facebook
Forum Stats
60479 Members
45 Forums
476187 Topics
6246677 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#5604029 - 02/17/15 08:48 AM Possible solution to thieves?
rexmitchell Offline
Pro Tracker

Ok, so I see some applications here for people that have problems with thieves in a rural area......At least it would make them think twice about it.

http://bedgunsafe.com/burglarblaster/

#5604037 - 02/17/15 08:54 AM Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: rexmitchell]
cyberpyrot Offline
Tracker

Loc: Houston, TX
so you keep your stuff you just itch like hell every time you use it? I like my camera system and anti thief shotgun. ah wait you meant for the blind??? I guess that would be ok until a trespasser sues you and wins

Edited by cyberpyrot (02/17/15 08:55 AM)

#5604042 - 02/17/15 08:55 AM Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: cyberpyrot]
rexmitchell Offline
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: cyberpyrot
so you keep your stuff you just itch like hell every time you use it? I like my camera system and anti thief shotgun.

You would rather lose everything you have? Not me. Also, you can mount it outside and this application would be for when you are not around, so not sure how a shotgun is going to help you there.

#5604045 - 02/17/15 08:56 AM Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: rexmitchell]
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi

Down here in South Texas if they got sprayed the only way you would know that it happened is by the pile of ash and debris left where you once had a place to stay.

#5604046 - 02/17/15 08:58 AM Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: rexmitchell]
cyberpyrot Offline
Tracker

Loc: Houston, TX
I love your thinking though. Make em hurt but in today's society you are more likely to get sued even if there on your property with out consent. the law protects the criminals not the victims

#5604054 - 02/17/15 09:04 AM Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: rexmitchell]
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
so you keep your stuff you just itch like hell every time you use it? I like my camera system and anti thief shotgun.

You would rather lose everything you have? Not me. Also, you can mount it outside and this application would be for when you are not around, so not sure how a shotgun is going to help you there.

Outside or even inside I would worry about false triggers by critters or varmits.

#5604069 - 02/17/15 09:13 AM Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: stxranchman]
rexmitchell Offline
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Down here in South Texas if they got sprayed the only way you would know that it happened is by the pile of ash and debris left where you once had a place to stay.

Unfortunately you are probably right.
I love your thinking though. Make em hurt but in today's society you are more likely to get sued even if there on your property with out consent. the law protects the criminals not the victims

Again, unfortunately you are probably right as well.

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell

Outside or even inside I would worry about false triggers by critters or varmits.

If you could only figure out a way for it to only be triggered by racoons, I would have a million dollar idea for keeping them away from feeders.

Edited by rexmitchell (02/17/15 09:13 AM)

#5604079 - 02/17/15 09:21 AM Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: rexmitchell]
Double Naught Spy Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Forestburg, Montague Cnty, TX
That has to be a really stupid idea. Sorry, but boobytraps are just not a good idea. If there isn't already an alarm and other factors chasing off the burglar, yeah, he is going to steal your stuff after he cleans up a bit, and then he is going to burn down your house (as noted). You burn his mouth, nose, and eyes, and he will burn down your house. Along the way, most of the evidence of his burglary will be destroyed.

Depending on the setup, there is a good chance that you will set it off at least once yourself, and there will be a mess to clean up as a result. That aerosolized crap is going to get all over. They claim no clean-up, but you can't spray out 4 oz of OC and not have any on any of your surfaces. That is just a flat out misrepresentation. That the high pitched warning tone is untraceable is also a misrepresentation.

Don't waste your money.

#5604083 - 02/17/15 09:26 AM Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: Double Naught Spy]
rexmitchell Offline
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
That has to be a really stupid idea. Sorry, but boobytraps are just not a good idea. If there isn't already an alarm and other factors chasing off the burglar, yeah, he is going to steal your stuff after he cleans up a bit, and then he is going to burn down your house (as noted). You burn his mouth, nose, and eyes, and he will burn down your house. Along the way, most of the evidence of his burglary will be destroyed.

Depending on the setup, there is a good chance that you will set it off at least once yourself, and there will be a mess to clean up as a result. That aerosolized crap is going to get all over. They claim no clean-up, but you can't spray out 4 oz of OC and not have any on any of your surfaces. That is just a flat out misrepresentation. That the high pitched warning tone is untraceable is also a misrepresentation.

Don't waste your money.

One of the options hooks up to an existing security system.....and it was just an idea, I'm not going out and buying one.

Edited by rexmitchell (02/17/15 09:26 AM)

#5604148 - 02/17/15 10:00 AM Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: rexmitchell]
Western Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wise County Texas
You fellas sound like you never had OC sprayed in your face or close by, Police grade is bad mojo, we had to be sprayed in order to carry it, so we would understand how to work with a perp that was sprayed. You can't breath and think your going to die. Of course it depends if it's a 5% or a 15% mix.

I don't buy the "no clean up" either...Your fogging a room with oleoresin capsicum (SP been awhile)

BTW, 1/2 oz would clear a room of folks.....

The first 5 day's after the weekend, are the hardest....

Dennis

#5604158 - 02/17/15 10:03 AM Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: stxranchman]
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Corsicana

That was my exact thought. Me and the methheads are currently in a state of detente'. They cruise through my old farmhouse every now and then, find nothing worth stealing, and move on. That little device would upset the balance in a hurry. smile

#5604229 - 02/17/15 10:42 AM Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: Nogalus Prairie]
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

That was my exact thought. Me and the methheads are currently in a state of detente'. They cruise through my old farmhouse every now and then, find nothing worth stealing, and move on. That little device would upset the balance in a hurry. smile

Down here the foreign exchange students do not have a current address and are just passing through generally. Better off just leaving a place open and nothing of value left inside if you are not there very often most of the year.

#5604424 - 02/17/15 12:58 PM Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: rexmitchell]
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Saginaw, Tx
My solution is . . . hanged
http://www.threefingersbowhunting.com/

#5605147 - 02/17/15 07:57 PM Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: rexmitchell]
ruckmarch Offline
Light Foot

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Ambush

#5607239 - 02/18/15 06:49 PM Re: Possible solution to thieves? [Re: stxranchman]
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Dollas,Taxes Bluff Dale Tx
I think about that every time I want to tell a particular neighbor to water their horses.

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide