Forums46
Topics537,699
Posts9,727,888
Members87,033
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: Texas Turkey Hunter DFW] #5584018 02/05/15 05:08 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Texas Turkey Hunter DFW
Well now that the game wardens know what your doing your gonna get arrested! Trust me they read this forum on a daily basis. If they haven't already pulled the metadata from your picture which gives the EXACT location this picture was taken then they will very soon! YES the planting of non native grasses or crops of any kind or the baiting of wildlife is VERY MUCH ILLEGAL on all public lands in Texas! What ever MORON made you think it wasn't is an idiot! Read the year book it is very clear on this subject! You CANNOT use any attractant of any kind for Whitetail deer or Wild Turkey or migratory birds or any other animal including feral hogs on public hunting lands......

Thanks for the obvious. Does someone need to see some "action" other than animals? If in fact it is illegal why would I do it? The true moron is the person who thinks someone would publicly announce something they knew was illegal and do it anyway.

Your time may be better spent in a therapist office my friend, because clearly you have some built up aggression inside, and a nerve was struck. Good luck to you, and may you find some sort of release; living life with that kind of aggression built up will do you no good in the long run.

Also thank you for making me see, once again, first hand how infant it looks to go off on a random person online, because clearly you are the first one to do that in the history of this forum.

Last edited by jtprocaddie; 02/05/15 05:09 PM.

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: TXGH] #5584095 02/05/15 05:41 PM
7ARanch Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Questions come up all the time about what is and what is not legal and sometimes the yearbook is a more than a little confusing. Rather than trying to track down the local GW I suggest you go to the TPWD website and write and ask them in the law enforcement section. They are very helpful.
I have used it and gotten an answer within hours. Print the response so there is no chance of a misunderstanding with the local GW or anyone else and you are good to go.

And yes TX turkey you are a DBAG for being so condescending in your response.

Destroyer 340; Easton Flatline; Grim Reapers
Not as Mean Not as Lean but still a Marine

Billy Bob: My nose is dripping on my balls...
Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: TXGH] #5584111 02/05/15 05:48 PM
P
postoak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
As I said above, there are food plots in the SHNF put there by some turkey organization with the cooperation of the government. Anybody know more about these? A guy I know hunts deer over them.

Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: TXGH] #5584298 02/05/15 07:04 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie
I am well aware that I may never be the only one to hunt it. And if someone else sets up on it I cannot get mad as it is public land. However the odds are slim.

In a very remote area, I can see a little Throw and Grow doing the deer some good.

Baiting was legal in the National Forest when I first started hunting it back in the late 80's. It was only made illegal after hunters started laying claim to the areas around their bait piles.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: TXGH] #5584355 02/05/15 07:27 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
If a GW has nothing better to do than worry if somebody scratched out a small area with a rake that he had packed in for over a mile then he has way too much free time on his hands.

Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: don k] #5584404 02/05/15 07:50 PM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: don k
If a GW has nothing better to do than worry if somebody scratched out a small area with a rake that he had packed in for over a mile then he has way too much free time on his hands.

Seriously.....go find the guy spotlighting deer, not someone who threw out some seed in the middle of a forest.

Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: Texas Turkey Hunter DFW] #5584556 02/05/15 09:03 PM
22hemi13 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
I keep tampons in my hunting bag to put my sents on. They're super cheap and effective. But I think you could use it yourself. The guys just askin for an opinion. Dang

Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: postoak] #5590350 02/09/15 02:59 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: postoak
As I said above, there are food plots in the SHNF put there by some turkey organization with the cooperation of the government. Anybody know more about these? A guy I know hunts deer over them.

The SHNF has the rights to do so... hunters dont

Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: TXGH] #5590457 02/09/15 03:57 PM
T
Texas Turkey Hunter DFW Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
And the simple answer is yes it is illegal! I am sick and tired of the number of people on this forum that think it is OK to break the law! Either follow the rules set forth by the state of Texas or go hunt somewhere else! But remember, TPWD game wardens read these forums on a regular basis AND all they have to do is search this guys profile to find out who he is. If he decides to go thru with his little project I strongly suggest he deletes his profile on here and don't EVER post any pictures of your little food plot because the wardens can use it as evidence.....

Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: TXGH] #5590466 02/09/15 04:04 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
NO ONE HAS PLANTED A FOOD PLOT OR TELLING HIM ITS OK

lol are you reading the same thread everyone else is??

Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: Texas Turkey Hunter DFW] #5590474 02/09/15 04:08 PM
ETexas Hunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
And the simple answer is yes it is illegal! I am sick and tired of the number of people on this forum that think it is OK to break the law! Either follow the rules set forth by the state of Texas or go hunt somewhere else! But remember, TPWD game wardens read these forums on a regular basis AND all they have to do is search this guys profile to find out who he is. If he decides to go thru with his little project I strongly suggest he deletes his profile on here and don't EVER post any pictures of your little food plot because the wardens can use it as evidence.....

what a clown

Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: TXGH] #5596275 02/12/15 08:27 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Thanks for the info everyone I will be calling the game warden this week and get answers directly through him. My goal is to basically throw some seed and hope for the best and see if it takes in an area that is already cleared. (maybe bring a leaf blower and blow some leaves out.

Will keep you posted on the info I find out.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: Texas Turkey Hunter DFW] #5596585 02/12/15 11:48 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Like I said before if GW's have time to worry about little sh*t like this they have way to much time on their hands. Oh and I am easy to find.

Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: TXGH] #5597241 02/13/15 06:06 AM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
If you are breaking the laws, you are no better than a poacher. up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: dogcatcher] #5597853 02/13/15 06:19 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

Agreed, that is why I want to make sure I am not breaking any laws. :-D

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: dogcatcher] #5598118 02/13/15 09:37 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
If you have never broken a law you must either be a Saint or the poster boy for DPS, TPWS and the Sheriff Dept. So you have never driven even one mile an hour over the speed limit? Never not completely stopped a stop sigh? Never broken a law. Amazing I can't say the same for myself so I must be a poacher.

Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: don k] #5598243 02/13/15 11:00 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
If you have never broken a law you must either be a Saint or the poster boy for DPS, TPWS and the Sheriff Dept. So you have never driven even one mile an hour over the speed limit? Never not completely stopped a stop sigh? Never broken a law. Amazing I can't say the same for myself so I must be a poacher.

I would assume he means major laws.. I mean I have driven down a non driving road before to drag a deer out so I don't have to walk it out 2 miles. lol so I guess by that standard I am a poacher too!

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: TXGH] #5598304 02/13/15 11:45 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie

I would assume he means major laws.. I mean I have driven down a non driving road before to drag a deer out so I don't have to walk it out 2 miles. lol so I guess by that standard I am a poacher too!
So if you carry a rake in a mile into a place and scratch the ground and throw out some seed that is a major crime?

Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: TXGH] #5598729 02/14/15 04:04 AM
S
Shawheel Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
popcorn

I hump the wild to take it all in, there is no bag limit on happiness. -Ted Nugent
Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: TXGH] #5598747 02/14/15 04:14 AM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
It is probably going to be dependent on the rules of the public land you are inquiring on. You might try contacting the manager of the controlling authority for the public land in question and see if you can obtain permission to plant a food plot. There is one corps area that is a draw where drawn hunters are actually required to plant a food plot as one of the requirements of the permit.

Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: Sniper John] #5602052 02/16/15 05:10 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted By: Sniper John
It is probably going to be dependent on the rules of the public land you are inquiring on. You might try contacting the manager of the controlling authority for the public land in question and see if you can obtain permission to plant a food plot. There is one corps area that is a draw where drawn hunters are actually required to plant a food plot as one of the requirements of the permit.

That could be an interesting conversation if the GW says no it's against the law to bait, (plant), on public land and the Corp people say that everyone is required to plant a food plot to hunt. Even if it is a draw hunt, state laws have to apply equally to corp land. At least i would think so.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: food plots on public land... Baiting? [Re: Mr. T.] #5604582 02/17/15 09:00 PM
Y
Yellowhammer Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Y
http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5388601.pdf

In the public hunting land book (page x) the definition of baiting is
Quote:
The placement of mineral, vegetative materials or other food substances used as an attractant for wildlife

On page xi under Prohibited Actsit says
Quote:
Baits wildlife (see definitions) on public hunting lands except when performed in conjunction with the use of traps, or snares for taking furbearers and predatory animals......

Quote:
Notice: the use of scent lures simulating animal odors is not considered baiting

Placing scent attractants that simulate food would be considered baiting.

US Army COE Hunting Regulations vary by property.

http://media.swf.usace.army.mil/pubdata/ops/recnres/Final_Hunting_Guide_2014-2015.pdf

Last edited by Yellowhammer; 02/17/15 09:06 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide