Page 1 of 2 1 2
deer lease possibble trespasser need advice #5575529 02/01/15 12:46 AM
S
samsamthemex Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
so earlier last yr i was offered a lease in young county. i paid and got on it. has 2 other hunters. i lease from a lease manager? he had the lease and knows the land owner. now he sub leases? it to me.

well a few months ago, middle of deer season, i get a text that the land owners grand kids are heading out to the property to check it out and drive around. look the place over i guess. make sure we are taking care of it. long story short they went to the lease to hunt. sat in my blind and hunted my feeder. shot a pig. (we havent killed ANYTHING on the property yet, still havent as of today)., left beer bottles in my blind. so i text the lease manager and seems about as mad as i am. assures me that thats not what was supposed to happen, and the land owner would not approve.

so i let it go. havent mentioned it or asked anything about it!!

this weekend i decided to check cameras, and fill feeder. i noticed tire tracks down the road to get to feeder. i checked cameras and again see there was traffic.

i assume they came to hunt again becuz the first pic i have of them is at 230 in the am driving around my feeder. what else are you doing at 230 in the am down by a feeder!! also same day much later that after noon there they are again driving around my feeder! all caught on cam.

what can i do, any legal way to keep this from happening. prob should just find a new lease?

do i have any right?

Last edited by samsamthemex; 02/01/15 12:47 AM.

Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: samsamthemex] #5575570 02/01/15 01:08 AM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Talk it over with the lease manager and get answers. That is what a lease manager is for.
Also if you renew the lease it would help to have a clear lease agreement that would address those issues.
If you didn't sign a lease agreement, then you have little ground to stand on!

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: samsamthemex] #5575571 02/01/15 01:08 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Find a lease where you deal directly with the landowner.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: stxranchman] #5575578 02/01/15 01:12 AM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Get off of it.

Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: dgilbert] #5575592 02/01/15 01:21 AM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: dgilbert

Get off of it.

Whoa!....How's the deer hunting, and how much do you pay?

Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: samsamthemex] #5575629 02/01/15 01:40 AM
S
samsamthemex Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
i signed a lease agreement, but only states i have hunting and fishing permission. nothing about other hunters or the other tow on lease.

jimbo- thats the thing. i am on 520 acres in young county. i have a 12x12 cabin with elec, and a community kitchen cabin. all existing. and i pay $1000 for the yr. kids and famliy welcome off my tags. totaly fine with me!!

as with most it was a slow yr for deer hunting this last season. but everyone i have talked to in the surrounding properties have all stated that i shouldnt have a prob filling freezer. but prob not gunna get any real trophys. we are not looking for trophy deer anyway. but as with most the deer were nocturnal. only seen 2 deer in the day time and passed on both as it was the first week of the season!! but lots of deer at night on the cams.

Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: samsamthemex] #5575726 02/01/15 02:29 AM
4Weight Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
2 bucks an acre. That's strange

Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: samsamthemex] #5575729 02/01/15 02:30 AM
H
HillbillyDeluxe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Good price, but you may have to take the good with the bad.....the bad in this case family and friends having the run of your lease and your gear. I have had that happen too and didn't put up with it for a second. But that was me and we were paying a lot more than that.

Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: dgilbert] #5575766 02/01/15 02:44 AM
J
JRJ6 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J

Get off of it.

This ^^^^

Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: samsamthemex] #5575983 02/01/15 05:40 AM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Just curious, what city does your lease Manager live in? There's a well-known Young county lease Mgr., curious if it's him.

Charlie

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: samsamthemex] #5576016 02/01/15 07:39 AM
W
wisco-hunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
For that price and those amenities, who cares, unless you are rich...then get the hell out of there.

Why is it that every time I push #1 for english, I cannot understand the person on the other end???
Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: samsamthemex] #5576024 02/01/15 09:31 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
As was stated above, for the price you might just have to put up with it.

If they're only out there after the regular season killing hogs, then I wouldn't sweat it. For that price.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: Jimbo] #5576064 02/01/15 12:50 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: Jimbo

Get off of it.

Whoa!....How's the deer hunting, and how much do you pay?

You saw 2 deer, "nuff said" in my book.

I would at the least, have a frank discussion with the lease manager and/or LO . Having you think one thing, then find out another, personally wouldn't matter to me if it was $250 year. So far you paid 1000 bucks to go "camping".

I have been on leases where the same thing happened, 1st one I got my money back and was lucky, 2nd LO had no idea his son was bring out half the senior class (college) and that ended quick with that LO, he was a stand up rancher.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: samsamthemex] #5576130 02/01/15 02:04 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
seen this kinda thing a lot over the years
I suppose if you don't mind lots of unexpected traffic
and at that price to boot ....
maybe stay on and try to see if it gets better ?

Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: samsamthemex] #5576172 02/01/15 02:45 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Let me know when you get off of it.. I have a lease that's smaller and with 10 people.. Everyone hunts everyone else's blinds and has never been a problem. It's all about communication and maybe a lock on your blind door. How many times did you hunt to see those deer

Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: samsamthemex] #5576203 02/01/15 03:13 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I wouldn't just throw my hands up and leave!
Sometimes complaining a lot will get results. Complain, write emails, whatever it takes, maybe even threaten legal action. Be a complete pain in the arse! You really don't have anything to lose. I've seen it work in the past, not by me by the way. LOL!
So you get kicked off, it's a gamble, but at least you get your say and maybe it will do some good.

Last edited by Jimbo; 02/01/15 03:27 PM.

Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: Jimbo] #5577566 02/02/15 04:38 AM
M
MELackey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Sometimes complaining a lot will get results. Complain, write emails, whatever it takes, maybe even threaten legal action. Be a complete pain in the arse! You really don't have anything to lose. I've seen it work in the past, not by me by the way. LOL!
So you get kicked off, it's a gamble, but at least you get your say and maybe it will do some good.

the squeaky wheel will get greased...

Jimmy Hoffa got greased...

Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: samsamthemex] #5577966 02/02/15 02:50 PM
T
Texas Turkey Hunter DFW Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Be careful! Unless it is written into your hunting lease agreement that you have exclusive rights to hunt the property with no exceptions for land owner, family or relatives. If you don't then there is nothing you can do about it! We had this issue in Throckmorton a few years ago and we had a very specific contract! There was to be no access by the land owner or his family unless it was an emergency & they were to call us and inform us as to why they would be out there. His teenage son and his buddies were sneaking out there when we were gone, they would go 4 wheeling and mess with our stuff, we set up cameras and then showed the pics to their dad. He was awesome! He went nuclear on them and allowed us to change all of the gate locks, giving him one key. There was no livestock or gas/oil wells on the lease so there was no need for them to be out there. We had a year round lease with the understanding that during Deer season & Spring Turkey season there would be no one on the land but us!

Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: samsamthemex] #5578008 02/02/15 03:06 PM
Bbear Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Had the same problem on a lease south of Merkel. Myself and 5 friends had 900 acres that had a few hogs and some good deer numbers. There was a neighboring pasture of 300 acres that was for the LO's friends and family. The first we knew that someone was there was when I found a jack in one of the roads at a rough spot. I asked the others on the lease if they were missing theirs and it wasn't any of theirs. I took it to the LO and he recognized it immediately. Seems his two boys figured they could hunt our lease during the week.
The culmination of it was when I took a week off and hunted there every day. I was on one of our hill stands and saw a strange vehicle driving on the land with rifles pointing out of the windows. As they drove near the stand I took pictures of the truck and got a fair picture of the driver. I got down from the stand and got another picture of the license plate on the vehicle.
I drove into Abilene and had the roll of film developed. Then sent a copy to the others on the lease as well as the LO.

LO apologized and supposedly chewed out his son (it was his son's truck). After that, we started having our feeders vandalized, stands knocked over. By the end of the first year our group had taken a grand total of 3 deer. All does. I took two of them.
When time came to renew, we let the LO know we weren't coming back.

If your LO won't limit access, get off. There is too much land to hunt in Texas to put up with other people hunting your area for free!

[IMG][/IMG]

Pay it forward - Kids are the future.

Rifles are similar to boats and young women...there's no end to how much money you can pour into them without making them any more useful.
Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: samsamthemex] #5578539 02/02/15 08:06 PM
P
passthru Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
This isn't just north of Newcastle is it?

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: MELackey] #5580091 02/03/15 04:27 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: MELackey

the squeaky wheel will get greased...

Jimmy Hoffa got greased...

So someone is going to kill you for complaining, when you have facts to back you up? loco

Last edited by Jimbo; 02/03/15 04:29 PM.

Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: Jimbo] #5580244 02/03/15 06:27 PM
M
MELackey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
no, no one is going to kill him, but if I was the landowner and someone paying me a pittance every year came started raising hell and making demands of me, my first thought would be "who in the heck do you think you are?" and then they would be given 10 days to vacate. You're going to threaten legal action against me because a member of my family is entering the property I own? You're going to be a complete pain in MY arse? I'll refund your $1,000 or whatever it is that you paid that you think gives you the standing to made demands of ME with regards to MY property, and I'll show you where to get off.

Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: samsamthemex] #5580626 02/03/15 10:57 PM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Two Words...

Young County...

RUN!!!

Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: MELackey] #5581325 02/04/15 11:12 AM
S
samsamthemex Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: MELackey
no, no one is going to kill him, but if I was the landowner and someone paying me a pittance every year came started raising hell and making demands of me, my first thought would be "who in the heck do you think you are?" and then they would be given 10 days to vacate. You're going to threaten legal action against me because a member of my family is entering the property I own? You're going to be a complete pain in MY arse? I'll refund your $1,000 or whatever it is that you paid that you think gives you the standing to made demands of ME with regards to MY property, and I'll show you where to get off.

first off i wouldnt come to you DEMANDING anything on your prop. like i said in my first post, it is their land and have the right to do what they want!! even hunt. but no on my dime. if i came at you with that attitude, them i would be expected to get kicked off. yoiu came at me with that attidude i would ask for my money back also!

i was just wondering if i even had a leg to stand on!! IF there ws anything i could do. i have talked to a warden and sge said basically unless they damage anything of mne there is really nothing that can be done.

but i am gunna try and have the part about no other hunters, period.

or maybe they can set their own feeder up. if they wanna hunt!

lets say you lease a car, and the carlots owners son wants to use the car, he is allowed to just come take it when ever he wants?? you would just let him,"oh it is his property anyway......"

Last edited by samsamthemex; 02/04/15 12:38 PM.

Re: deer lease possibble trespasser need advice [Re: samsamthemex] #5581367 02/04/15 12:24 PM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
My PERSONAL thoughts: I'm a LO and don't lease my land. However, if I did, I would assume that the hunters had exclusive rights to hunt the place.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide