset the balance in a hurry. smile

Down here the foreign exchange students do not have a current address and are just passing through generally. Better off just leaving a place open and nothing of value left inside if you are not there very often most of the year.

Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: krmitchell] #5604424 02/17/15 06:58 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
My solution is . . . hanged

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: krmitchell] #5605147 02/18/15 01:57 AM
R
ruckmarch Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Ambush

Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: stxranchman] #5607239 02/19/15 12:49 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
I think about that every time I want to tell a particular neighbor to water their horses.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide