Forum Stats
60482 Members
45 Forums
476322 Topics
6248410 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5593636 - 02/11/15 07:15 AM YO auction this year?
don k Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Bandera, Tx
Is the YO going to have an exotic game auction this April? Looked on their web site and all it list is for last year.

#5593731 - 02/11/15 08:22 AM Re: YO auction this year? [Re: don k]
Zach S Online   content
Woodsman

Loc: Mason, Gatesville, Round Rock
The families have split the ranch up which complicates things further but i am friends with one of the daughters and will ask. I thought that the last one was it but there is no telling.

#5593858 - 02/11/15 09:31 AM Re: YO auction this year? [Re: don k]
sparrish8 Offline
Pro Tracker

Seems like things are falling apart even more with Walter gone

#5595620 - 02/12/15 07:57 AM Re: YO auction this year? [Re: don k]
EddieWalker Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Tyler, TX
At least it wont sell anytime soon. Seems to be overpriced at $75 million.

http://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales/...n-home-tx-78058

Eddie

#5595767 - 02/12/15 09:33 AM Re: YO auction this year? [Re: EddieWalker]
TonyinVA Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
At least it wont sell anytime soon. Seems to be overpriced at $75 million.

http://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales/...n-home-tx-78058

Eddie

$75,000,000 divided by 29,000 acres is about 2600 per acre .... with all the improvements and animals is that overpriced in that area ...or is it just a big amount to find a willing/wanting buyer ......just curious

Edited by TonyinVA (02/12/15 09:35 AM)

#5597056 - 02/12/15 09:29 PM Re: YO auction this year? [Re: don k]
don k Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

I can't see anyone or group buying it. And I don't see how the individuals wanting to divide it agreeing on how to do that. I would think the only way would be to start splitting it up and selling parts of it like they have been doing in the past. Also I can see why the individuals would want to get out from under it. For the size of the place and the upkeep it must take it can't be making any real money. They can't even fix the crappy road going to the head quarters.

#5597094 - 02/12/15 09:43 PM Re: YO auction this year? [Re: don k]
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity

Asking price and sales price can be very far apart sometimes.....

#5597238 - 02/13/15 12:01 AM Re: YO auction this year? [Re: don k]
nsmike Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: MN
I'm not an expert, but from my understanding is that, some some of the things the did over the years like the condo/pud devevelopment, keep it from being a straight forward land sale. The added complexities and legal issues make things difficult. If it was a straight land deal it could be split into 5 or 6 pieces and already sold.

#5597337 - 02/13/15 06:58 AM Re: YO auction this year? [Re: nsmike]
therancher Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Mountain Home, Uvalde, and Big...
Zack can check with Tessa for sure, but one of the guides from there told me in December that it had already sold down to 18,000 acres with a pending sale on ~ 4,000 more, and that the 4 principles were going to have to split the rest and find their own path after that.

The assumption was that there won't be another auction. If you were at the last one (I was), it was not as well attended and fewer animals than in the past. FWIW.

Sad all the way around.
"I cant wait to see if he plays this week, and if he does if he can actually break 50 percent completion ratio. Haha or maybe even throw for 200 yards. Possibly break a QB rating of 75." - Texas Tatonka
www.bigironranchadventures.com

#5597347 - 02/13/15 07:09 AM Re: YO auction this year? [Re: therancher]
don k Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Originally Posted By: therancher
Zack can check with Tessa for sure, but one of the guides from there told me in December that it had already sold down to 18,000 acres with a pending sale on ~ 4,000 more, and that the 4 principles were going to have to split the rest and find their own path after that.

The assumption was that there won't be another auction. If you were at the last one (I was), it was not as well attended and fewer animals than in the past. FWIW.

Sad all the way around.
Yes I went to the one in the fall. I also noticed the lack of bidders and animals. I go to see what the Ibex prices are like and to see some individuals that I only usually see there. Only a couple of Ibex kids sold and did not see the people I usually visit with. Yes it is a shame.

#5597399 - 02/13/15 07:38 AM Re: YO auction this year? [Re: don k]
TCB Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Denton, TX
I was hoping to hit the $500MM PowerBall and start negotiating for it all. It would have been easy to lease out portions, continue hunts and I would have set up a section that was kids only hunts.

It would have been great to have a piece of Texas history and try to continue the legacy.

#5597453 - 02/13/15 08:13 AM Re: YO auction this year? [Re: don k]
therancher Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Mountain Home, Uvalde, and Big...
Originally Posted By: don k

Sad all the way around.
Yes I went to the one in the fall. I also noticed the lack of bidders and animals. I go to see what the Ibex prices are like and to see some individuals that I only usually see there. Only a couple of Ibex kids sold and did not see the people I usually visit with. Yes it is a shame.

You and I have attended several auctions together but you've never introduced yourself. My only legitimate assumption I guess is that you have higher standards than to associate with the likes of me. Kinda hurts my feelings a little.

I gave up introducing myself to all the old codgers after several told me they weren't you. I think one or two of them might have been you but you just fibbed to me to avoid me.

See, there my feelings are hurt again....

wink
"I cant wait to see if he plays this week, and if he does if he can actually break 50 percent completion ratio. Haha or maybe even throw for 200 yards. Possibly break a QB rating of 75." - Texas Tatonka
www.bigironranchadventures.com

#5597712 - 02/13/15 10:38 AM Re: YO auction this year? [Re: therancher]
kdkane1971 Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Mesopotamia

Sad all the way around.

You and I have attended several auctions together but you've never introduced yourself. My only legitimate assumption I guess is that you have higher standards than to associate with the likes of me. Kinda hurts my feelings a little.

I gave up introducing myself to all the old codgers after several told me they weren't you. I think one or two of them might have been you but you just fibbed to me to avoid me.

wink

Wish I would have known Don was there too. To be there with two THF legends would have been surreal!

#5597719 - 02/13/15 10:42 AM Re: YO auction this year? [Re: kdkane1971]
don k Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Originally Posted By: kdkane1971

Sad all the way around.

wink

Wish I would have known Don was there too. To be there with two THF legends would have been surreal!
Legends in our own minds. No wonder you could not find me if you were looking for old codgers Rancher. I am only 68.

#5597749 - 02/13/15 11:00 AM Re: YO auction this year? [Re: don k]
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Saginaw, Tx
68 is old. Or at least I thought so until I hit the half century mark. Now I hope I make it that long to see my grandson graduate high school.
http://www.threefingersbowhunting.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide